D-Day: It's You

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

Infinite H - Special Girl 


___________’s debut date unintentionally coincided with Donghae’s comeback stage.

Donghae released his album earlier and had his first comeback performance set already but some of the specific needed props that his agency requested didn’t get prepared on time so they had to push it back. Honestly though, he had no problem with it since it would mean that it could be a special day for him and __________. He didn’t try to do anything to change that, it was like he left it up to fate to decide.

It’s not that Donghae wanted to compete for the attention, his reason was way far from it. It was because he wanted to share the stage with __________. This was their passion and he wanted to showcase their talent and love for music, after all it’s what brought them together.

 

Donghae dropped by _________’s dressing room after his stylists and make-up artist were done fixing him up.

He knocked on her door and waited until __________’s managed opened it, he greeted Donghae and let him in. There, he saw _________ with make-up and a wonderful dress on. She smiled at Donghae’s reflection on the mirror before turning around to face him.

“You look beautiful.” Donghae complimented _________ sincerely.

“Thank you. Now for the first time ever, you truly look like a handsome singer, even like one of those idols in my eyes.” She a bit but seriously meant that Donghae looked charming.

“So…are you ready?” He asked as he pulled a chair and sat across _________.

She admitted that her confidence wasn’t still up to par, compared to what he shows off. She felt that she’s still not prepared enough.

Donghae placed his hands softly on her shoulders and started giving her the pep-talk she needed.

“Let all your inhibitions go. You were born to sing your heart out. Breathe in the moment once you get out there, take it all in. Believe me, you’ve got this.” Donghae really had his way with words. He seriously has the utmost confidence in her and that came through with the way he spoke.

He reminded her that she had the support of her family at home, her ‘musical’ family in Hondgae, her friends and mentors in AFF and Fluxus and most of all, she had Donghae to back her up, to catch her and give her that boost.

__________ closed her eyes and took a deep breath and released it slowly as she opened her eyes to see Donghae’s fixated gaze on her.

“I’m ready.” She stated as she nodded, she now believed in herself after comprehending everything Donghae just said.

Donghae’s eyes sparkled as he beamed at her. “That’s the ________ I know. Now go perform and own that stage.”

 

Donghae monitored _________ closely as she took command of the stage, not an ounce of nervousness could be felt from her presence. He interchanged watching her from the side of the stage and then looking at her performance closer with the screen in front of him, showing what the cameramen focused on and what was being aired. Instead of having a tense look, Donghae had a proud look expressed on his face.

He witnessed her suffer during her hard training days and now she looked like she was singing effortlessly.

_________ finished her first performance splendidly. There were still a few notes left on her instrumental but right before it ended and before the camera could even zoom out to fade from her stage, Donghae ran up to __________ in the middle of the stage and handed her a bouquet of flowers before running off to the other end of the stage. _________ covered in astonishment but then broke into a bashful smile. Now that’s how her first debut stage ended. Perfect. It was certainly something to remember because of that lover boy of hers.

 

When it was Donghae’s turn to perform, __________ watched him with awe. He was the last to perform because he was competing for that number one spot, despite performing his song live for the first time. He performed flawlessly, no wonder why he has a huge following, no question there because he truly deserved to be recognized for being a great artist.

 

“Everyone, this week’s number one song belongs to…” The video then showed a tabulation of votes, calculating it on the screen while everyone waited in anticipation.

“Lee Donghae! Congratulations!” The MC’s announced and the rest cheered for the astounded Donghae.  __________, was no exception, she felt elated for his win.

Donghae was given a microphone, a trophy and a small bouquet of flowers. Confetti started to fall and Donghae looked for _________, who gave him a bright smile before urging him to start with his winning speech.

Donghae first thanked his family, especially his father who is looking after him from up above, his AFF family and all the individuals who helped create him make another amazing album. He became emotional at some point but he was able to finish it strong before his winning song started to play, cuing the start of his encore stage.

“Everyone, I hope you allow me to do this…” He cut his encore stage and bowed to the fans before walking towards the side to drag _________ out front and center. She was just hiding on the side of the stage, unseen to the cameras and the fans while she was waiting for Donghae to finish up so she could congratulate him but he didn’t let her stick to her plan because he had his own.

“This lady right here just made her debut and I hope all, if not most of you can give your love and support. She really impressed me from the start, not just with her singing but with her overall personality and beauty.” Donghae then faced _________ and put the microphone down, although not low enough since their voices could still be picked up.

“_________, you're so special to me and I think words are not enough for me to explain why. I’m head over heels for you. I just know that I’m so glad and grateful that I met you. I think it’s only proper that I let you and everyone aware that I seriously have a tremendous amount of love for you. I pray that you accept my feelings, allow me to prove myself, give me a chance to be the one for you because I don’t think I can find anyone else like you. No other person has ever entranced me the way you did and I guess that says a lot, right? To sum it all up…I’ve fallen hard for you and it’s making my heart go crazy.” Donghae’s feelings never wavered, after clearing things with Boa, it was only _________ that filled up his mind and heart in a different, outstanding way.

He poured his heart out. He forgot about his ‘duties’ to the fans, he sacrificed his popularity that others say would decrease once an artist announces his relationship with someone that his fans might not approve of. He didn’t mind that because at the end of the day it’s his personal life, it is his happiness that is on the line.

_________ looked at him with a blank expression as if she was slowly absorbing what Donghae just said. Her lips slowly curved upwards before replying, “It’s you.” She sounded as if she just realized something. She finally owned up to her true feelings, using her answer to Boa’s question from before.

_________ realized that these feelings do not frighten her anymore.

“Huh?” Donghae slightly tilted his head to the side as a sign of confusion.

“When all my dreams come true, you’re the one I want next to me, celebrating life with me. All along I’ve been thinking that these butterflies in my stomach need to be shooed away because I can’t believe how much I’m into you. I think it’s only right that I return the favor of letting you know how I honestly feel. I’m in love with you.” _________ has come to accept the fact she didn’t want to push love away any longer because quite frankly she had no reason to reject this exceptional man who’s obviously keeper.

Her sudden profession of her love for him caught Donghae off guard, he thought that she wouldn’t speak such deep, heartwarming words and for that he was brought to a state of bliss.

 

 

Donghae showed a big gratifying smile, he became so wrapped up in the euphoric moment.

Donghae was so overjoyed that he cupped her face in his hands and leaned towards _______ until his lips finally touched hers for the first time. Yes, Lee Donghae just kissed his girlfriend right there and then, on stage, in front of fans and idols alike, on a show that’s being broadcasted live across different countries...and it was an amazing first kiss.

__________ followed Donghae’s advice of letting her inhibitions go, not only with her nerves in performing but also with her feelings for him. She kissed him back without having any second thoughts. .  __________’s brave heart spoke with actions when she finally claimed this eligible bachelor, snagging him off the market which made her feel very fortunate, the feeling was mutual because Donghae was also glad that he could now call this incredible girl his own.

 

The kiss wasn’t overly passionate but it wasn’t just a simple chaste kiss as well, it showed off the right amount of romanticness. A magical feeling swept over the two and they just went along with that love-filled vibe.

Donghae wasn’t able to imagine this kind of feeling, all his previous fantasies about this significant time were all underrated, this went beyond his expectations…this was such a perfect moment that two didn’t want to let go off it just yet.

Donghae and _________ stopped caring about what the public thought, it wasn’t like they were committing a crime.

Donghae wanted to show to the world who he loves, he gave them a world premiere of their relationship. At last he could finally claim her as his since he feels like he always reminded her that he belonged only to her.

 

Today was such a lucky, blessed day for Donghae, he didn’t only win his first award for his new song but he also won the girl of his dreams. Despite all his imperfections, she chose to be with him.

Despite her shortcomings, he loved her.

 

Oh boy…both their agencies will be having a hectic day answering queries from the media. Even the managers of Donghae and _________ do not know what the true score is between their talents.

Maybe it would be best for them to wait for the couple to come down from their high, more specifically once they get off stage and then talk to their management’s representatives before releasing an official statement…but based from their actions and declaration of love, the two had no plans of hiding anything.

 

 


 

Sweetness overload! The moment a lot of you have been waiting for! Their first kiss! Was it epic enough? Hope it is!

  Would love to hear what you girls think!

I was actually listening Ailee’s Evening Sky while proofreading this and that’s what I imagined during our protagonist’s debut stage. Was about to use SM The Performance - Spectrum for my suggested bgm but I thought this song suited the chapter better. Will probably use that for the next one ;)

Oh and you guys!! I'm having such a big crush on Hoya right now, like crazy! That's why he'll be the next one featured on my one-shot collection, Be with a guy who...(One-shots).

YAY FOR SJ's numerous wins on the GDA! Proud of the boys.

Wanted to use this gif cause he looks gorgeous here but then it looked too serious.lol