Don't Want What You Can't Have

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

 

Please Don't - Donghae or Mr. Simple Ballad Version/Remix


The stress, excessive diet, rigorous dance routines and all the exercises (that) challenged _______ mentally, physically and emotionally finally got to her causing her to faint because of fatigue. In all of her years as an indie singer, this was the first time that she had passed out because of overworking.

 

________ woke up after a few hours of being admitted in the hospital. Her eyes fluttered open and as soon as she became conscious, a soft voice greeted her.  ________ waited for her eyes to adjust to the light before focusing on the guy that was sitting near her bed.

“How do you feel?” Nichkhun asked as he stood beside ________ and helped her sit up.

“Still a bit dizzy but I feel much better than how I remembered I last felt. How did I end up here anyway?” ________ asked, not remembering what happened earlier and suddenly waking up in a hospital.

“We brought you here as soon as you lost consciousness in the practice room. You’re getting an IV treatment for suffering from excessive fatigue. It’s the usual thing that attacks us hardworking artists so it just means you’re exerting one-hundred percent of your whole-being in training which is a very good thing. A big sign that you’re not taking it for granted.” Nichkhun comforted ________, trying to make her smile despite knowing she’s ill.

“I do kind of remember hitting the floor with my head. Who carried me though?” _________ curiously questioned again. She’s never fainted before so now she feels bashful that she had troubled others in carrying her and rushing her to the nearest hospital.

Nichkhun hesitated and didn’t respond quick enough but when he did reply, he claimed that he was the one who lifted ________ off the ground and towards the closest accessible car which made ________ thank him whole-heartedly...her respect and gratefulness for him increased a whole lot.

“Thank you for taking care of me.”

“Well…I can’t take all the credit since you are in a hospital where people pay nurses and doctors to look after you but I have been here from the start and I plan to finish serving one of my favorite trainees.” Nichkhun chuckled after saying that which made ________ react the same and blush at the same time.

After their chat, Nichkhun called ________’s manager to update them about her status. Because of the lateness of the hour, ________’s group mates couldn’t visit her even after finding out that she woke up but they did promise to be the ones to pick her up when she gets discharged.

Eventually, Nichkhun also had to leave ________ to meet his manager’s curfew. _________ couldn't thank him enough for taking time to accompany her and for everything that he did for her.

 

 

The light that came from the hallway when the nurse opened the door slightly woke ________ up. She heard the sound of footsteps walk closer to her bed and she thought that the nurse is there to probably just check on her stats and IV. ________ squinted and slowly opened her eyes, she wanted to request for a cup of drink but she was a bit too late and the nurse was already on her way out of the room.

________ saw and heard the nurse talk to someone right outside the door before she could even try to call her attention.

“She’s sleeping sir.” _______ overheard the nurse tell someone in the hallway.

“Are you absolutely sure? Your job depends on the certainty of your answer.” The guy asked and the nurse nodded to confirm so trusting her word for it, he finally went inside the room.

By this time _______ closed her eyes again and pretended to be asleep, hoping the mysterious figure didn’t see her peek so that he won’t escape, she became severely inquisitive as to who’s her unexpected visitor late at night. Why did that person ask for help from the nurse to make sure she was unaware of her surroundings? Did he really want to keep his identity a secret?

 

A pensive Donghae tried to approach ________ as quietly as he could. He immediately left the scene hours ago after carrying ________ to the car and just stayed long enough to watch her get admitted in the hospital.

He purposely chose to walk in the hospital late at night to visit her without anyone knowing that he would be there.

Although he already found out from the nurse earlier that _______ was responding well to the medicine and with the help of her much needed rest, he still had to see for himself. Donghae gently placed his palm on ________’s forehead and was relieved that her body temperature has cooled down, compared to when he touched her earlier. ‘Good thing she recovers fast.’

Donghae sighed as he continued to examine ________’s state. He felt guilty that he didn’t even notice that she was sick yet he continued to make her feel worse and provoked her with his offensive words and actions.

“This is exactly why I was against the idea of you debuting in a girl group. I told you that you were not cut out for this. I envisioned you to be something else. I don’t know if you are truly accepting, absorbing and genuinely enjoying this road you chose…or well the path they forced you to choose now but I know you can do so much better _________. You don’t need to have an alter ego on stage because all you need is to show your true self. What will I do with you now _______? If only you know why I’m making your situation my business then we wouldn’t be fighting so much and instead we’d be working things out, solving how to achieve your original dream. I’m sorry you got hurt. I hope this is the first and last time I’d have to see you in the hospital because of this line of work.” To say that Donghae’s intentions are good would be an understatement, but the way he tried to execute it was far from showing its righteousness.

 

Donghae didn’t stay too long since he just wanted to drop by to simply check on ________ because he didn’t ask around about her status, he didn’t want to show others his interest. He left exactly as he came in, quietly, as if he was never there.

 

 

If only Donghae stayed and stared at ______ for a minute longer, then he would have seen the droplet of tears that escaped from ________’s eyes. ‘I was whoever you wanted me to be, whomever you could imagine me to be until they changed me.’

 

________ couldn’t sleep even after Donghae left. His words confused her and her mind got riled up with different thoughts.

What were his true intentions?

Was his mean act just a front?

Why couldn’t he just be honest and come clean?

Why doesn’t he want her to find out that he’s actually there to back her up?

Is he committed in continuing to push her away or closer to her dream?

 

‘Lee Donghae, who are you really?’ 

 

 


 

 

Ooohhh...turning-point? One of the big updates ;)

This and other future chapters will make you think twice about the characters and their true attitude ;)

Not everyone is who they appear to be 

Now let me ask you, still mad at Hae? ;) Would love hear your responses

 

~Comment Replies~

fishyfangirl: Will this chapter be a turning point for Donghae? ;) Now you get to read what's truly on his mind and somehow answers the why's

Khun is continuing to be on her good side.

JustWinter: I do plan to have a lot of intense scenes so I hope the intense - exciting feeling stays with you ;)

Here's one of the big updates :)

eunhaecupcake: Happy to see you're back! ^_^ Missed seeing your comments :)

Yeah, just a 'little' exhaustion sent her to the hospital.

ColaSmackles: LOL grumpy old fish! Yeah it's not his place to lecture her, right? BUT now you know why he's been acting that way ;)

 

Yeah, Nichkhun will be more vocal with his thoughts and feelings now ;)

This update also answers your questions :) lol you're annoyed at Hae in the beginning but in the end you spazz over him.haha Can't blame you though

anj_yesung: Donghae ruins the day first before saving her ^_^ Protective fishy ;)  Hahaha Cute!! And for that na nahawa ka another YAY for you! LOL

parkjiyeon: I'm glad to hear that it's getting more and more exciting for you! ^_^ Hope you enjoy this update.