Mic checks and overlays

43VER The FLAW

"Thank god we're here!” Lee exclaimed. Maya giggled and signaled the door man to open both the big doors. They both grinned and did an ollie into the building.

“Well. At least we're on the first floor today!” Maya laughed turning a corner and stopping her skateboard outside their recording room door. They both kicked their skateboards into their hands and Maya gulped as she opened the door. “Prepare for hell” She whispered to Lee as she stepped into the door to be greeted with their two managers. Mr and Mrs Tsuki glared at them with an intensity worse than that of their own parents. Hye Mi had replaced her normal sweet and loving smile for a cold menacing glare. Her husband, Akki Ho, had also replaced his normal smile for something cold, a piercing scowl. Lee and Maya gulped glancing at each other and then running directly into the recording booth. Maya picked up a bass and tossed Lee the drumsticks. “We best start recording this fast, we have to record the bass, drums, guitar, keyboard and vocals today, we also have to practice dancing while singing, I suggest we start quick to avoid the scolding we might receive from the Tsuki's later.” She whispered putting on the studio head phones and plugging in the bass to the already powered amp. She plucked the g-string. “test.” she spoke into the studio microphone.

“Checked.” Came Hye mi's cold voice. Amaya gulped.

“We're ready to record when you are.” Amaya replied softy.

“We were ready an half hour ago.” Akki Ho flatly stated.

“Start.” Hye mi's voice sounded in their headphones. Maya looked to Lee to start the beat.

Lee nodded. And clicked her drumsticks together, maya waited for her 'one, two, one two three four!' but instead she just started drumming and Maya had to quickly start in on the bass. Mr and Mrs Tsuki smiled on the other side of the sound proof glass, the music on their side played more quietly but it was the exact sound playing from inside the booth as well. Hye mi was grinning and she turned to her husband, “Should we tell them the SM korea agents are going to be here today?”

Akki Ho shook his head, “I don't think so, they play better when they aren't nervous and if they found out it would make them more than nervous and it might screw up their chance to go to Korea like they dreamed,” his gaze turned back to inside the booth where the girls were playing their little broken hearts out. “today, could be the day their dreams and ours come true, we always wanted to be able to go back to Korea and manage from there, with our little house that's waiting” He said with a soft smile. Hye mi's face lit up as she smiled back at him and nodded.

They finished the first overlay of the song and Lee sighed and rubbed her head. “I feel like I'm doing something wrong? Something just doesn't sound right..” she half muttered looking at maya to see if she noticed the difference as well. Maya smiled at her,

“Nawh, it was my fault. I was a little thrown off because you didn't do the 'one two three's' but it's fine, I came in with the bass anyway. And I know it sounds weird, it's because this is just the beat overlay, we still have to add guitar and keyboard next overlay and then do just our voices. And don't worry about the one two three's We can add them in this overlay.” She said smiling. She put down the bass and picked up the guitar. She motioned to Mr and Mrs Tsuki to start the beat track they just recorded. She took a deep breath and placed her fingers on the guitar, gripping her pic and looking at Lee. “One two.. ONE TWO THREE FOUR!” She yelled starting on the second instrumental overlay with the guitar and keyboard. She ginned at Lee to reassure her her keyboard playing was right half way through the song and they both grinned at each other when they finished.

Outside the booth two Korean agents were watching the girls play while questioning the Tsukis.

“They're instrumentalists?” they asked in Korean. Hye Mi laughed, “Not quite, just keep watching and you'll see.” she responded in her own fluent Korean while Akki ho grinned next to her.

“Nice job, girls. Ready to record the vocals?” his voice sounded through the headphones. Both girls gave him a thumbs up as Maya put away the guitar and Lee walked toward the microphones.

“Mic check girls!” Hye Mi's sunny voice rang through their head phones. Maya smiled.

“Check!” she screamed into the microphone grinning as they winced at the loudness of her voice.

“O.K. Amaya's mic works.” Akki Ho said rubbing his ears. Maya giggled. And looked at Lee who grinned. 'doo it' maya mouthed. And Lee suppressed a laugh and took a deep breath.

“I'm y and I know it. Do do do do do do doo do do do do do do doo” She sang laughing at the end. Hye mi raised an eyebrow,

“Well, Aleera's works too.”

The girls grinned at each other and looked at the people outside of the booth to start the track and soon enough Amaya was projecting her angelic voice and pouring out her soul while Aleera did the same. Her own sweet low voice caressing Amaya's in a perfect blend. And in the perfect style to capture the korean agents' attention.