Romantic Revelations -Part I-

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

Jay Park - 좋아

 


Donghae drove with a smile on his face, he beamed and it could practically compare to the rays of the sun. He was in a pretty great mood (bordering excitement actually) to fetch his girlfriend from the airport. Today would be an extra special day so it also made him a bit anxious.

 

‘My girlfriend is a sweet loving babe’

‘Aww…that’s cute and sweet.’ _________ thought as she saw a poster that caught her attention on the arrivals section but then her eyes widened. What surprised (or rather embarrassed) _________ was the fact that it was being held by none other than Lee Donghae.

She rushed towards her boyfriend right away, pushing the board down as she asked him what the heck he was holding up.

Donghae took his sunglasses off before replying. “Just a little something so you can easily see me and it worked.” Donghae immediately enveloped his girlfriend in a tight warm embrace. “Good morning honey. I missed you.”

The two have been pretty busy doing their own preparations for their comebacks and for other activities and events that required them to frequently go overseas or out of town, thus they haven’t been able to see and even talk to each other as much as they’d like.

“You could have just put it on the scrolling led message app thingy on your phone, like what your fans do. But I missed you too, even this side of you.”

___________ momentarily forgot about her manager until he came up behind her to hand over her luggage to Donghae.

The two already asked permission from their agencies to have that day cleared from all schedules so they could spend time together.

 

“Awww…it’s so cute!” _________ was amused with the white bear that Donghae placed on the passenger seat. That was just the beginning of his surprising events for the day.

Donghae kissed her forehead before leaning back to look her in the eyes

“Are you sure you’re not tired? Do you want to just rest at my apartment?” Even though Donghae had everything planned, he still was considerate about her well-being.

“No, I’m perfectly good to go. How about you?” Fortunately _________ was able to sleep on the flight so she’s ready to take on the day with her boyfriend.

“Absolutely great. Nothing will stop today’s festivities from happening then.” Donghae started the car before saying “So are you ready our mini adventures today? I can sure use some of your sweet company.”

 

 

Donghae first brought __________ to the park where they found their puppy, as promised, they will be opening their time capsule and read the letters they wrote a few months ago.

Donghae gently unplanted the sunflower and gave it to __________ before grabbing their items and wiped them clean.

_________ opened the make-shift time capsule and fished out Donghae’s letter for her first.

“Wow. You tied the knot pretty tight.” ___________ said as she tried to remove the ribbon Donghae tied around the letter.

“Well that’s the main goal.” That was actually a very subtle hint.
Just when she was able to untie it, Donghae stopped her from unrolling the letter and revealing the contents. “Why don’t we read it in our next stop?” He suddenly suggested.

“Why? Where are we going next?”

“It’s a secret for now but it’s not that far but I bet it will be more special there.” Donghae convinced his girlfriend.

 

__________ was confused as to why Donghae parked in front of a building she wasn’t familiar with. Were they visiting someone? Was there a restaurant or a café in the building they’d dine in?

Despite her questions, Donghae kept quiet, he just led _________ to the elevator and pressed the button for one of the top floors. He continued to hold her hand until they stopped in front of the last door down the hallway.

“Oh no…the apartment’s locked.” Donghae feigned frustration, acting like he forgot the key.

“Can’t you call the guards downstairs? Maybe they have a spare one?” _________ suggested even if she still wasn’t sure what they were doing there in the first place.

“Only I have the keys to this place since they do have the electronic password protected doors.”

“Why did you get keys then?”

“In case of a blackout or something.” He gave out random excuses. “Oh wait, I know someone else who can open the door.”

“Who?”

He pretended to think hard about it before locking his eyes on her again then answered “You.”

“Me?” She asked with a puzzled look on her face, or more like a ‘what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about’ expression.

Donghae nodded with a grin right away.

“Huh? How am I supposed to –OH wait…you mean? No way! That’s impossible.” She found it hard to believe.

“Why?” He asked with a goofy smile. He’s been anticipating her reaction for this big reveal...and he isn’t close to ending this surprise event yet.

 “Are you serious? The key you gave me before is for this?!”

“Did you bring it? You do have it now, right?”

She nodded excitedly and handed Donghae the time-capsule before looking for the key inside her bag. She inserted the key into the lock as soon as she got a hold of it. __________ looked at Donghae with a shocked expression when they heard the door click, a sign that it was already unlocked.

“After you my dear.”

“Oh wow…” She was in awe with the beauty of the place.

The main areas that could be seen right away had that fusion between a contemporary style and as well as showing distinct features of the traditional ‘Hanok’ design.

The apartment complex also had a million dollar view, it overlooked the city’s skyline and peaceful looking river and parks.

“Hey, I asked you before! You told me it wasn’t an apartment!”

Donghae went behind her and wrapped his arm around her, giving her a back hug before reiterating himself. “Well I did say that it wasn’t an apartment of your own…it would be our home.”

“Wait…what does that mean?” She was honestly not sure and confused where things were headed based from Donghae’s words.

Donghae was about to answer when a small bark was heard, that distracted ________ right on cue.

“Did you hear that?”

“Go check the bedroom.” Donghae whispered and planted a kiss on her cheek before stepping back from her body.

The private master bedroom had a modern twist to it, like a fusion of interior design that was truly unique and pleasing to the eyes.

Their dog was waiting on top of the bed and quickly ran to them, jumping up on them playfully, that’s when __________ noticed the small box tied around their baby’s neck.

“You have to read the letter in our time capsule first then open that box, those will answer your questions…and mine as well.”

 


 

Finally! ^_^ Now you know what Donghae had up his sleeves...but wait for the next chapter because there's much more ;)

I was going to post a teaser but I guess I’ll leave you with something subtle first ;)

Here are the titles to choose from for the next Donghae story:

A Lovely Traffic (Jam) Moment

War & Romance on Wheels

Unusual Ride To Romance

Love In The Fast Lane?

Hopefully you can kinda get the feel/concept based from the possible titles ;) Help me decide?

Some .gif's that inspire the new Donghae story (from http://mrsleedonghae.tumblr.com/)