Same Sweet Surprise

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

Ra.D - Thank you


 

Donghae and __________ went out to go to the nearby theatre to watch a movie together, just like any other normal couple on a date night would do.

The pair snuggled up to each other on the cinema’s special couple seat, casually relaxing and enjoying their holiday.

“What would you do if I asked you to marry me?” _________ asked in a whisper after the scene wherein the lead actress proposed to her boyfriend was showed.

“I don't know if I am going to say “Yes” to your marriage proposal.” He answered back in a hushed tone.

________ turned her head fast and looked at him curiously “Why not?”

“Because I’d want you to be the one to say ‘Yes’ to my proposal.” Donghae answered back, he looked at her when he answered then turned his head back to the screen.

“What if you take too long and I get burned out and I really really want to be married to you already?”

“Well…you’ve kept up with me for a long time now, right? A little more patience won’t make a big difference compared to how we got to this stage in our relationship. Remember great things come to those who wait…or in your case, a proposal will happen so just you wait.”

“You should be winning my heart right now and swoon me by doing a spontaneous yet romantic proposal even if it’s just putting that Onion flavored ring snack on my ring finger.”

He looked down on their snack bowl mixed with various stuff and then picked out all the Onion flavored rings. _________ thought that maybe…just maybe he would stack them all up in her ring finger and then state a cheesy line…but what he did just made her gasp. Donghae shoved all of those ‘special’ pieces into his mouth and chewed it in a cutely manner (although ________ refused to admit that it is adorable since he shouldn’t have done that) as if mocking her that he will not put a ‘fake’ ring on her finger…well at least not yet, and definitely not a fake ring.

“You…” ________ glared at Donghae and crossed her arms over her chest before looking away from him.

“Baby you’re acting weird.” Donghae continued to tease his girlfriend, acting as if he’s not the romantic guy that she knows.

“Am I? Maybe you’re the one acting weird?” _________ threw the question back to him before muttering “I am so going to get my revenge. If some fan randomly proposes to me I will say yes.” _________ ‘declared war’ on her boyfriend and he just chuckled at her and softly patted her head like she was some kid.

“Good luck on that sweetie. Now let’s continue watching the movie.”

 

 

- A week later -

 

__________ was woken up at noon by the incessant ringing of her doorbell.

She rarely enjoys being a lazy bum because of her work and other hobbies that keeps her active. She just recently finished her busy schedules and now she was given a much-deserved break, she seriously appreciated her soft bed and long hours of sleep more than ever.

The noise continued making _________ whine as she reluctantly get out of bed. It couldn’t possibly be Donghae, her family or her manager since they know the passcode to her apartment.

After letting out a yawn, ___________ finally opened the door.

“A delivery for you Miss from Mr. Lee Donghae.”

_________ was confused (and still half-asleep) when she signed the form and received the package, she hung the hanger of the dress cover on the back of her bedroom door and stared at it, wondering what could be inside.

‘Do I go back to sleep or check this out now?’ she had a dilemma in her mind. She decided to feed her curiosity and so she pulled the zipper of the dress cover all the way down to reveal what Donghae has sent her.

Donghae personally picked out a beautiful dress with accompanying shoes and even complete with matching jewelry.

There was a note on the middle that stated ‘I hope you like what I picked out for you, it is your style, right? I think you’d look pretty in it...wait what am I saying? You're always pretty. - Love Donghae’

_________ immediately jumped on her bed to crawl towards her bedside table and hastily grabbed her phone.

She checked the calendar just to confirm the date and true enough, it’s just an ordinary day…no special event today…or that’s what she thought. Leave it to the ever surprising Lee Donghae to come up with random things from his hyperactive over-imaginative mind.

 

‘Right on time.’ Donghae smirked when his phone rang with that special ringtone than belonged to none other than his girlfriend.

“Oppa! I got what you sent me. Thank you, I do love everything but what is this for?” _________ asked right away.

“I just wanted to take advantage of our holiday.” Yes, luckily both of their mini-vacation time away from work coincided. “Wear that and let’s have dinner tonight, is that okay?”

“I’d like that. What time will you pick me up?”

“At I-miss-you-too-much o'clock.” Is it still a surprise to know Donghae starts the day with utter sweetness…his words and actions are romantic enough to make anyone speechless.

 

The two decided to dine in their favorite restaurant since they haven’t eaten in that place for quite some time now.

It was during dessert time that Donghae decided to give ________ what she was asking for the last time they met.

“Being with you is my favorite part of my day.” Donghae suddenly said which made ________ stop and stare at him with a loving gaze.

“I feel the same, I am immensely happy every time we spend time together…and that is why I have something to give you. To remind you of me and to make us still feel close to each other despite being in different cities for work.”  _________ pulled out a small gift bag from her purse and put it on the table, sliding it closer to Donghae’s side.

“Wait…I have a gift for you too.” Donghae then got a black velvet pouch from inside his jacket pocket handed it over to _________.

“Hold on…why do I have a strong feeling that we have similar presents for each other?”  _________ looked at Donghae’s gift on her hand then eyeing the bag that was on the table.

“Only one way to find out. Let’s check it out at the same time. Ready honey?” Donghae and _________ started laughing when they finally saw what they gave each other, her intuition’s right.

What a coincidence that they both bought couple rings and gave it on the same day.

“And here I thought I was being unique.” __________ still couldn’t believe it.

“This so funny. Is this is your revenge?” Donghae asked as he remembered her words from last time.

“Actually it is, I thought that if I get a head start and give you this then you’ll feel a sense of frustration cause I beat you to it.” She chuckled. “But what can I say? We really do think and love a like. We even have the same nice taste in picking out the design of the rings.”

The couple fit the rings and both liked what each other bought. They thanked one another for the sweet gesture and then thought that they needed to sort things out so that they wouldn’t lose the other one or neglect the importance of the other pair.

“Well how about this, we can use the ones you bought as our special pendants. It’s lighter and thinner so it would suit your necklace better and I can interchange the use of it with my bracelet or necklace.” Donghae suggested and __________ gave him a bright look as she agreed with his idea.

“Just remember this is not an engagement ring yet, okay? This is our couple ring, a promise ring.” Donghae reminded his girlfriend for the nth time.

“Yes, I’ll keep that in mind. Aigoo, why do you sound like you really don’t want to give me an engagement ring?” _________ gave Donghae a suspicious look.

“I said not yet. I don’t want people assuming that your boyfriend isn’t giving you the best. I want you to have a beautiful ring fit for a princess. I’m no simple cheap man.”

“Okay, if anyone asks then I’ll tell them that this is just nothing compared to the real deal that you’ll give me. Then we will all expect for something big and shiny.” _________ replied wittingly making Donghae realized that put this pressure on himself, although he knows she’s just joking.

_________ borrowed a pen from the waiter after they asked for the bill and then started drawing something on her hand.

When she was finished, __________ presented her hand to Donghae to show him the big 3D diamond drawing she did on her ring finger above the newly acquired couple ring.

“You’ll cover this right?” She teasingly yet cutely asked him since the diamond she drew on her finger was almost an inch big since it stopped right below her knuckle.


 

Okay I lied (unintentionally) since this isn’t the revelation chapter yet…is that a good or bad thing?haha Yay for an extension though, right? ;) 

 

Just the other night, my mind came up with a new Donghae plot...one with a more bad boy y image inspired by SuperShow5.haha You girls want that? Or better yet...are you ready for that?LOL ;)

That new story is making me excited, I hope you feel the same too! Actually I’m excited for my current and 2 new stories that I can’t wait to post already!!