And So, Problems Arise

And So, I Fell in Love...

"Break... up?" Wooyoung was shocked.

"Yes, darling, you should know why we don't want you with a poor girl..." Mrs. Jang continued, "you know what happened..."

"No! She isn't like them... We're so in love... why must you break us apart?" Wooyoung was agitated, "why? All of you! Why?!"

With that, he ran out of the mansion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Donghae oppa, what about this?" Taeyeon lifted the shirt in front of Donghae, trying to picture him in it.

He smiled, "should I try it then?"

Taeyeon nodded excitedly, "yes!"

"Okay then," Donghae walked into the fitting room for the sixth time that day.

"Tada!" he posed once he opened the door to show Taeyeon how he looked.

"Yes, Donghae oppa! This is it! You must get this!" Taeyeon jumped up and down like a little kid, a move that caused him to chuckle.

While he was at the cashier making his purchases, she received a call.

"Woodong?" Taeyeon answered.

"Taengoo... can we meet up now? Please?"

 

After Donghae was done, he went back to Taeyeon's side, only to find her looking down.

"Is something wrong?" he asked, out of concern. He did not like to see her feeling even a little upset.

"Donghae oppa, I'm so sorry, I've got to go," Taeyeon told him, before rushing off.

However, before she could reach the busstop, he managed to grab hold of her arms.

"Tae, what's wrong... I'm not going to let you go alone when you're looking like this," Donghae started, "tell me what's wrong."

Taeyeon tried to give a summarized version about Wooyoung and her falling in love and getting together, but her mother wanted them to break up for unknown reasons, and now Wooyoung called her to meet up, and from his voice, she was worried about him. Once she was done with the story, the bus had arrived and she quickly rushed to catch it, leaving a dazed Donghae standing there, alone.

"Tae..." Donghae whispered, "nothing about you changed... except your heart."

He laughed mirthlessly. Had he missed his chance to confess?

He quickly shook off the thought, "I should not just stand around doing nothing... I'll follow her first, and if the guy mistreats her... I will definitely take her away from him..."

Donghae quickly ran and flagged down the next available cab, while making sure the bus was still within his range of vision. Once he hopped onto the taxi, he immediately asked the driver to follow after the bus.

She hopped down the bus after four stops, and he could see her heading into a cafe quickly. As if she could not wait to meet him.

He paid the cab driver, and without taking his change, discreetly got out of the taxi and looked in her direction. The walls were made of glass, which enabled him to look through at them. He saw her talking to the host, and then went directly to sit next to a guy. That must be him...

Luckily for him, her back was facing the main entrance, which meant he could enter without her knowledge.

After the host greeted him, he pointed the seat he wanted: right behind them. The waiter took his order of cappuccino and left him to listen to their conversation.

"I'm so sorry Taengoo... I really didn't want to trouble you, but I don't know who to tell it to..." he heard the guy speaking. Is he a gambler and asking Tae for money to repay his debt?

"It's good that you told me, Woodong. Don't worry, isn't my omma like that too? We'll just have to convince your parents and my omma then," Taeyeon replied.

Donghae nodded at the waiter who placed his drink on the table.

"Okay... I'll never give up on us, Taengoo... I'll protect you... I'll protect us... I'll not let you get hurt." Protect...?

"Woodong..." he could hear Taeyeon's lovely voice.

"I'll... I'll... I'll talk to your omma... I'll let her understand us..."

"But... she chased you out that time! I'll go with you! What if she..."

"No... no, I'm a man... I'm your man... You're not to go with me. She might say things that you'll get hurt from. Don't worry, Taengoo, I'll fight to keep you happy." Happy...?

"Woodong..."

"I'll fight for our love, Taengoo... I love you..." Love...?

Donghae knew what he had to do now. He paid for his drink and left the place without touching his cup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wooyoung left after sending Taeyeon back home. When she went in, she was surprised by the note she found.

"Dear Ajusshi, Ajumma, Taec and Tae,

I'm sorry for leaving without a farewell, I've got an emergency back home and I had to leave immediately. I'll definitely return again, hopefully soon!

With love,

Donghae"

Taeyeon snapped out of her daze and quickly called Donghae, who picked up after four rings.

"Donghae oppa! What happened?" Taeyeon cried into the receiver.

"Oh... you saw the note?" Donghae chuckled a little, "I thought you'd be back much later... Not to worry Tae, the emergency isn't something bad... It's just about work..."

"But so sudden? You didn't have dinner yet!" Taeyeon continued.

"It's okay Tae..." Donghae took a deep breath, "and... about your love issue... Don't worry about that, okay? I'm sure Ajumma will understand soon... I'll be supporting you two! As long as you're happy, I am too..."

"Donghae oppa..."

"Oh... Tae, I've got to go now. Take care and see you soon, okay? I'll miss you..." Donghae quickly ended the call. He looked at her photo on the caller ID, smiled and whispered, "and I love you..."

He then called a number.

"Hello? Donghae?"

"I'm sorry, I'm not able to do what I returned for..." Donghae answered.

"Huh? What do you mean? Where're you now?"

"I'm heading back home. They're really in love..." Donghae replied.

"But... I thought you liked her?"

Donghae hesitated. He had feelings for her, but should he really tell her mother that?

He calmed himself down before continuing, "yes... In fact, I love her... very much... since we were much younger..."

"Then... why?

"It's because I love her, that's why I want her to be happy... And that's why... she should be with him. Please give them your blessing, Ajumma, " Donghae told her firmly, "he really loves her. She also does love him. I can tell... that he will protect her. I can tell... that she will be happy with him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

I had so much inspiration! I typed so happily, until... I accidentally closed the tab...

Without. Saving.

And all my hard work was gone.

My first words were, "... Oh no... Oh my goodness..."

I'm so sad now that I feel like crying. :'(

Okay, onward with retyping the chapter!

Okay, so I'm still in shock and not able to type... OH MY GOODNESS... WHY?! WHY DID I DO THAT?! WHY DID I NOT SAVE?! WHY DID I ACCIDENTALLY CLOSE THAT STUPID TAB?! It was so much better the first time I typed it... much longer too. :(

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

Author's mind: Okay, enough ranting, the readers will think you're crazy...

I AM GOING CRAZY... Over my sadness. D':

Author's mind: SHUT UP!

...

...

...

Okay, I've calmed down. I decided to update now, since I would not be able to better it anyways. The first version was much, much better though. I'm sorry to my loveliest readers for the outburst, and also for giving a crappy and short update because of my stupid hands pressing the stupid tab...