White Day

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

Byul ft. 10cm's Kwon Jung Yeol  - 귀여워 (So Cute)

 


 

Donghae was in the middle of driving towards the park when _________ started questioning him again regarding his gift.

Oh she pestered him every chance she got…or well every time she remembered that she needed to figure Donghae’s odd gift out. She needed him to give in or get fed up so he’d finally crack and satisfy her curiosity.

“Are the keys for a new car?” ________ asked hopefully as she eyed the keychain on her palm.

Donghae laughed as he looked at his girlfriend for a second before looking back on the road “Keep on dreaming baby.”

“Hey that’s a reasonably valid guess, have you already forgotten that you scratched my van last month?” She reminded him of his little mishap.

“I accidentally scratched Siwon’s car too before but he loves me and he let it go. Don’t tell me Siwon loves me more than you do? Will you keep a grudge on that and hold on to that incident forever?” Donghae recalled that time that he was trying to park his car right next to Siwon despite the tight space, he underestimated the close proximity and in his words ‘slightly’ scratched Siwon’s car. Siwon’s reaction? He went out of his car and took a photo before tweeting it. And that’s what Donghae accidentally repeated with _________’s van. What are the chances that he’d do it again, right?

“Well your playful love and clinginess damages vehicles.” She mumbled.

“Yah what did you say?” Donghae asked as he stretched his hand out to ruffle his girlfriend’s hair. She whined as she swatted his hand away and fixed her hair

“How about a house? A new apartment?”

“A place of your own? No way. Why would I still want you to live alone when I’m here with you already?” He somewhat twisted his and her words so that he’s technically not lying.

“Oh…wait.” _________ shifted in her seat to look at Donghae earnestly. Donghae thought she already figured it out, maybe he gave a big hint from his last reply.

‘Wow, so the surprise ends here? Way to go Donghae.’

“Why do I have a feeling that I shouldn’t be thinking too hard? Yeah, maybe I should stoop down to your level. I should channel Lee Donghae’s mind. I should think like you.” _________ voiced out her as she recalled some of Donghae’s mischievous ways, based from her experiences he would start with serious statements but then it would eventually end up being overly romantic and corny.

“Hey, what do you mean my level? That can offend me you know.” He poked her sides playfully in which made her laugh.

“Don’t tell me it’s the key to the lock of your heart?” She sniggered at the possibility…that would be so Donghae though.

Donghae laughed and scrunched his nose cutely before saying “Oh babe even I find that too cheesy. Besides if I say that then you might actually try to impale that key to my chest when you get mad.”

“Awww…oppa you really know me.” She sarcastically answered back as she affectionately pinched his cheek that was facing her.

“What if I die before the year is up? Then I will never know what it’s all about. My spirit will -”

“Hey, what did I say before?! No talking about death.” Donghae firmly told _______ with a sharp tone, he looked visibly upset as he cut her off.

“Oh…oppa, I’m sorry.” _________ quickly apologized as she understood the reason why Donghae reacted that way. She mentally scolded herself for being so careless with her words, now she felt bad and sad for her boyfriend.

_________ sank back to her seat and just looked out on the window. The silence was starting to become uncomfortable and _________ was desperate to lighten things up, she just wasn’t sure how since it is her fault.

Donghae took in a deep breath and let it out slowly before reaching out for _________’s hand, that gesture was enough to assure her that they’re going to be okay soon but both still remained quiet and focused on the road.

 

The couple finally arrived at the park they chose to plant their time capsule at wherein they will put sunflower seeds over it. They plan to go back once the sunflower has bloomed taking into consideration the symbol of the flower and also its uniqueness and distinct color, meaning they will easily find it again.

They wouldn’t put anything expensive or fancy to the make-shift time capsule, they settled on simple yet sweet love letters.

The art of the handwritten love letters is something that the two clearly appreciate. Nothing beats a carefully thought out heartfelt messages and the effort one would pour to write with an elegant, legible handwriting.

The two decided to write a letter for each other as well as a letter to their ‘future’ selves.

They actually couldn’t wait to read each other’s love letter.

 

“So if our calculation is correct then the sunflower should bloom this summer, maybe after five months?” _________ told Donghae after he got his mini shovel out of the bag to start digging up a hole.

“Awww…Donghae oppa, look at that puppy!” _________ pointed towards the cute puppy that was also digging the soil not too far from them.

“Maybe it’s helping us or imitating you.” _________ added as she wiped Dongahe’s forehead from the sweat that he earned from his ‘hard labor’.

“Is it lost? But I don’t see a collar.” Donghae stopped what he was doing to observe the dog that caught their attention. The puppy already got bored from digging and walked towards the young couple staring at him fondly. “We should stay a bit longer, if it’s really lost then maybe the owner will show up.”

“Oppa if no one shows up then can we keep it?” _________ asked Donghae cutely, absorbing the cuteness that the puppy was showing.

“Sure, why not? It can be our baby.” Donghae easily agreed to her request since he also loved pets.

“Can I teach this precious one to bite you when you do something wrong?”

“Can I do the same?” Donghae teased back.

“But I’m the mommy. Fine, you, my little cutie pie can me to death if I ever do something wrong to your appa.” _________ lifted the puppy to finally confirm its gender. “Oh it’s a female! Maybe if I let her sniff the key you gave me then she can find out what it is and lead me there.”

Donghae chuckled but then took a second to think about it…it is possible since dogs can be trained to detect stuff? The thought actually kind of irked Donghae but then he knew that dog can’t be too smart, right?

 

In the end Donghae and _______ compromised about revealing the meaning behind his gift, Donghae decided to cut down the time period from a year to just half a year or once they come back for their sunflower time capsule.

 

After successfully planting their time capsule and their flower seeds, the two, along with the puppy, went to the picnic table that was just a few steps away.

Even though Donghae gave his lady flowers during Valentines day, he still planned to give her some goodies for White Day it is the true ‘love holiday’ wherein guys should repay their girls with gifts of sweets. Donghae stuffed a basket filled with candies, cupcakes and cookies he baked himself.

“I see you really took those cooking classes for your drama to heart.” __________ was very pleased and happy with Donghae’s creations.

“I knew they would be useful one day. Although I did get some help.” Donghae admitted and took a bite from the cupcake ________ was feeding him. The flavors exploded with deliciousness that delivered a party in their taste buds and satisfied their stomachs.

 


I'm glad a lot of you liked my mini Twitter-Donghae tweet edit ^_^ 

I hope you enjoy this sweet chapter 

For those interested to see a few photos/videos from teh 2PM concert you can check out my photo blog: http://nlovesphotography.tumblr.com/