Late

43VER The FLAW

~~~~August 18~~~~

Bright rays of golden sunshine poured through the blinds of a small, messy, white room. Brightly colored clothes were scattered among the floor, a neon blue bass was mounted on the plain walls next to a neon green electric fender guitar. A black amp, splattered in paint, sat on the floor between them. The owner laid, asleep, in the big bed that was situated underneath the window with the sun leaking blinds. Her multi-colored hair was situated like sleeping beauty, whom she strongly resembled. Until she groaned. Her head reflexively moved to her right to try to avoid the sun while her left hand raised to attempt to block it while her eyes fluttered open.

Her pink lips parted in a yawn and her head began to roll to the right. “It's too damn early... for it to be this bright.” she mumbled to herself. Her eyes glanced towards the digital clock on her black and neon paint-splattered bedside table.

She blinked looking at the time. Then blinked again. There was no way.

She rubbed her eyes and then jumped out of bed and scrambled to put on clothes. Denim shorts, black bra, black tank top, neon blue v-neck. “Socks. I need socks...” she scrambled to her dresser pulling out the first pair she touched. She laughed at the snowflakes till she looked at the clock again.

She scrambled to her bedroom door attempting not to trip. She took a deep breath.

Lee!” She screamed, “We're late!” she slid into the living room and scooped up her skate shoes.

She threw them on her feet and ran for her skateboard hoping on it immediately and skating to Lee's bedroom door. She pounded on the door three times.

Gurl! You best hurry up! We've got to go. We were supposed to start recording at 11!” She glanced at the clock on the ring on her left middle finger. 11:23. She gulped.

Only one thought crossed her mind. We're dead.

On the other side of the door Lee jumped from Amaya's pounding on the door. She heard the yelling, something about being late, she thought. Her blue eyes rolled back and she began to lay back into her bed when she caught a glance of the clock.

Her blue eyes widened at the sight of the red numbers on the screen. 11:24. It blinked evilly at her. “Oh. !” She yelled at herself as she ran to the closet throwing on clothes. Black shorts, white bra, black tank top, and red cropped shirt. She frantically looked around for her shoes.

Out of the corner of her eyes she saw her black and red flats. They would do. With the shoes already on her feet, she grabbed her skateboard and ran out to the door of her room to see Amaya jump back to avoid being run over. “Oh my god, Maya!” she yelled, jumping back herself, “You know better than to stand in front of my door. You scared the crap outta me!”

Maya blinked her hazel-green eyes at her and gave her a half shrug. “Well, we're late this calls for drastic measures. Even if that means standing in front of your door.” she grabbed Lee's skateboard and placed it on the ground, “just get on. It'd be faster if we just skate out of the house, Mom just let the dogs out so the door's open anyway. We have about 15 seconds till she closes it again. Go.” she said pushing off on her board with as much force as possible to make her go fast.

Coming through!” She yelled, doing an ollie out of the door and onto the side walk. She pushed off and zoomed into the street knowing that Lee must be in toe. “Lee. This will be our fastest ride yet. You best push with all you've got.” And with that she pushed again to accelerate her speed and close the gap between her and SM Entertainment USA head corders and recording studio.

As Maya had suspected lee was not far behind. She too was pushing with all her might to close the gap and soon she rode neck and neck with Maya, who grinned at the sight of Lee next to her. No more than 10 minutes of ferocious pushing and weaving through people like crazy, they saw the building in front of them.