The Final Piece

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

 

“What do you think has been your greatest achievement so far?” The radio DJ asked Donghae as they were wrapping up their interview.

The anchor probably thought that Donghae would mention his number one hits or his sold out concerts or something along the line. Surely he would be proud of those kinds of moments that proved he’s a great artist.

Donghae took a few seconds to construct his thoughts before finally stating his answer.

“My greatest achievement? Well, I can name a lot of small ones including those moments wherein I made my parents proud but honestly, I feel like my greatest achievement is finding and having my soulmate by my side. I was able to convince ___________ to give me a chance to love her. She was like the last piece of the puzzle in my life that I needed. She seemed like my lucky charm, after meeting her I realized that things fell all into place.”

“Awww…that is so sweet. I’m sure a lot of our listeners’ hearts are either melting or breaking. So is there anything you want to say to __________ right now?”

“I’ll just keep it short and simple. Thank you and I love you. I’ll be home soon.” Donghae’s smooth voice resonated through the airwaves.

 

“Did you listen to the broadcast?” Donghae asked once he entered their home.

“What broadcast?”

“The radio show I went to as a guest. You didn’t listen?” Donghae narrowed his eyes at _________.

She couldn’t help but chuckle at his reaction. “I love you too.” She told him, letting him know that she did hear his sweet words.

Donghae grinned before walking towards her and attacked her with kisses.

“Oh by the way, I have something great to watch with you!” Donghae said excitedly as soon as he remembered the item that was in his bag.

“What is it?” _________ asked curiously.

“Our wedding video came in.” He grinned as he held up the case of the CD.

“Wow that was fast.” She was delighted with the speed of the company who sponsored and covered their wedding. That day seemed to be so busy and passed by so fast that she wasn’t fully aware what truly happened outside her vision.

___________ stood up from the chair as Donghae extended his hand to help her up.

 

Hand in hand, they walked towards the bedroom and she plopped down on the bed while Donghae inserted the DVD on the player.

“I waited for you before watching it.” Donghae said somewhat proudly.

“It’s nice to know that you learned your lesson after our wedding gifts incident.” She teased Donghae (who is now pouting cutely by the way) about his little mishap on the day after their wedding.

What happened? Well…Donghae woke up earlier than her and got a bit bored, he looked at the pile of wedding gifts they got and became excited about them. Unfortunately for him, he was caught sprawled out in the room with half of the gifts opened, blame his curiosity.

The couple still hasn’t gotten their honeymoon vacation because of their conflicting schedules. Donghae said that it can be worth the wait as long as what he’s hoping for comes true…that they would be going on a ‘babymoon’.

Donghae hopped on the bed and pulled his wife next to him so that she could snuggle him instead of her favorite pillow. They were excited to ‘relive’ their wedding or at least watch the special event from a third person’s point of view.

 

The videographer first showed what went on behind the scenes, all the preparations for the wedding and the candid moments in between.

“Ooohh…my handsome hubby.” _________ started her own commentary segment as she complimented the scene wherein Donghae was being filmed in black and white. He was wearing his suit coolly and looked dashing as he wore everything that the coordinator passed on to him.

It then faded to the bride’s dressing room where she was being treated like a princess.

“Can’t you wear that every day?” Donghae pointed to the screen right when _________ stepped out of the door with her wedding gown on.

Yes, the couple couldn’t stop voicing out their thoughts while watching their favorite movie to date.

 

The bride's favorite song was played for their wedding march, something that shocked __________ because the pianists a.k.a Leeteuk and Nichkhun played a different one for their rehearsal. It turns out that Donghae planned that all along.

Donghae’s breath was taken away when he saw his wife-to-be walking down the aisle looking more beautiful than ever…almost ethereal even.

While for _________, she absorbed the way her man looked, he definitely showed everyone his drop dead gorgeous image.

 

“I wrote my speech but I decided to throw that out right before I entered. I tried to just memorize it all so before I forget anything I think I should state my vows now but before anything else I just really have to say that you look very beautiful.” Donghae stated sincerely with a sheepish smile on his face.

 

“Thank you.” She mouthed with a smile as she tried to hide her blushing face.

It's one thing to tell a woman that she's beautiful, but it's another thing when you make her actually feel it too.

“In the beginning, our hands were clumsily linked together, our fingers kept slipping away from each other before holding on to one another again as we continued to walk forward on the same path.
And with this next big step we have taken, it will become the moment in which will bound us together, that invisible red string of fate will forever tie us together and will change our future for the better.

I will do my best to be your everything, from your superhero to your puppy, I’ll follow you around and just like oxygen, I will always be around you. I am confident that I can overcome temptations and hardships as long as I am with you.

All my love is for you, only for you and for our family. I swear that I will strive hard to always keep you happy and contented so that no other guy can treat you as well as I do. With everything I have, with everything that I am, I promise to adore and love you with all of my life.” Donghae declared his love and his promise to her for the whole world to hear and get swooned by.

“It seems like I waited all my life just to be here in this moment. Thank you for turning simple days into special ones. You turn my every flaw into something I can draw strength from. I love everything about the way you love me. It’s been an amazing time being with you and I know this is just the beginning for us. I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together as husband and wife. Even after numerous special events and anniversaries, I know pleasant surprises still await us as our journey has just begun. I know I was born to marry you. I am so excited to tackle on the next chapters of our lives together. I can't wait to grow old with you because there's no one else in this world I rather spend the rest of my life with. I will do my best to be an amazing wife and hopefully be a great mother as well. You are my happy ending, my forever after.” Just like Donghae, she moved everyone with her vows.

The couple just melted the rest of the world.

 

Everything felt surreal even after the two exchanged rings and were pronounced officially married. Both were completely overwhelmed with love and joy as if their hearts were going to explode from happiness.

The kiss they shared in front of everyone was one of the most magical and memorable moments they had. That would top the loveliest kiss list for them and although they still have sparks flying every time they kiss, that one would definitely be one of the best ones.
 

“I felt like we were officially the happiest newlywed couple in the world.” Donghae said after he paused the video as he squeezed his wife with a hug tight enough to make her squeal.

"Oh I love you. I'm so in love with my wife." He moved his body to go on top of her, his elbows supported his weight while he leaned his face closer to his wife.

"I love you so so much." She replied right before their lips met halfway for a romantic kiss, a supposedly sweet lip-lock turned into an intimate one as their kisses gave one another a sensual shiver.

As the passion got more intense, the oxygen they needed intensified as well. __________ practically had to push Donghae for him to finally get the idea that he made her breathless…for the nth time.

“Sorry, was I too much?” There he goes again, from being y one minute to being cute and innocent the next.

“This love can be the death of me and you know what? I will die happily.”__________ said before putting her hands on the collar of his shirt and pulled him down again for another sizzling kiss.

 


I wanted to post this before I left for my mini birthday trip/vacation but I wasn't really satisfied so I couldn't update and only had the time and right mindset now. (came back yesterday)

I still feel like this lacks a lot -_- 

Anyway, I hope you all still enjoyed it. I will be marking the story complete for now but there's still a possibility that I post an epilogue to satisfy all of us :)

I will also be posting my new Donghae story very soon so I hope you look forward to that.  I also have other stories that may interest you :)

 

 THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ! Thank you for all the love & support! I can't begin to explain how grateful I am to have each and every one of you. I really appreciate all the feedback and compliments! ♥♥♥ Much love to you all

Feel free to tweet or talk me: nisrandom or nloveskpop || You can also message me on Kakaotalk if you have ^_^

Infinite X's & O's,

Nadine 

 P.S

IMAGE/POSTER TEASER MADE BY fishyfangirl:

Awesome, right? These are just a few of the ones she made. Makes me more excited to post the story ASAP!