D-day part two

43VER The FLAW

Maya and Lee were spun around in chairs to face the mirrors. They both let out a gasp before looking at themselves closer in the mirror. Maya lightly touched her cheek in awe. Her skin looked flawless, something she contributed to the BB cream. Her eye makeup was stunning. Moderate black eyeliner, light grey smokey eyeshadow, baby blue accented the corners and tips of her eye lids like wings, sparkles covered her entire lid and lightly under her eye, where a few tiny white rhinestones laid. Her makeup artist smiled softly at her.

“It's the “angelic” look. It suits you well.”

“Angelic..” Maya looked at her eyes which were stunningly brighter than usual. She parted her lips, glossed with pale pink, and let out a sigh. “I love it.”

 

Lee touched her flawless looking skin, she also thanked the BB cream. Her eye makeup was striking. Thick black eyeliner encased her lids and blended into the dark smokey eyeshadow that brought out her bright blue eyes. Bright red accented the tips of her eyes slightly, and small black rhinestones laid under her eyes. Her thick blonde lashes were painted black with mascara and framed her eyes. She parted her lips, painted deep red, and looked to her makeup artist.

“This is me?” Her makeup artist chuckled.

“Yes. It's you.”

“Wow...” She turned to look at Maya as Maya turned to look at her. Their breath caught in their throats as they each stared at their gorgeous friend.

“You look flawless,” they both whispered in awe at each other before bursting into giggles.

“Seriously Maya, I don't think i'll ever get used to having such a gorgeous friend,” Lee smiled.

“Yah!” Maya giggled, “That's my line!”

 

The girls both sat still in their makeup chairs while stylists straightened their hair till it was pin straight and silky smooth. Maya tried hard not to giggle as the stylists straightening their hair gushed about the beautiful auburn color of Maya's top layer and the gorgeous color of Lee's natural blonde hair. Lee shot her a strange look. Maya replied by mouthing an “I'll tell you later.” Lee nodded.

 

The stylists finished with their hair and the sound crew came by to fit them with wireless, microphones. One of the stylists started throwing a fit about how the box connected to the microphone ruined the outfit and returned with two different belts to attach the boxes to in a more fashionable manner. Maya was fitted with a pure white belt that matched the majority of her bracelets while Lee was fitted with a black spiked belt to match hers. “Five minutes!” The tech crew yelled in Korean. Maya turned to relay the message to Lee but Lee smiled and shook her head.

“I understood.” Maya shot her a grin, “Surprisingly enough Eli is a pretty good teacher, what were you going to tell me later?”

Maya looked around to make sure the stylists weren't still hanging around and grinned at Lee. “They stylists were gushing about our hair colors, it was just really funny to listen to. They kept talking about how they wished they could have a natural red tint like mine or “pure golden” hair like yours.” Maya giggled and Lee raised her eyebrow.

“Pure golden?”

“their exact words.”

Lee let out a small giggle and grinned at Maya. “It's almost time.. we should take out places.” Maya nodded and the girls made their way to the out stage. Artificial smoke clouded the stage and slowly died down as they took their places. Artificial fog rolled at their ankles.

Their backs were to the audience, lights went up, people screamed and chanted, they were announced and Amaya took a deep breath. “ one, two.. One two three four!” Maya's voice sailed over the crowd. 43VER THE FLAW spun around to face their audience.

They fell into a flawless dance routine as Amaya's clear, high voice continued to soar, “We all dance.. in this endless masquerade! And we all,”

Wear..” Lee's sweet low voice harmonized with Maya's, “Heavy masks made of glass.

“Easy to shatter, easy to fall, easy to break and I can see right through.” Lee's voice continued to cut through the crowd before their voices joined together once again.

So take my hand, Let us dance to the end. The haunting song, piercing voice will reach right through. Shatter the glass, let it fall. We'll make it rain glass masks.”

“For these masks.. only shield the truth.” The crowd was going wild. Maya smiled through her line, “And beneath them,”

Lie..” Lee's voice joined Maya's again, the crowd grew louder, “The bloodshot eyes, tear-stained face, pain and regret,” Lee's voice cried out.

and isn't it sad?” Maya's voice joined hers in perfect harmony before their song dropped into a whisper, “All humans ever do is lie.”

“Still take my hand!” Harmony rang again, “let us dance to the end, the haunting song, our piercing voice, will reach right through, shatter the glass, let it fall, We'll make it rain glass masks.”

The beat dropped and came up with a screech, altering the song with a dubstep feel as the girls ripped their jackets off, threw them into the crowd and started the break down dance.

Look!” the girl's yelled. “Through the glass!” Lee sang, her voice higher than normal.

“See their broken hearts!” Maya sang, her voice becoming low.

Break!” the girls yelled again. “Down your walls...” Maya's voice was once again clear and high as the break down ended, her voice carried through Lee's next line.

“Let them fall..” Her low voice complemented Maya's.

Their voices joined again for the last chorus, “ take my hand, Let us dance to the end. The haunting song, piercing voice will reach right through. Shatter the glass, let it fall. Let's make it rain glass masks.

Their voices echoed as the crowd roared and silver confetti rained down on the stage. The girls looked at each other with a grin before Maya started waving and introducing their next song.

The girls' second song ended and Maya was ready to happily announce the third when Lee grabbed her arm and whispered something in her ear to make her giggle. The crowd erupted into “awws” at the sound of her giggle and she looked at them with a smile. “Aleera just thought I should ask how many Ukiss fans we have out here.” the noise level rose so much the girls couldn't hear themselves think. They both giggled and looked at each other.

“Wow, that many?” Lee spoke in korean, causing Maya to grin.

“Well, you know they're back stage right?” Maya glanced back stage and stuck her tongue out at Kevin and the rest of Ukiss. “They should come dance with us right?”

All the girls could hear was “YES” from all directions.

“Hey, guys come out! Let's do neverland!” Maya grinned and waved the boys onto the stage. Lee and Maya took place in the center of their formation and the music started. Lee flashed maya a grin mid dance. “Told you they'd have the track” She mouthed. Maya suppressed a giggle.

“SHINee next?” she mouthed back. Lee grinned and nodded in response. The track finished and the girls giggled and thanked Ukiss before maya turned back to the crowd.

“So, We also have some more friends you guys might know!” Maya giggled, “Yah! Sunbae! Can you bring everyone out here?” Maya's eyes locked onto Minho's as he led all of SHINee on stage. The crowd roared. “Let's do Lucifer!” Maya yelled, taking a place next to Taemin, who grinned, knowing that she would be doing the same part as him. Lee took a place next to Onew, who grinned before sticking his tongue out at Jonghyun.

The dance finished, bows were taken and the boys dismissed themselves from the stage while Maya cheerfully announced the next song. Eventually they ran out of songs from their album and the concert came to a close.

 

Quick note: the lyrics the girls performed were my own. Thanks for reading! don't forget to subscribe, and check out my other stories along with my Co-writer's first ever solo piece!