Party Time

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

 

“It’s a special day today girls.” The manager announced as he opened the door of the van to let ________, Yoonji, SunMi and E-Young in.

The girls were driven towards a salon wherein they would have their makeover. New life, new style.

They all got their hair changed, E-Young and ________ had a bit more subtle transformation while Yoonji and SunMi showed more difference. After that they were dolled up with full-on make up and gorgeous dresses for tonight’s event.

 

Some of the selective trainees who were sure to make a debut soon, like _______’s group, were invited to the agency’s party. They were to show up there to meet and mingle with other artists.

 

The girls went back to their dorm to pick and fix the purses that were sent by the stylists in coordination with their outfits.

_______ spritzed perfume on herself and was about to wear her high-heeled shoes when the doorbell rang. Since she was nearest to the door, _______ walked barefoot to see who was outside.

_______ opened the door and was surprised to see who was on the other side, mirroring the visitor’s expression.

 

Donghae was supposed to pick Boa up so they could go to the venue together. She recently moved to a new apartment and little did Donghae know that Boa now lives in the same building and more importantly, on the same floor as the girl trainees. The management strategically did that so the girls can have more supervision and also have a big sister figure close to them to ask for guidance and advice.

It was Donghae’s first visit to Boa’s new pad. He accidentally walked up to the wrong door, opposite Boa’s apartment.

Donghae couldn’t hide the fact that he was shocked when a glammed up ________ appeared in front of him.

There was an awkward silence before ________ spoke up.

“Why are you here?”

Donghae cleared his throat before asking “You’re going to the party?”

________ rolled her eyes at him before replying “Why? You don’t approve again? Got something harsh to say?”

Just before Donghae could answer back someone from behind him called out his name.

Boa opened her front door, she had a strong feeling that Donghae wouldn’t be able to find the right place, and true enough he was in front of the wrong apartment number.

Boa walked across the hallway and smiled at the two of them.

“You look great _________.” Boa complimented her and she wasn’t faking it at all.

“Oh me? Thank you but you look a hundred times better.” ________ replied sincerely, Boa looked stunning and now that ________ took notice, Donghae looks dashing as well.

“See you later.” Boa says before she got Donghae by the arm. “I expected your silly mistake. I’m almost done getting ready.” Boa chuckled as she and Donghae turned their backs on ________.

‘They look good together. I wonder if they’re in a relationship.’ Curiosity struck her as she watched Donghae follow Boa to her new flat.

 

Boa and Donghae do have a wonderful relationship. Both went through a lot of things in life and together they faced the struggles that made them grow up and their experiences made them rely much on each other, knowing that they know one another the best.

They’ve been friends for a long time and there was even a period that they dated each other. That ‘romantic’ link between them however is on and off.

“You’re awfully quiet and I’m thinking it’s either you’re too embarrassed from your earlier blunder or you got stunned by ________.” Boa voiced out her opinion as she walked out of her bedroom to see Donghae standing in the middle of her living room.

Donghae scoffed and shook his head in disagreement. “I’m simply admiring your new house.”

Donghae walks closer to Boa and gets the necklace from her hands and then he positioned himself to stand behind her and helped her hook the lock of the necklace around her neck.

 

 

The manager separated the four girls because they would be able to talk to much more people if each one of them gets to roam around and talk to different idols to raise awareness about them.

“Be nice and act comfortable so it would be easy for them to show support for your future. Make them happy girls.”

The meaning behind that phrase seemed vague but the girls didn’t seem to think too much about it.

 

________ was acquainted with the idol group ‘Beast’ and at first, everything was going well. They asked ________ questions about her current training status under the agency and shared their own experiences as well, giving her some insight and telling her to persevere and to continue holding on to her dreams.

One of the official photographers approached them to take a photo of their friendly interaction.

Doojoon moved closer to _________ and caught her by surprise by snaking his arm around her waist before the photographer counted down. He took advantage of the opportunity and rests his hand dangerously low on her hips before sliding it up near the side of her chest, not knowing or maybe not really caring that someone is carefully watching his offensive act.

 

“Hyung, where’s Nichkhun?!” Donghae asked Leeteuk over the loud music. Leeteuk pointed to where the guy is and Donghae briskly walked towards him.  

“Go get _________ now.” Donghae whispered to him right away.

 

________ could feel that it wasn’t just coincidence nor unintentional, there was malice in his act. She had to bite her inner cheek for her to not react much. It’s not like Doojoon isn’t desirable or anything because he is good-looking and she actually thought he was very nice, good-humored and respectable until that touchy move he did. She tried to step away but he just inched closer.

His hand was now resting on her lower back, still feeling her up and making her more uncomfortable by the minute.

Nichkhun took Doojoon’s hand off of ________ surprising both of them.

“I’ll take her away now since she needs to regroup with the others in preparation for their showcase in a bit.” Nichkhun tried to play it cool although he wanted to lay his hands on Doojoon for touching _________ inappropriately.

_________ thanked Nichkhun and she proceeded to where the other trainees are.

Technically it was Donghae that saved ________ from the situation but it’s Nichkhun who comes to her rescue, right?

 

“Everyone, may I have your attention.” One of the CEO’s spoke on the small stage that was set up on the center of the club. “We want to thank everyone for coming to our anniversary party. You all have contributed to our success with the collaborations and close ties you have with our very own artists that we are very much proud of. Let us all continue to strive for the best and work hard with our hearts always in the right place. Cheers!” He raised his glass and everyone followed his example before sipping their drinks. “Now to show you that we are not resting in producing the best performers, we will be presenting some our most promising new talents. Hope everybody gets excited and look forward to their debuts.” ________ and the other trainees walked up the stage to introduce themselves and show their skills. They all had a minute to impress the crowd and those who get the most positive feedbacks will move higher on the CEO’s list which will benefit them very much.

 

There were about 10 of them who prepared diligently for this moment, just like how they did when they auditioned in the beginning. Some danced while others sang with the help of the background music that they chose. Of course ________ chose to sing and to be able to stand out a bit more, she used a guitar and played it while she sang a song that brought out her clear and remarkable voice. She hoped that this stint would somehow convince the CEO and other heads what kind of music she would really love to do, with this attempt she’s still hoping they would change their minds.

 

Donghae unconsciously smiles proudly at ________ but that was soon replaced with another facial expression when he heard Doojoon snigger behind him.

“I think she’s the perfect package, really just my type.”

Upon hearing this, Donghae ‘accidentally’ elbowed Doojoon on the stomach.  Donghae turned around and apologized after he heard Doojon let out a sound of pain.

 


 

For those interested too see Siwon and Donghae photos & videos from last Wednesday (Bench event in Manila) please go to my photo blog: http://nlovesphotography.tumblr.com

 

Wasn't able to proofread this much so sorry for the errors. Heading out to have some Korean dinner now ^_^ 

 

~Comment Replies~

fishyfangirl: Donghae did show some emotion when he heard her voice in this chapter ;) Things will develop slowly but soon...maybe? :)

 

Yes! So happy I went with you guys ^_^ Tiring but worth it! Yes, more fangirling days and maybe try out Krestaurants?hehe :)

The sweat and tiredness is part of fangirling I guess.haha ;)

parkjiyeon: YAY! Hope you love this update too :)

ColaSmackles: I'm glad a lot of you enjoyed that Donghae 'gun' scene ;)

 

Yup, he is going to be brutally honest although not all the time since he'll be hiding some stuff...you'll see ;)

Love ya<3 Hope everything's well on you end :)

moonpeater: Yup really showing Khun's good side here ;) Donghae feels that he knows what she's going through and what she wants since he can sorta see himself in her.

JustWinter: Donghae could have done a better job or chosen a nicer set of words to use to express himself, right?haha

Hope you enjoy this update :)

anj_yesung: I'm happy a lot of you liked that part ;) I also am loving the song and got it on loop a long with other new Ksongs

Hope you like the new chapter :)