True Colors -Part II-

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

Don't Go - Donghae


Donghae looked for ________ right after his unexpected yet wonderful encounter with her parents. He asked the ones who he thought may have seen her walking around the premises, fortunately he didn’t have to search for too long since a few of them said that they saw her waiting for Nichkhun in front of the practice room he frequented, the same one that she goes to when she trains with Nichkhun.

Even though jealousy started to creep up on him with the mention of Nichkhun’s name in the same sentence that had ________’s name, Donghae carried on with a calm exterior…but that didn’t last too long.  

 

He quickly found the two talking seriously to each other in an empty hallway. He didn’t barge in right and tried to eavesdrop first since he was curious as to why they had those somber expressions.

“I won’t say anything to anyone but let’s end whatever relationship we have, whether professional or personal.” He only heard parts of ________’s last statement and then saw how she tried to move past Nichkhun when he did the unthinkable of forcing himself on _________. Donghae first froze on where he was standing before an unwelcome feeling of wrath took over.

He just lost respect for one of the guys who he considered as a good close friend, a brother even. Nichkhun’s unprecedented action made him see a whole new side to the guy, a part of him that he didn’t know he’d be capable of doing. He even entrusted _________ over to Nichkhun at one point, he once depended on Nichkhun to take care of _________, to protect her from guys who wanted to take advantage of her yet he does the same offensive act towards her, seeing him stoop so low made Donghae feel a range of negative emotions.

To say that Donghae was enraged would be an understatement.

 

With quick yet heavy steps, an angry Donghae stormed towards Nichkhun and shoved him away from ________ before he connected his hard fist with the side of Nickhun’s face for a powerful punch, wanting nothing but to let him feel a great amount pain, hoping that the physical injury would suffice for the trauma he might have given _________.

“What the hell Nichkhun?! How dare you mistreat and manhandle her! You think you’re some badass huh?! Then show me that demon you’ve been hiding. Get up! Fight me like a man because you seriously tempt me to beat you down.” Donghae roared and watched how Nichkhun tried to alleviate the pain from his jaw. Nichkhun glared at Donghae yet looked like he had no plans of fighting back.

_________ had a fazed look on her face as she watched the scene in front of her. She didn’t know what to feel…would she be embarrassed that Donghae saw her in that state? Relieved that he saved her from the situation she was in? Or be worried that he used violence in defending her?

“Stop. Please.” She said weakly, she wasn’t even able to formulate a complete sentence. She could hardly hold back her tears as she just wished for everything to stop.

“________ I’m really sorry.” Nichkhun just focused on _________, he apologized and  tried to gain sympathy from her but Donghae interrupted him.

“Don’t you dare come close to her again! I’m not kidding when I tell you that I will have no problem in reporting you. I will deal with you and I won’t care whether I damage your image or even mine.” He seethed as he looked down on him with disdain.

Donghae then grabbed _________ by the wrist and dragged her away from Nichkhun. He led her to the emergency staircase and walked up level by level until they ended at the rooftop.

 

_________ hissed as she felt the pain radiate around her wrist due to Donghae’s tight grip plus the fact that her feet had to keep up with his pace.

“You’re hurting me!” And she meant those words in more ways than one.

Her voice made Donghae stop in his tracks, he let go of ________ and looked at her with an indescribable look of concern mixed with frustration. He didn’t say anything first and just stared at her as if he was studying her.

“Maybe you were too rough on him back there.” __________ mumbled to break the uncomfortable silence. She couldn’t help but think if Nichkhun was still down and hurt because of Donghae.

“My God! Are you too kind or just plain stupid?!” He retorted, baffled by her worry for the guy who just had her pinned against the wall and was kissing her despite her protest. “How many more people do you need to treat you badly before you open your eyes to reality?!”

“I’m still not leaving.” She stated, as if she already knew that Donghae would urge her to leave the company for the nth time.

“You are the most foolish, dumbest smart girl I have met. You are such a stubborn person and it’s making me go mad!” Donghae blurted.

“I’m not working for the instant fame. I’m not going to break because of Nichkhun and because of you. I’m working for me, because of the girls, my parents and for the people who believe and support me and that’s final.” She spoke her mind even if her voice shook

“My God you’re seriously driving me crazy!” His frustration showed as he ran both his hands through his hair.

“What do you want from me?! What do you want to hear?! Why do I even affect you so much, huh? Just do us both a favor and stop involving yourself in my life, in my decisions. I don’t even understand you, if you hate me so much then why do you keep interfering?” She voiced out her questions that were filled with agony.

“Because!” Donghae couldn’t continue or even begin to explain…he still haven’t figured out the right words to use to answer her questions, his heart and mind fought to describe how she makes him feel.

“Because what?! You tell me I drive you crazy yet you don’t know what you do to me. You were so mad at Nichkhun just now but do you honestly think you’re far better than him?”

“Do not compare me to him!” He hissed at her.

“Then answer me! Stop confusing the hell out of me!” She cried out, everything just kept piling up and she didn’t want to handle with anymore issues and stress.

Donghae turned around and let out rough sigh as he looked up at the sky. He interlaced his hands and rested them on his nape before lowering his head, why couldn’t he just answer to her demands? It’s pretty obvious that he couldn’t practice what he preached.

_________ waited for Donghae to answer back, to say anything, but it seemed like he had no intentions to reply when what she didn’t know is that he just couldn’t find a way to express himself. He couldn’t say sorry, he couldn’t say why, he just couldn’t let himself put his guard down…he just couldn’t say anything or confess, at least not yet.

_________ let out a trembling sigh and figured that she couldn’t wait for something that wasn’t going to happen. Maybe she had enough of Donghae and his flustering ways.

“Just stop making our lives so damn complicated and dramatic. I’m giving up on you and on what we had, whatever you want to call our relationship. Let’s just continue with your way of ignoring and avoiding me, let’s pretend that we don’t know each other because this is just too damn tiring for me.” She tearfully said with her quivering voice giving her emotions away. Did she really just cut two people out her of life?

 

Donghae didn’t turn to look at _________ even as she made her way to leave the rooftop. What she didn’t know and what he didn’t want her to see was that his eyes were also welling up while he contemplated and argued with himself.

Dognhae clutched his aching chest and shouted out loud due to his frustrations.

He was angry at Nichkhun, burdened with ________, but most of all, he was dismayed with himself. Now he was starting to compare himself to Nickhun…who really is the one messing up with _________ more badly?

‘But if that’s what she wants, then that’s what she will get. She doesn’t know my real intentions so let me continue to play the bad guy. That's right, no one is on my side because no one knows. That’s okay, this will probably make my plan work better,  but will it also lessen the pain? Lee Donghae, you have such a funny and idiotic way in expressing your true emotions so why can’t you give her some slack if you can’t even come clean. Good job, Boa and her parents will be so proud.’ He sarcastically scolded himself.

 

Talk about confusion and heartbreak at its finest.

 

 


 

Due to popular demand / request, here’s a quick update ;) Hope this continuation satisfied a lot of you.

And if those scenes weren’t big enough, wait ‘til you read the next chapter…there’s going to be something explosive for the next update, a big change maybe? ;)