Elevator rides and phone calls

43VER The FLAW

 

“'ello?” she answered the phone.

“Hello, Dearie. We're outside the building, grab a jacket and get out here.”

“Neh. I'll be out soon.” she heard the click of the phone and turned back to the now silent room.

“Your manager?” Tae asked with a sad smile.

“Neh,” Maya responded grabbing Daehyun's jacket from the rack, “my audition is soon,” She slipped on the jacket and looked up at some glaring boys, “What?”

“Where'd you get that jacket?” Key asked, his tone was flat.

“DaeHyun..” she said looking at them inquisitively.

“You.. Got that from.. a.. guy...?” Kiesop asked clenching his fists.

“Neh..” maya nodded, and slipped her phone in it's pocket, “Lee got one from bang!” She added not wanting them all mad at her.

Lee shot her a glare as the boys' eyes went to the other jacket hanging on the wall.

“I got lee a lesson plan!” Eli jumped in trying to lighten the mood. Her glare switched to him.

“You're teaching me Korean?”

Well I gotta go!” Maya half-yelled as she slipped on her boots without tying them and ran out the door.

“Now you did it.” Minho looked at the boys still glaring at the empty jacket rack. He glared at them all before slipping on his shoes and following her out the door.

He watched as she got half-way down the hall way before stopping and tying her boots.

“Maya!” Minho yelled running down the hall way and catching up to her. She looked up at him mid-way through tying her left shoe.

“Sunbae...” She looked up at him surprised.

“Let me walk you down, You might have fans out there.” He smiled and helped her up. She nodded.

“Neh.. Sunbae..” She nodded her head and they entered the elevator.

They stood in comfortable silence for a few minutes until minho turned to her, he opened his mouth to say something when his phone sounded a siren. He softly smiled and then answered his phone, in korean of course.

“Hello? Neh.. I'm on my way down right now. Neh, I understand it's important. Neh, I will try my best. Neh.” there was a click and minho smiled at Amaya.

“Your manager?”

“Yeah, i've got an audition today too.” He smiled. Maya's eyes widened and she looked up at him.

“Do you.. Think.. maybe it's for the same drama?”

“I hope so..” he smiled down at her, “Cause that would make you my love interest..” he mumbled just quietly enough so she wouldn't hear.

“hm..Sunbae.. did you say something?”

“Ani.”

There was a ding as the elevator doors opened to the lobby. Minho instinctively pulled maya behind him and grabbed her hand. He looked around a little bit before stepping out of the elevator and walking towards the front doors of the building. He saw his manager speaking with Hye mi outside of their cars. He also saw the mob of fans being roped off. He looked back at Maya and let go of her hand. That could cause her more trouble.

He looked at her again with a sigh. She was already causing herself a lot of trouble by wearing that jacket.

“Sunbae.” Her sweet voice pulled her out of his thoughts. “Our managers are waiting. Balli.” She grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the door. He smiled and stepped ahead of her with one of his long strides. He looked down at her and pulled open the door.

“Ladies first.” His gentle words were almost unheard over all the screaming. Maya let out a giggle and minho let out a sigh, “how do they always know when we'll be out.” Maya giggled again.

“Dono, Sunbae.” She made her way towards Hye mi with minho walking behind her.

“Hey, girly.” Hye mi smiled, “Turns out, you guys are going to the same place.”

Maya looked at Hye mi and then to minho with a grin.

“So, I'm going to go make sure Lee studies well, and i'll leave you with Minho's manager until after the auditions,” She looked at maya who nodded, “Afterwords Akki will pick you up for interviews.” maya nodded again. “That Jacket should be an interesting topic..” she raised her eyebrow and then turned to Minho's manager, “Take good care of her.” she looked at Minho as well, “you too.”

They both nodded and Minho placed a hand on Maya's shoulder, “Lets go,” She smiled and slid into the back of the car, Minho did the same, and his manager walked around to the driver seat.

“So, Amaya, did Hye mi tell you anything about the drama?” The manager asked in korean, Minho was about to say something when maya touched his leg and responded in korean as well.

“Ani, I was only told there'd be an audition I figured she'd brief me in the car.”

“ahh.. neh.. guess that makes it my job then.”

“It would be greatly appreciated.”

“This drama revolves around a girl from america, her parents died when she was about 5 and she was adopted to parents in korea, She lived in korea until she was about 9 and was then sent back to america for studies while her father worked on their american branch of his company, she comes back in her 2nd year of high school and it's about how she adapts to life in korea,”

“What's the name..?”

“Alike”

“Who's Minho trying out for?”

“I'm auditioning for one of the main male leads, one of her love interests.” he looked at the wide eyed Maya with a small smile, “you should tie your shoes we're almost there.”