The rescue

43VER The FLAW

Maya was definitely not comfortable with Key right now. She was all ready to have a good time shopping with her best friend and her new friend but then her new friend had to shove her into… well, into lingerie. Maya had never had her first kiss, never had a boyfriend, and never even dreamed of wearing something like that let alone showing someone. And to top it off, she was pretty damn sure Key sent a picture to someone. And her suspicions were soon to be confirmed when her phone started singing in her pocket. She stopped in her tracks on the sidewalk in front of the boutique to fish out her phone.

 

After pacing outside the dance studio, he didn’t know how many times, Daehyun finally calmed down and stopped thinking about himself for once. He thought instead about Maya, and how innocent she seemed and how obvious it was that she had had a boyfriend, and how she probably didn’t want that picture to be taken, let alone sent to anyone. He sighed as he looked at his scratched up phone. His fingers slid the phone unlocked and found her name.

 

“Oppa?” Maya answered the phone trying not to sound as shaken as she was. Daehyun’s heart dropped on the other end of the line.

 

“Maya, are you okay?” his voice was calm and concerned. Maya felt like bursting into tears.

 

“I…” She started, faltering, “I…Key sent you the picture didn’t he?” She choked.

Daehyun let out a sigh, his heart breaking for Maya and how scared she sounded. “Yes, where are you? I’ll come pick you up. I know you didn’t want that to happen.”

 

“I… I didn’t know he’d do that.”

 

“I know. Just tell me where you are, babe. I’ll let you drive my motorcycle wherever you want.” He tried to make her smile. It worked.

 

“You have a motorcycle…?” Maya smiled.

 

“Yes, and I’ll let you drive. Just tell me where you are.” Maya nodded on the other side of the line, forgetting he couldn’t see her.

 

“I’ll text you my location.” Maya spoke softly. “Thank you, Oppa.” She whispered before hanging up the phone. She turned tell Key and Lee when they stopped midsentence because both of their phone’s were ringing. They answered them instantly and Maya sent Daehyun the text while they were distracted.

 

Key answered his phone to a screaming Jonghyun. “Ya! De-jul-eh!”

 

“Excuse me?” asked Key.

 

“You heard me. Do you wanna die? Are you looking for a fight? How the hell could you do that to Lee? I’m coming for you Key. So get ready.” Click. Dial tone. The line went dead on Key.

 

“Onew?” Lee answered the phone quietly. She knew he’d seen her picture. She felt like she was going to die of embarrassment.

 

“Don’t move from that shop. We are coming to get you.”

 

“what?”

 

“There’s no way in hell we are letting you stay with Key another second. And I doubt you want to be with him anyway. We are less than a minute away. Stay where you are.”

 

“we?”

 

“Me and Jonghyun.”

 

“I..”

 

“Stay where you are Lee. We’re almost there.” Click.

 

“Thanks.” Lee sighed into the dead line. She turned to Maya as Maya turned to her. They both spoke at the same time.

“Onew’s coming to get me”

“Daehyun’s coming to get me.”

 

They both laughed. “Well I guess we’re both being rescued,” Maya sighed.

 

A boy on a motorcycle practically rode onto the sidewalk. He lifted his visor and grinned at Amaya, offering her a helmet. She smiled back as she took the helmet. “Is it okay if we wait for Lee’s ride to get here?” Maya asked Daehyun. He started to nod when a car practically screeched into park on the curb.

 

The driver stormed out of the car and went straight for Key. Jonghyun’s fists tightened around Key’s shirt and his eyes glared into Key’s. “Do you have any idea as to what you just did?” Jonghyun growled.

 

Key laughed. Surprisingly calm given the situation. “Calm down. We were just having fun.” He tried to pry Jonghyun’s hands off his shirt.

 

“We implies that both parties were consenting.” Daehyun handed his helmet to Maya as he walked over to join Jonghyun. “I know for a fact that at least one was not.”

 

“I’d say two.” Onew joined in. calmly opening the back door for Lee to get into the car.

 

Key scoffed. “Guys, it’s no big deal.”

 

“What if those pictures got out?” Jonghyun tightened his grip.

 

“What if you really did send them to the ‘wrong person’?” Daehyun moved closer.

 

Amaya and Lee stood frozen. Watching the scene unfold. They knew that this was getting nowhere good fast, and soon people would realize that three SHINee members and one B.A.P member were about to get in a huge brawl. Lee saw how shaken up Maya was and decided that she should be the one to break it up. She walked over and placed a hand on Jonghyun’s shoulder. “It’s over and not worth it. Can we leave please?” She asked softly. She didn’t wait for an answer before getting into the back seat of the car.

 

Lee’s reaction snapped Amaya out of her trance just enough. “She’s right.” Maya said calmly. “Oppa, let’s go.” She slid her helmet on and climbed on to the front of Daehyun’s bike. She offered him his helmet while she slid her visor down. With a last glare Daehyun walked over to Maya, put on his helmet and sat behind her. Jonghyun released his grip on key and walked back to the car. Onew slid into the passenger seat and the car took off. Maya kicked off on the motorcycle shortly after.