And So, the First Step

And So, I Fell in Love...

Looking at Taeyeon's retreating back, Wooyoung suddenly realized what she had just told him.

She... is glad?

Does that mean...?

"YES!" Wooyoung cheered in his car, and whistled while driving home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So... this is our second date... where do you want to start?" Wooyoung turned to look at the shorter being next to him.

Taeyeon stared at him for a while before her face lit up, "follow me!"

She pulled Wooyoung towards a long queue.

"errr... you want to start from the roller coaster? Shouldn't we start from somewhere... you know... less exciting first?" Wooyoung asked, while wondering whether it was a bad idea to bring Taeyeon to the amusement park. He had thought she was the merry-go-round kind of girl, who would be scared of speed and height. How wrong could he be.

"No! It is a tradition to start from the roller coaster!" Taeyeon replied, while pouting cutely.

Wooyoung gulped. He was scared, but how could he reject the adorable love of his life? Moreover, how could he say that he did not dare to ride on a roller coaster when she was eagerly waiting in line? That would be so lame.

He came back to reality when Taeyeon tugged his sleeve, "come on! Let's move forward!"

Wooyoung looked ahead of him along the line, there was only one... two... three... four... five... six couples! Which means...

It will be their turn next. 

 

"Finally!" Taeyeon cheered when the previous group left their seats, and ran to the seventh row to sit.

"Why did time past so fast...?" Wooyoung muttered under his breath.

He dragged his feet and sat next to Taeyeon, who seemed to notice his lack of enthusiasm.

"What's the matter? Do you... not like roller coasters?" Taeyeon asked him out of concern.

"No... hahaha... how could that be? Who would hate roller coasters? Not me for sure..." Wooyoung tried his best to act cool and brave in front of her, but once she turned back to the front, he frowned again, worried about whether he will have a heart attack or act stupidly later in front of Taeyeon.

The good news is that he did not have a heart attack.

However, the bad news is... he did the latter.

He was still fine when the roller coaster was moving slowly upwards, though his fear gradually crept up as he felt they had been climbing forever, which means the way back down will be really long. When the roller coaster reached the top, he muttered, "oh no," and what follows right after that was just a deafening, high pitched scream.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

 

Once the whole torturous journey ended, he stumbled out of the roller coaster with slightly trembling legs, he suddenly felt totally ashamed.

How could he scream like a girl, in front of someone he was trying to make his girl?

However, what came next was a surprise to him.

Taeyeon hugged him.

Taeyeon. Hugged. HIM.

"I think that you're really brave to scream out loud. Guys can be scared too. And I am proud of you for not hiding your fear. Moreover, you rode on something you don't like because of me," Taeyeon told him. Slowly, he enveloped her with his warmth...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wooyoung was pacing around the corridor. It was a few days since their second date, and he was trying to think of the perfect way to ask Taeyeon to be with him without it being too cliché.

He caught a glimpse of his watch and widened his eyes.

She should have reached school by now.

Wooyoung quickly rushed towards the drop-off area, but just in case she was early, he used the route that would pass by her classroom.

A quick glance told him that she was not inside.

Not learning from his past mistakes, he ran around the corner without stopping.

And knocked someone down.

Looking at the person lying on the floor right below him, he was pleasantly surprised.

It was the one he had been thinking of everyday.

He looked deep into her eyes.

It felt right at that moment, so he leaned in and kissed her.

Recovering from her shock, Taeyeon slowly closed her eyes.

And they had their first kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

TWO chapters consecutively in two days. WHEW! But that is also because I feel that the previous chapter was short. And secondly, I am not having writer's block. And thirdly, I AM FREE TODAY! WOO HOO! Hopefully I can continue my streak... Well, actually I finished this chapter last night, right after the Chapter 22, but as usual, I needed to have a quick proof reading session before I publish it.