Will Cupid Work?

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

Super Junior KRY - Promise You or Eric Nam - Heaven's Door


“Congratulations on getting casted in a musical! How do you feel?”

“It hasn’t even started yet it already feels like an accomplishment. I feel excited and nervous at the same time, I’m the newest artist on the cast and it is my first attempt in a musical so I hope I will not let anyone down. I will work hard and do my best.” _________ answered with a radiant smile.

__________ was having fun with her interview for KBS’ show Entertainment Weekly until Donghae was dragged into the picture.

It’s really not a surprise for the MC to ask her about her relationship with Donghae but with their circumstance now, _________ tried to avoid talking about him.

“I think a lot of people still are envious about your romantic story with your boyfriend. I know you must get this question a lot but how are you and Lee Donghae?”

“I think…well, although we are ‘special’ in some people’s eyes we go through things like how normal couples are.” She didn’t want to lie nor did she want to give out any hint or detail. She didn’t want to let the problem linger but even with the countless apologies Donghae did through text messages and voicemails, she still can’t find it in her to easily let this one issue go that easily. She is still upset with him.

“Can you send him a video message?” The interviewer urged her.

“Uhm...Hwaiting!” She said with a nervous laugh in the end. The interviewer took that as a shy response and didn’t sense that she was actually not feeling comfortable talking about Donghae.

 

Donghae watched the segment and felt bad. He hoped _________ would have given him a sign that she’s starting to feel better already but it seems like she has no plans of forgiving Donghae just yet.

Despite his attempts, _________ hasn’t talked to him since she walked out on him a week ago.

“It’s our longest fight since we really got together, she doesn’t even want to hear or see me. I don’t know…this one seems really to test us, it’s scary how this feels like world war three for me.” Donghae confided with his best friend and in return Boa scolded Donghae for being so stupid…yet again.

“When will you two stop giving me headaches?” She sounded like a parent. “You two aren’t even married yet you’re already acting like an old married couple, fighting then loving at the same time, hugging each other for a second then choking one another the next moment. You know I also need to focus on my own love prospects so for now Lee Donghae, good luck because you’re on your own.”

 

 

Donghae’s determined to solve their problem so he continued to make it up to __________ bit by bit.

 

Donghae passed by her apartment and put a small box in front of her house. He rang the doorbell and hid at the nearest corner, he knows she isn’t ready to confront him, well actually the same goes for him, so right now all he could do is appreciate her beauty from afar and wish he could have her back in his arms soon.

_________ went back inside her place and opened the unexpected package. She got confused when she saw an unlabeled cd inside. She satisfied her curiosity by putting it in her laptop.

A playlist showed and the main title of the cd was revealed ‘Mixtape especially made for you – ♥Donghae’

Even the songs that belong to the genre that she usually doesn’t listen to aren’t so bad now, maybe because it’s Donghae who suggested them, maybe it’s because of the realization that he has her in mind when he listens to those songs.

Oh old school romance, still sweet as ever.

She listened to all the songs and absorbed every lyric. _________ was again stunned when a video started playing right after that special audio mixtape playlist finished.

The boyfriend that she hasn’t seen is now on her laptop screen.

Donghae was filmed playing the piano, he looked so concentrated and it just made her realize that the time they spent apart from each other made her life feel dull despite her busy schedule.

 

The rescheduled date for Donghae and _________’s special Valentine performance finally came. The two rehearsed before having their big fight and so they know what to do on stage and how to put a beautiful performance of their duet. The question is, can they still execute that perfect arrangement now that they’re still now in speaking terms?

 

After getting prepped, Donghae asked for the stylists and managers to leave the room for a bit since he wanted time alone with _________. They all knew that they were having a lovers quarrel so they gave the two their space.

Instead of talking, Donghae just quietly sat beside her. Neither of the two wanted to talk first, they didn’t even know what to say. 
_________ was firm (more like stubborn, she knows her pride kind of got in the way this time). Besides, Donghae was the one who approached her so should've come ready with his speech. 
Donghae sighed when the silence continued. He spotted a bunch of post-its on the side so he got a piece of and started writing on it.

‘I miss you, I miss us being together so much. It’s killing me.’

He then slid the paper on the table until it reached her side.

_________ read his note and then wrote her own reply below before passing it back to him.

‘You really make it hard for me too.’

Whose fault is it anyway that that they're going through that situation now? 
“I'm not going to apologize for standing up for you and protecting you.” Donghae finally spoke up, his tone serious and unwavering. “However I am terribly sorry for my careless words. I should've handled it more carefully but I just let my nerves get the best of me. You know I never want to hurt you. There’s only so many years in one’s life, why must I spend it with fighting with the one I love?”

“Then why did you say those hurtful things?” She retorted, obviously still disappointed.
“I'm a fool, I realized that the hard way. Please believe me, I really am sorry. I don't ever want to experience this kind of fight with you again. I don't want to mess up what we have. Let me make things right again. Please accept my apology.” Donghae pleaded from the bottom of his heart.

“It just seems that you have so little faith in me and my decisions. I don’t know how long I can put up with your doubt if it’s going to happen over and over again.”  __________ spilled out, sounding weary.
“I don’t doubt you _________, I feel like most of the time I even trust and believe your more than I do myself but I also can’t help it that it’s my nature to be protective of the ones I love. Please understand me. Let's work it out, that's how relationship works, right? I’m willing to compromise, to change just for the benefit of our relationship. All I want to do is be with you for the rest of my life. I want us to eat together, talk together, laugh together, cry together, travel together, make music together, sleep together, grow old and raise children together…to just be in love with each other forever. Is that so hard to ask?” It’s apparent that Donghae was agonizing.
_________ was still thinking about her response when one of the show’s coordinators knocked on the door and walked in on them.

“It’s time for both of you to be up on stage.” She fetched the struggling couple for their performance.

Donghae sighed and looked at _________ but it seemed like she had no plans of rushing to fix their problem. He had hoped that they would be able to get over that rough patch before their performance, he just wishes they will be able to deliver a believable lovable duet.

 

Fans cheered as soon as they spotted this season’s ‘it’ couple.

_________ had the first lines and as she sang Donghae listened to her voice as if it was like the last sound on the planet. While _________ cherished being on stage with him, she admired the way he sang and her heart pounded harder against her chest with every eye contact they had.

The couple did everything according to plan, fans swooned whenever the two would look at each other, they smiled and showed love all throughout. They sang every note perfectly, making their performance truly special and awesome.

As they were about to sing the last chorus together, _________ reached out for Donghae and squeezed his hand…they didn’t have that in their practice.

Donghae looked at their intertwined hands and let out an inward sigh of relief, he understood the secret message of her act and he’d be crazy not to reciprocate.

‘YES! She doesn’t hate me anymore! Nothing is wrong now.’ Donghae was crazily happy on the inside and it also showed on his expressions, he instantly had a brighter smile and his eyes sparkled more, the same goes for his girlfriend who seemed to bloom.

 

Right after their live duet, __________ and Donghae sat on the stools that the staff brought out on the stage for a short interview.

Before the host could actually start, Donghae asked to be excused for a few seconds. ________ looked confused as she watched Donghae rushed, or well run off stage.

__________ was obviously surprised when Donghae came back with a bouquet of flowers, yes he prepared them even if he wasn’t sure that they’ll be okay by that day. A fight, whether big or small, won’t stop Lee Donghae from still expressing his love for his woman, especially on this ‘love holiday’ that they’ll celebrate for the first time.

“Happy Valentine’s Day.” __________ blushed while she accepted the flowers from Donghae.

“Now who wouldn’t get in the Valentine’s Day spirit after seeing this?” The host said after the audience applauded, especially the girls who all seemed to express ‘awww’.

“What can you say to those people who are embarrassed to do special events or even just shy to express their feelings?” The MC asked the two.

“Please don’t be. Your partner will appreciate every little thing that you do that will make them feel your love, it doesn’t have to be grand or expensive. No one looks stupid when they’re trying to achieve their dreams or when they’re trying to show their true emotions so just go for it rather than regret and think of the ‘what if’s’. Go express yourselves and also don’t forget to show love to your parents and even friends.” _________ encouraged everyone and the whole crowd agreed with her.

“May we ask what your message to each other is for Valentine’s Day?”

“Uhm…even though we have our ups and downs, at the end of the day, I still love you. No other guy has got me hooked, you’re the only one for me, you’re the one I love so don’t forget that fact.” She sincerely expressed. It was short but sweet, she let Donghae know that he still and always will be the one occupying her heart.

“I know it’s not always easy being with me, I can be like a hyperactive kid or a moody oldie and sometimes it would be hard for you to understand me but I’m lucky to have you putting up with me and you still chose to love ne. I want you to know that even if the world changes, my heart will never change for you. I will love you forever.” Donghae genuinely voiced out, a heart-melting smile plastered on his face.

“Wow Donghae, you really sound so sure and dedicated. I don’t want to sound pessimistic or anything but what if you two break up in the future? What will you think of the words you’re saying now when you see the show in the future?”

The two weren’t offended with the question since they were already in the brink of breaking up just moments ago.

“If ever we do break up, we won’t remain friends.” The audience gasped and started talking amongst themselves, even __________‘s eyes were fixed intently on Donghae as she waited for his explanation.

“Because I will do everything that I can to convince her to be mine again. I won’t let go of her even if she asks me too but if she does find a guy that she feels is more suitable to her than me then that’s the only time that I will back off to make her happy. I will continue to love her from afar.” Donghae completed his reply, finally letting others breathe easy.

“Do you think you will ever ask Donghae to let you go?” The host asked _________.

Donghae looked at ________, nervously waiting for her answer.

“Never, I also have no plans of setting him free as a single guy.” She looked at Donghae and gave him a reassuring smile.

The audience suddenly had a love-hate relationship with the couple. Love, because the two because they seemed to have such an amazing relationship. Hate, because they have such a strong romance that they don’t know how to feel about their own lives, especially the single ones. All of them wish and pray for a love like that, even at least half of it.

“Well I think we can clearly hear the crowd requesting for a kiss to seal the moment and end the show. Can you show us a Korean drama-like kiss scene fit for Valentine’s day?” The MC requested and looked at the two expectedly.

Donghae shifted his seat before extending his hand out to cup her face. He let his fingers wander to her cheek while his eyes traced around her face before their eyes locked with one another. Without any hesitations, Donghae gently tugged her closer to him unit their lips touched for a blissful kiss. 

Oh how they missed each other’s kisses, hugs and other affectionate touches.

 

They may have started Valentine’s Day on a bad note but now they’re sure that they are ending it on a sweet and happy note.

 


Sorry for the wait but after reading this chapter, you understand why I chose to update today, right? ;)

Hope you enjoyed this chapter ^_^