Chances. Confusion. Conflict.

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

B2ST - Midnight (short ver) 


“What’s this?” ________ asked to no one in particular after she noticed that a white envelope was waiting for her on top of one of the speakers in the practice room.

“The guard said that came in the mail for you.” Yoonji answered her question and continued to warm up for their dance practice.

________ sat down on the floor and opened the envelope that she unexpectedly got.

Her eyes almost popped out when she read the header of the letter and let her eyes scan what was written on the paper. She scrambled to get up and walked out of the room, wanting to read the surprising letter properly in private so she could try to come up with the answers corresponding to the questions popping up in her mind regarding how this happened.

 

“UGH!” ________ stumbled backwards due to the collision with another person. She felt a hand go behind her waist to support her body and brought her back up to steady her on her feet.

She looked at the guy in front of her and it turned out to be no other than Nichkhun. Wasn’t it such a perfect timing?

“_________! I’ve been looking everywhere for you. Look, I’m so so sorry for flaking out on you just like that the other night. I was just so busy and stressed these past few days, I didn’t even get more than three hours of sleep for a week. I felt so bad after I realized what I did.” Nichkhun was quick to apologize to _________.

Since she didn’t want to re-tell nor want to recall the turn of events of that night, _________ immediately told Nichkhun that she understood his situation and that she forgave him.

“What’s that?” Nichkhun eyed the envelope that _________ had in her hands. She knew that lying wouldn’t do her any good so she just told him the truth about the letter.

“I have an offer from another music agency.” She honestly informed him.

“Wow…really? From which company?”

“Fluxus Music. I don’t even know how they got a hold of me but based on this letter they said that they were impressed with my videos. You know…I really like most of their artists, I looked up to their talents and they became an inspiration for me to seriously start and try out singing in Hongdae and then now they know me? I just can’t believe it.” _________ praised the entertainment company as if it was her dream come true to be actually recognized and scouted by that particular agency. If her friend didn’t force her to audition for AFF, she would have definitely tried out for Fluxus.

“Well…are you moving?” Nichkhun’s brows furrowed as he asked with worry.

_________ bit her lower lip and looked down at the envelope before looking back at him. “I honestly don’t know. I mean, can I still? I’ve already signed in on AFF and I’ve already done a lot here. I won’t deny that I feel like Fluxus really fits my style more and maybe they’d be able to cater to my original musical dream but I also can’t say that being here didn’t help me. I’ve grown and learned a lot here even after just a short amount of time. I already feel attached to a number of people here, including you. I just…never in a million years did I think that companies would actually want me to represent them, that I would get these once in a lifetime opportunities. And now I feel like things are really falling into place but there’s still some conflict and confusion. How about you? What do you think?”

“Do you want me to be honest or do you want me to be brutally honest? Like from a professional point of view or a personal one?” Nichkhun contemplated on how to respond to her.

“Uhm…can I hear both?”

“Professionally, I think you’re right, Fluxus would give you more creative control on the music you want to put out, your original preferred genre fits them, you seriously match.” Nichkhun paused to let out a sigh before tackling another point. “But personally…I want to stop you and beg you to stay. First of all, you know my true feelings, right? I don’t know if you have considered me at all but I promise to make this worth your while. I can watch over you here and guide you. Of course even if you move I will continue to support you because you are undeniably great but I’d like it more if you would stay…so I can be with you more. Secondly, what about the girls? You know the only reason they’re getting to speed up their debut is because you completed them, you were the missing piece. Their careers will be put on hold again if you leave. They believe in you ________, they need you, we all do. And lastly, would you also want to go through the trouble and stress of going to court and handling all those paper-works just so AFF will let you go?” 

His opinion was logical. She did agree that the legality of her contract could again cause her big trouble and halt her dream career, but little did she know that a certain someone already figured things out for her.

“But you know you’ll always have the last say. If you feel that your dreams will only come true by moving to another company then by all means, follow your heart if it’s what your mind tells you too. I just hope AFF be able to do something about Ceci so they won’t be too affected if you leave. I’ll also do my best to still try to court you despite being far away from each other. They say that things always happen for a reason, right?”

Upon being reminded that there are a lot of things and people involved, _________ got more confused. She didn’t want to be selfish, she did not want to let people down. She’s already started on this journey and she’s probably halfway there too so…why not just stay on this road? It’s not that she is settling for a lower standard but she is compromising with fate…it is what it is.

She was convinced to stay because everything Nichkhun said makes sense...although at the back of her mind there was that little voice that doubted him. She felt that he did a bit of reverse psychology on her but she wanted to believe that that wasn’t the case. He only has good intentions, doesn’t he?

 

For now it seemed clear to her.

“I think you’re right. I think it’s best that I stay and continue here. I also don’t want to let the girls down, we already started working together and I don’t want the time and effort to go to waste. You all helped me so much and I want to prove how grateful I am.”

Nichkhun hugged _________ tight and kissed her forehead. He repeatedly thanked her and promised to try to make things work to the best of their advantage, that he will do anything that he could do to not make her regret her choice.

‘Did I really make the right decision?’ She couldn’t help but second-guess herself in just a matter of minutes.

Before getting too lost in their own world, the two snapped their heads to the same direction as a loud sound ruined their moment.

“What was that?” ________ asked curiously.

“It sounded like something broke.” Nichkhun answered back before going towards the direction where the sound seemed to have come from.

The two rounded the corner and looked down on the ground, seeing what the cause of the sudden sound was. They saw that the mirror that used to hang on the wall was now on the floor broken, shattered glasses from it were on the ground and a somewhat familiar looking yet ruined headset could be seen with the pieces.

“I wonder what happened here?”

Was it an accident or did someone just throw a tantrum?

 

Meanwhile, on the other side of the story…

 

Donghae quickly tapped on his smartphone and sent a massage to one of the people he trusts the most.

 

Important!!

Dinner tonight.

Please don't say No.

I need you

 


 

It's almost the 15th, Happy Birthday to Donghae!! Although he doesn't make much of an apperance in this chapter, I promise that he will be in the next chapter ;) 

Brain hasn't been functioning that 'properly' with writing my stories so I've been stuck in connecting the dots in all of my stories. Hopefully I get over this slump soon. 

Hope you all had a lovely weekend! ^_^  ♥

Remember I'm just a tweet or message away ;)