Re-start of drama

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

Kim Jong Kook - Men Are All Like That


 

 

“We are happy together, aren’t we?” Boa asked Donghae as the two sat on the edge of the big stage while watching the crew move around the hall, finalizing all the lights and props for their special performance.

“Do you even have to ask? Of course we are. I am happy with you.” Donghae answered with no hesitation as he held Boa’s hand tightly.

“What about me? Do you think we can be happier?” A voice came from behind the two making them turn around and look. Donghae wasn’t able to reply, the question and the girl that asked caught him off guard, his mind and heart suddenly went on overdrive, truly confused and speechless. His hold on Boa loosened as he shifted his gaze between the two girls.

Donghae opened his eyes in an instant after having that bewildering dream. It was just a random, odd dream…right? It wasn’t like his subconscious was telling him something, was it?

Donghae shook his head and decided not to put any meaning behind that dream.

 

 

_________ walked into the practice room earlier than the set time since she finished her previous appointment faster than expected.

“Oh you’re here.” Changmin acknowledged her presence, pausing his conversation with the person that had his back on _________. Donghae turned around and just like in his dream, it was ________ who was standing just a few steps behind him.

“Hold on Donghae, I’ll just go get something. You two stay put and wait for me here.” Changmin slyly excused himself and left the two people in an awkward atmosphere. He knows they need to talk.

“Good afternoon.” _________ hesitantly greeted Donghae with a bow. Now is the chance to see if Donghae would act differently towards her again.

And true enough, Donghae responded with a slight bow to respond to her. He figured that he would just talk to Changmin again later, he didn’t want to spend another minute being in the same room with the person that has been complicating his feelings.

Donghae was about to walk past _________ when she spoke up again.

“Are you okay?” ________ didn’t let the chance slip to confront Donghae but he didn’t answer back nor move to face her.

“Are we okay?” ________ asked again with a different approach, this time Donghae turned around but his face was expressionless yet his eyes were expressing something she couldn’t comprehend. Now she really could tell that Donghae was being cold towards her again and she was concerned as to why they are back in that love-hate stage. She thought that they were over that already.

“What’s wrong?” It looked like _________ just won’t stop with the persistent questions and she did plan to show determination in getting answers from the guy who, in her opinion, was toying with her. He was distressing her, couldn’t he just be the one to de-stress her?

“You tell me.” Donghae finally uttered, although neither those words nor his tone was something that _________ expected. She suddenly felt intimated and so small in front of him.

“Uhm…Look, I don’t know what happened to you or if something went wrong between us and why you’re mad but –”

Donghae cut her off with a mocking laugh. “For once you’re right and I whole-heartedly agree with you, you do not know a lot of things in life.” His straightforward and rudeness threw her off.

“What was that supposed to mean??” She answered back, less timidly and with more authority in her voice. Maybe a different approach would get Donghae to crack and finally answer the questions that’s been bothering her.

“I guess that’s something that you have to figure out on your own…that’s if you can handle thinking that deep.”

“Can you just please stop being so unfair to me!” She snapped as her emotions got the best of her.

“How am I being unfair?? Please do enlighten me.” Donghae used a sarcastic tone in the end but honestly he didn’t think that he was being unfair to her. In his mind, he’s probably the only one seriously looked after her.

“You single me out all the time! I’m the only one you treat this way. You can’t simply be nice to me just when you feel like it and then make me feel so low the next second. What the hell did I do to deserve this from you?  Why do you hate me so much? I thought we…we were doing better.” She had enough of his mind games because it seems like he keeps on testing her by pushing on her buttons and has been pulling her heartstrings.

When _________ was younger she thought that a little drama, a bit of bickering with a guy was fine and fun, it means they exert energy and take time and effort just for you, right? The more teens tease and say they ‘hate’ each other means the opposite, right? Well it’s true what they say, it’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

Donghae scoffed before walking closer to _________. For every step that he took closer, she took a step back and kept retreating until her back met the door. He didn’t stop until their faces were up close, he looked down on her lips, which was now just two inches away from his, then looked back up at her eyes with an intense gaze. “Don’t mistake or confuse our closeness for something else.” The close proximity made ________ feel his breath.

“Then please talk to me. Tell me what’s going on.” She sounded like she was begging him, her eyes bore into his.

“Just leave me alone and accept the other offer!” Donghae slightly raised his voice in the heat of the moment and unconsciously slipped the information he knew.

“How…how did you know?” Another question added to the countless ones she already have, another issue to add to the burden. She was sure that she didn’t tell anyone else besides Nichkhun about Fluxus’ offer so now she’s dead curious as to how Donghae found out…’unless he had something to do with it’.

“Did you –” _________ wasn’t even finished when Donghae opened the door next to her body and stormed off to avoid facing her questions any longer.

 

 

Donghae continued to get lost in his own thoughts while still walking further and further away from _________. He did not notice that someone was following him until he felt a smack on the back of his head.

“OW!” Donghae turned around to see who hit him.

“What was that for?!” Donghae asked irritatingly to Boa who just looked at him with a glare.

“That’s for _______.” She exclaimed. Actually, Boa was walking around the hallways earlier looking for her manager when she accidently stumbled in front of the room where Donghae and _________ had a heated argument. She overheard the latter half of their conversation which made her feel very frustrated and exasperated with Donghae’s actions and the words he used to purposely offend ________. Boa saw from the small window of the room how upset _________ became.

Acting like a fairy godmother, Boa took it upon herself to knock some hard sense into Donghae.

“What do you think are you doing with __________’s feelings and your very own emotions? I thought we’ve already talked about this.” She confronted Donghae frankly.

“No, what we talked about was fixing what’s between us.” Donghae argued back.

Boa hit him again but on the stomach this time. His act of ‘push and pull’ did not amuse her.

“Stop being immature Donghae. Don’t do anything you’ll regret.” She lectured him as if he was still a little kid, although he is acting childish.

“Don’t you regret what happened between us?”

“Donghae…” Boa expressed in a weak, almost pleading tone. “Nothing bad happened between us. Please...make this right Donghae. Don’t be so reckless, I don’t want you to be unhappy.”

“I already am.” Donghae replied back after sighing, his eyes reflecting his inner feelings…the conflict that he has within himself.

“Stop being so hard on yourself with things us mere humans have no control of. I hate seeing you like this, the Donghae I know isn’t like this.”

 


 

There will be more drama in store for our protagonist, not only because of Donghae but because of Nichkhun. Care to take a guess what it could be about? ;)

 

Currently: spazzing while looking at BIC4 + I AM gif / photos.

 

Oh and do I have Thai readers in this story? I know I’ve talked to some Thai subbies before but now sure if they’re also subbed in this story.

I’ll be going to Bangkok at the end of the month…a few days after SM Town concert *insert Unlucky Brian meme*.haha I hope some of the SM artists would stay longer so I could try to spot them with my friend.lol :)

Anyway, maybe there’s a chance that I’d be able to meet some of you?