And So, the Savior

And So, I Fell in Love...

He laid her down beside the pool and was really worried about her; it seems that she was not breathing. Right when he was going to perform a CPR on her, she began coughing out water, and he heaved a sigh of relief. Even though she was already out of danger, she was still unconscious, so he decided to sit down and accompany her.

It was lucky that he wanted to swim right at that moment; who knows what will happen if he did not go there. He shuddered at the thought.

While he looked at her, she looked as though she was sleeping rather than being unconscious. He smiled, thinking, "she looks so cute while sleeping."

Slowly, without knowing what he was doing, he bent down and gently kissed her on her forehead.

It took almost a minute before he registered his actions, and he was shocked. He quickly stood up, and was still staring at her. He did not understand why he did that. He ran away from her and left her still lying there, as if it could let him understand why he kissed her forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, there you are! I thought you girls will reach here first. Wait, why are you alone? Where's Taeyeonnie?" Sunny asked, when she saw Seohyun walking towards the front porch.

"She said she will come here first. She can't be lost right? Or did she go and take some stuff from the locker?" Seohyun replied.

Sunny shrugged, "maybe..."

While waiting for Taeyeon, Seohyun saw that there was a bracelet on the floor. On closer inspection, she realised that it was their friendship band.

"Sunny, is this yours?" Seohyun turned towards Sunny.

"Mine's on my wrist... and so is yours... That means... Taeyeonnie was here. She wouldn't have taken it off just like that," Sunny started to look worried.

"Do you think that... she is getting pranked? What we heard about Wooyoung hurting his victims..." Seohyun started, but got interrupted by Sunny.

"No, don't say it! I'll call her now..." Sunny began dialing her number, but it was either damaged, or she did not switch on her handphone.

"The caller is unavailable... Let's go find her," Sunny told Seohyun, who nodded.

Just when they were going to leave, Yonghwa came running towards Seohyun.

"Wait, I didn't mean that... I don't want you to be a fling... I..." Yonghwa got interrupted by Seohyun, who looked as though she just realised something.

"No wonder you asked me to go alone! It's so that Taeyeonnie will be alone, isn't it? So that your friend Wooyoung can hurt Taeyeonnie!" Seohyun was upset at Yonghwa, thinking that he was helping to prank Taeyeon.

Yonghwa was confused, "hurt Taeyeonnie? Who's Taeyeonnie? And I didn't help Wooyoung do anything to hurt any Taeyeonnie... I just wanted to talk to..."

"Don't come near us anymore... if Taeyeonnie is hurt, I will make sure you guys pay!" Sunny warned.

"But..." Yonghwa started.

"Just go..." Seohyun had tears streaming down her cheeks. Yonghwa was upset, but he did not want to further agitate the girls. He decided to find Wooyoung to understand what had happened, and hope that he can help Seohyun, even if it is only a little.

"Where would Taeyeonnie be? What if she's already hurt?" Seohyun cried.

Sunny was also holding back her tears, "no, we will find her..."

She thought of her promise to Taecyeon, that she will protect his sister from harm.

While running around looking for Taeyeon, she remembered how she fell in love with Taecyeon.

#FLASHBACK#

"Girls, I will meet you there later, I need to buy something!" Sunny told them over the phone.

It was 7.30pm, and 15-year-old Sunny was alone in the streets. She had asked her chauffeur to only fetch her from Taeyeon's house at 10pm; they were going to have a small party there to celebrate the end of their examinations. She wanted to get her best friends a present each as a surprise, so she could not have them follow her.

She had actually designed the gift beforehand, and only went there to pick it up. However, she was a little worried because she was walking alone at night, but she calmed herself down by telling herself that it was not a long walk from Taeyeon's place, and there would be no problem.

She peeked inside the boxes to look at the gifts, and smiled. She had to admit that she really designed it well, and her smile widened.

Without looking at where she was heading, she accidentally knocked into someone and fell on her bum.

"Ouch! So sorry for knocking into you!" Sunny quickly apologised. She looked up, and got a little scared by what she saw.

"Hehehe. It's okay, little girl. *hic* I am fine *hic* if you *hic* accompany us," the drunkard she knocked into told her.

She looked around, there was no one else along the street; she was alone with the four men who were drunk and could not think straight.

One of them walked towards her and grabbed her. The box fell onto the floor and opened up, revealing the three friendship bracelets that she had designed.

"No no! Please! Let go of me!" Sunny pleaded, when she realised that it was of no use, she screamed, "help! Someone help me!"

"Oh. Little girl is scared! Don't worry, we won't harm you!" one of the drunkards laughed.

Right at that moment, the drunkards got punched, one after another. Sunny could not see her savior as her tears were making it difficult.

Someone walked towards her, and she was scared, thinking he is one of the drunkards.

"Don't worry, Sunny. It's me, Taecyeon oppa," he wrapped his arms around her to comfort her.

"Taec-taecyeon oppa!" Sunny cried into his chest.

Taecyeon smiled slightly, "hush hush. I will protect you from harm. Didn't I do that just now? Don't cry anymore."

After what seemed like a long time, Sunny stopped crying, "let's go back Taecyeon oppa."

"You are alright now?" Taecyeon looked into her eyes.

"Yes, don't tell them what actually happened though. Just say that... I fell down or something. I don't want them to worry," Sunny told him.

"I don't think they will buy the story that you cried until your eyes are swollen because you fell down though. Moreover, you've no injury..." Taecyeon was doubtful about the lie.

"Then I'll say that I watched a tragic movie just now..." Sunny told him after thinking for awhile.

"Okay, I guess that's it then. Let's go back," Taecyeon smiled.

Sunny remembered her items and ran to pick it up, then she walked side by side with Taecyeon while walking back to his house.

She smiled while looking at him. She had always had a crush on him, but after he saved her, the crush just seemed to... inflate. It did not seem like it was going to be just a crush from then onwards.

#end of FLASHBACK#

Sunny was silently blaming herself. How could she let her best friend and love's precious sister get into harm's way? She could not let her be hurt after Taecyeon had saved her, and she had promised him to protect Taeyeon. She prayed hard that Taeyeon was alright. Taecyeon would never forgive her... no, she would not even forgive herself if her best friend is harmed.

She had to find her. She had to make sure Taeyeon is safe. Taeyeon, please be safe. You must be safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The savior had ran to a secluded place in school. His own haven actually. No one goes to the place, or maybe no one knew of the place, not even his two best friends.

He sat down, with his back leaning against one of the trees. His usual spot.

"Why did I kiss her?" he wondered.

She did not feel like his usual flings. She feels... different. He could not care less if the others are in danger, but for her... he must make sure that she is safe.

Why though? Why is she so different? So important? So... special?

He could not think of any reasons.

However, he remembered his mother.

His late mother.

She had died of drowning. If only someone had saved her. Why didn't anyone save her?

He sighed. After the passing of his mother, his father made sure that he knew how to swim, and also attend classes on how to perform CPR and other basic first aid knowledge. He shook his head, trying to get rid of the thoughts of his past.

He then wondered if it is a good idea to let her stay there by herself, as she was still unconscious.

He sighed again, and thought silently, "maybe I should head back... but... I don't know how to face her now! Nichkhun, you are a babo. Why on earth did you do that to her?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~