Explanations and Day dreams

43VER The FLAW

After about 15 minutes they reached home, the big house that used to be a condo. The house their parents decided they all might as well share. Maya kicked the skateboard into her hand and opened the door. “We're home!” she yelled into the house placing her board by the door and walking to the living room. “We need to talk!” She yelled again. She made her way to the couch plopped down and kicked off her shoes. “You comin' lee?” she asked looking at the door.

Lee sighed, nodded and walked in. Maya looked at her puzzled and tried to maintain a straight face. Lee was shaking. She was shaking! Her nerves were skyrocketing through the roof with the thought of their parents saying it wasn't their decision. While Maya was the exact opposite. She was confident, for once, and she was going to simply tell them if they don't like it they can it up, because at 18 she's legally an adult and can legally decide for herself. Lee was now seated on the couch opposite from her, she was tense. Very tense. And her gaze turned to Maya.

“Maybe they aren't home yet... I think they're still at work,” she sighed, “I hate waiting. It gets my nerves all screwed up and....ugh!” she half fumed. Her gaze shifted to the clock. 5, already?

Maya let out a giggle. “You're just one bundle of nerves, ain't ya, Leera?” she grinned, “They're home. They got off at 4:30 today. They just need reminding.” Her grin widened, “Maaaaaa! Daaad! Everyone!” She yelled wiggling her nose at the delay of response. And then smiling as they walked into the living room. “Oh good. You're alive. We've got some important news.”

Maya's parents entered the room first, her mother raised her eyebrow and her father shook his head. “It must be really important if you're grinning like that.” Her mother said as she gracefully sat on the couch next to her husband.

Next came Lee's mother who looked at the girls quizzically, her apron still on and a wooden spoon in her hand. “What's so important to take me from my cooking?” she jokingly asked. Lee smiled nervously and pointed at maya.

“She's better at explaining things than me!” she said. Maya shot her the death glare then turned her attention to the parents looking at her.

“Well, it's pretty simple. You all know how we are signed at SM entertainment USA. And you all know how and why we signed there.” She paused and took a deep breath, “Because our dream is to perform in Korea, and sign with them there. Today, we received that choice.” she looked at their parents who were about to interrupt so she cut them off as quick as possible, “We know how you feel about it so we decided that we will wait to sign until our birthday. So there is no arguing the point and we would just like you to know we are leaving. That is all!” she said jumping up, pulling lee up and running into her room. She closed the door shut behind them and let out a huge sigh. Then turned to lee.

“I can't believe you did that!” she growled, “i always have to explain everything!” her growl turned into a laugh, “you know I wont always be able to save your in interviews.”

Lee nodded, “Well. Until then..” She patted Maya's shoulder, “You're explaining everything.” She ginned and plopped onto Maya's bed with a sigh. “I can't believe we're really going to Korea.” She smiled, “who knew it would all come true?” She laid down on the bed reaching her hands above her head looked at the ceiling. “What do you think we'll do first when we get there, Maya?” her head turned to her friend who grinned and flopped onto the bed next to her.

“I dono about you, Lee,” She grinned, “But I'm thinking of going 'sightseeing' and I don't mean the Han river.” She giggled. “but they'll probably take us to sign our contracts first thing, then to the SM apartments where we get to decorate our loft or half a loft or whatever they give us.”

“It would be awesome if we could get a whole loft to ourselves,” she laughed, “now that would be amazing.” she smiled closing her eyes and envisioning “their loft” in her mind, “everything could be stainless steel, and my room could be red, black and white,” her smile parted and she let a sigh escape her lips, “The dream life...” her voice trailed off all soft and dreamy, then she smiled and turned back to Maya. “What do you think it'd look like?”

“Me?” she grinned, “Why, my dearest Lee, I'd say you took the image right out of my mind, stainless steel everywhere.” she looked at lee and raised her arms to the celling making a rectangle with her hands, “Picture this. You walk in to our living room; a two couches, black of course and totally our style, there's also a little black bed-type seat in the corner, black and stainless steel lamp, white carpet, one black and grey rug, a little black coffee table, and of course decorations and a black entertainment system. The back wall is entirely windows, with a beautiful view. You turn a corner and you see our stainless steel, glass, and black dinning set, oh and we aren't on carpet anymore, it simply must be smooth white floors, and if you continue you get to the all stainless steel and white kitchen, oh and like I said before the entire back of the open part of the loft is huge windows so you can see EVERYTHING. Then of course if you walk into the closed rooms of the flat you'll find our dance practice room, the walls are grey and there's black hardwood floors. One of the walls in completely covered in mirrors from ceiling to floor, and of course there is amazing lighting. Then there's another room off to it's self it's completely padded, like a huge bed! And the walls are some type of electronic green screen where you can put whatever you want on it for meditation, and in one of the corners is a floor to ceiling bookcase, with a ladder of course. Our bathrooms are huge, and look like some kind of a spa house, and of course you have your red and black room, and I have my black room with neon paint splattered everywhere and a perfectly white bed.” she looked at Lee and giggled. “What? Too detailed?”

Lee laughed, “No. I just think you're thinking about it too much. Did you have this planed out before or what?” she sighed, sat up, rubbed her head and let out a groan. “Stupid headache.. I wish it would go away..” she mumbled, then she looked at Maya again, “Do you think we'll have to drop out of school after we sign the contract?”

Maya shook her head, “no way. We'll probably just go to the same school the other sm artists do, and we'll be 'home schooled' when on tour.” she grabbed Lee's arm and pulled her down on the bed. “Lets sleep. I know you have a headache and I know you do NOT want to have to walk all the way across the house to get to your room.” Maya crawled under the blankets and motioned for lee to do the same patting the pillows next to her. “come on. Our brains need the rest.”

Lee nodded in response and climbed in bed next to her. Their heads hit the pillows and they were out.