Pants

43VER The FLAW

Maya emerged from the bathroom. She held her phone in one hand and carried a bulging bag of clothes in the other. She had stripped herself of her jeans, shirt and socks and replaced it all with what seemed to be a black and white stripped, short-sleeved dress. Her black studded belt was slung across her hips and various chains hung from the belt. Minho's mouth dropped as he caught sight of her.

“Sunbae, can I put this in your trunk?” Maya raised the bag of clothes. Daehyun's jacket was on top.

“Y-yeah..” Minho stuttered still starring at Maya as she placed the bag in the trunk.

“Maya..” Maya looked up at Minho, “You're not wearing pants...” Maya erupted in laughter.

“That's because you're too tall Sunbae. Your pants wouldn't fit. This is fine.” She shot him a grin, “Looks cute on me right?” Minho blushed and opened the passenger door of the car.

“J-just get in. We need to get that jacket to the cleaners.” Maya got in with a giggle and the radio. They drove to the nearest cleaners in peaceful silence, stealing glances at each other and quietly singing along.

They arrived at a small, but typical, dry-cleaning place. They walked through the door with a ding. Maya placed the jacket on the counter and opened to speak when the phone in her hand started singing. “I'm y and I know it!” Maya turned deep red, slid her phone to answer it and shoved it into Minho's hands. He looked rather flustered but answered her phone nonetheless, while Maya spoke with the dry-cleaner about the jacket.

“Hello?” Minho answered tentatively in english. He had a feeling Lee was on the other side of the line.

“you're not Maya.” Lee's voice came through the receiver and Minho relaxed slightly, “Why are you answering her phone?”

“She's speaking with the Dry-cleaner.”

“Dry-cleaner?”

“Daehyun's jacket was wet.” Minho half growled that fact and Lee giggled on the other side.

“Someone's not happy about that fact.”

Minho opened his mouth for a witty remark when the phone was taken from his hand.

“Yo, chikatae!”

“Chikatae?” Lee giggled again, “That one is new.”

“Psh. You know me.” Maya scoffed, “So what do you need.”

“I'm not calling for me. I'm calling for you.” There was a pause. “Hye mi is on a rampage.”

“A rampage?”

“Yeah, she's grilling Akki as we speak. I figured you needed to be forewarned.”

“It's just Hye mi I'm sur-” Maya was cut off.

“It's not just Hye Mi! It's like a demon has taken over her body! She's crazy right now! Be careful when you get home. No stupid !” There was a click and Maya looked at Minho before bursting into laughter.

“Hye Mi got her very upset.” she flashed Minho one of her brilliant smiles, “The jacket will only take about 20 minutes.”

“Well, maybe we should take that time to buy you some pants.”

“Sunbae! I don't need any pants! This is fine!”

“Again with the sunbae!” Minho's tone was surprisingly testy.

“What's so wrong with being called sunbae?” Maya caught Minho off guard with her tone and he couldn't mumble an answer. “I thought you'd appreciate being called something different from what I call everyone else!”

Minho had no idea what Maya was so angry about. Hell, Maya had no idea what Maya was so angry about, but she was angry nonetheless and wouldn't take anymore of it. She walked up to Minho shoved her hands in his pocket and took out his keys. She walked away in a random, blind fury, while he stood there blushing at the fact that she just shoved her hands into his pocket.

Maya stormed to the car and popped the trunk. She threw Minho's pants out of the bag containing her clothes into the trunk, pulled out the bag, and slammed the trunk shut. She stormed back into the cleaners, shoved Minho's keys back into his pocket. She checked the time on her phone and started to storm out past Minho, who had finally realized what was actually going on. He grabbed her arm and pulled her into a hug.

“Let go.” She growled. Yup. She was still pissed.

“I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you.” She relaxed slightly in his arms before pushing him away again.

“You have no excuse.”

“I don't.”

“At all.”

“Nope.”

“Then why do you get so worked up about it?” Maya was clearly still frustrated, “It's a sign of respect, Minho!” His eyes widened slightly, and his heart beat faster when she called him by his name, “respect!” she threw her hands in the air as his heart beat returned to normal, “I just don't understand why you can't just be happy that I respect you!”

“I am happy you respect me, It's just...” He trailed off.

“Just what?” There was no reply. He couldn't choke out his confession that he didn't want her to respect him, he wanted her to love him. He knew it, but the words wouldn't form on his lips. “Aish!”

“Forget it. I'm sorry.”

“forget it?” Clearly he was not helping his situation. “Forget it?” She ran her hands through her hair.

“Look, I'm sorry.” He pulled her into his embrace once more and her resolve wavered before it totally crashed. She didn't even understand her anger.

“No, sunbae. I'm sorry.” she hugged him back before pulling away, “I don't even know why I'm getting so worked up... It must be the adrenaline or something.”

“The adrenaline?”

“Yeah... from the whole Lee situation...” Maya trailed off and was saved by her singing phone. “Warrior” filled the small store for a total of about one second before maya was speaking into her phone.

“Oppa!”

“Where are you?”

“I'm at the dry cleaners.”

“Why?”

“For your jacket.”

“You didn't have to get it cleaned.”

“Oh, but I did!”

“Oh?” Daehyun's y chuckle filled Maya's ears, “And why is that?” She was beet red, and so was minho. But they weren't red for the same reason whatsoever.

“It got all wet.”

“How?”

“Well, you see.. I had to chase after Lee cause she went AWOL and she was in a fountain, and I forgot that I was wearing your jacket and I kinda sorta tackled her...in the fountain...” His laughter filled her ears once more.

“Wish I coulda seen that.”

Minho was fed up with this conversation by now and had finally devised a plan to make it so south. “Maya, we've still got 10 minutes, we should find you pants.” He said this line a little to loud on purpose.

“Find you pants?” Daehyun wasn't laughing anymore. “Who's that, Maya?”

“It's just my Sunbae! He keeps insisting I wear pants because i'm wearing his t-shirt as a dress because I was soaked when he picked me up!” Maya explained as fast as she could. Minho could almost feel Daehyun's smirk on the other side of Maya's phone line.

“Your sunbae? Which one?”

“Minho.”

“You should tell him not to fret. I'll come pick you up.”

“Oppa, you really don't have to.”

“No but I want to. Are you at the cleaners close to the fountains?”

“The park with all the fountains? Yeah.”

“Well i'll be there in like three minutes, bye.”

“He wants to pick you up?”

“Yeah..”

“Well, I can't let him do that.”

 

Please subscribe and comment! We love feedback. And we love subscribers. ^.^