And So, the Truth

And So, I Fell in Love...

"Please, out of the way!" the nurses pushing the gurney shouted, "it's an emergency!"

Wooyoung was pushed into the emergency room while Mrs. Ok waited outside.

 

"Where is he?" the rest of the Ok family had arrived, along with Sunny, Seohyun, Yonghwa and Nichkhun.

"He's still inside... the doctors aren't out yet either..." Mrs. Ok explained, while Mr. Ok quickly went to her and hugged her. He knew that she had not planned for this to happen and would be anxious too.

Taeyeon felt her knees go weak, and Taecyeon, knowing his sister, quickly held her and brought her to the nearest seat, where she slumped down on the chair. Nichkhun and Sunny then sat on either side of her, with the latter wrapping her arms around Taeyeon, who was trying hard not to burst into tears. Seohyun just hugged Yonghwa silently.

After 20 minutes or so, the group of people waiting outside the emergency room could all hear footsteps walking hurriedly towards them. Initially thinking that they belonged to the nurses or doctors, they were surprised to find...

"Ajusshi, Ajumma!" Nichkhun stood up and walked over to them, with Yonghwa following right behind him.

"Nichkhun, Yonghwa, how's he?" Mrs. Jang asked them, with tears in her eyes.

"We're... not very sure... The doctor's not out yet actually," Nichkhun admitted.

The only sign of acknowledgement Mr. and Mrs. Jang gave towards the Ok family was when they glanced at them, but they soon ignored them, focusing on worrying about their son.

"I'm sorry, Madam Kim Joo Min?" A nurse came over to the group.

"Yes?" Mrs. Ok answered.

The nurse showed her a piece of paper, "you've not completed the registration form."

Mrs. Ok pointed towards Wooyoung's parents, "I don't know those information about him. Those are his parents, you should ask them to fill it out instead."

Nobody had noticed Mrs. Jang's expression. She was surprised when she heard the name. That familiar name. It couldn't be, could it?

She wanted to ask her, but it was not the right time, not when her son might still be in danger.

After some time, the doctor came out. He reassured them that Wooyoung was not in danger; they had done a thorough check on him, and he should be awakening in a while's time. He is also not in the right condition to have too many visitors at one go for now, but they can visit him in small groups once he woke up.

All of them seemed to have stopped breathing, as they heaved a huge sigh of relief right when they heard the good news from the doctor.

Taeyeon desperately wanted to see Wooyoung, to make sure that he was indeed safe. However, she knew that she was already lucky his parents allowed her to wait for him outside, and not making a fuss.

Mr. and Mrs. Jang went in after thanking the doctor, leaving the rest of the group outside. None of them left though, and kept waiting.

When Wooyoung's parents exited the room, they talked to Nichkhun and Yonghwa. Nichkhun gave Taeyeon a nod and a smile, mouthing the words, "he's awake", while Yonghwa glanced at Seohyun, before they both entered.

Mr. and Mrs. Jang went to the visitors' room to get some rest and beverages, and Taeyeon made use of this to head towards the door. However, right when she was about to enter, she heard them talking.

"Seriously dude, that's what you want to do right when you wake up? Really? That childish?" Nichkhun's voice could be heard.

"Are you sure you were even in an accident? Why're you so... weird?" Yonghwa added.

Wooyoung tried to speak in a low voice, but obviously failed due to his excitement, "keep your voice down! What'd you do if Taengoo heard you? Quick, go and act in a sad face while asking her to come in!"

"So you're really well, well enough to prank me. You bet I'll be ready for a counterattack!" Taeyeon thought to herself. She shook her head and smiled, "you just don't learn from your lessons, my Woodong."

Nichkhun and Yonghwa came out right at that moment, and Nichkhun whispered, "you heard?"

Taeyeon nodded, and placed a finger to her lips, signalling them not to let Wooyoung know that his prank, before it could start, had already failed.

Nichkhun just kept silent, while Yonghwa had a hard time stifling his laughter, "this I want to see."

"Woodongie?" Taeyeon called out when she entered the room.

"Wha..? Who are you?" Wooyoung tried to look confused.

"You don't recognize me? I'm your Taengoo!" Taeyeon continued with her act as well, looking as surprised as she could.

Wooyoung shook his head, "I'm sorry, I don't know you miss... I think I've lost my memories..."

"Hmmm..." Taeyeon looked sad, then smiled cheerfully, "okay then... since you don't recognize me anymore, I'll go date someone else. See you!"

"Wha... Hey! No, you can't! Taengoo! It's you! I recognize you again! See? My memories are back!" Wooyoung shouted out.

"Dumbo..." Nichkhun told him, while Yonghwa was at last able to laugh out loudly.

 

"So, now that this has happened... are you able to accept Wooyoung?" Taecyeon asked his mother directly.

Mrs. Ok looked at him, then at her husband. She looked a little troubled.

Mr. Ok could not take it any longer, and argued, "what? He's saved your life, and yet you still don't allow them to be together?"

"I didn't say that I'm not allowing them together, did I?" Mrs. Ok retorted back.

"That means... you're letting them date?" Taecyeon tried to confirm.

"How obvious do you need me to tell you before you get it? Now stop bothering me about this!" Mrs. Ok snapped, right when Wooyoung and the rest came out of his room. Taeyeon had made him sit on the wheelchair since he insisted on coming out, even though he had not been allowed yet.

"Yobo... what about Mrs. Jang? Are you sure you don't want to talk to her about what happened? What if it was really just a misunderstanding?" Mr. Ok was concerned about his wife.

Wooyoung's parents had just returned and overheard the last part. Mrs. Jang's suspicion rose again, and she asked Mrs. Ok, "you're... Kim Joo Min? Do you know of a Im Sunhwa?"

Mrs. Ok gave a stiff nod.

Hearing this, Mrs. Jang's eyes lit up, "I'm Im Sunhwa! My dear friend, I've finally found you after so long!"

"You've found me? Wait... you've been looking for me?" Mrs. Ok questioned, looking confused.

"Yes! Of course!" Mrs. Jang nodded, while feeling excited.

"Didn't you leave without telling me? I thought our friendship was over..." Mrs. Ok was a little bitter at the memory.

Mrs. Jang had tears in her eyes by now, "I'm so, so sorry, Minnie. I didn't want it to happen either. I didn't want to leave you. My parents forced me to go to the US without telling me beforehand. You know we always hang out everyday, and I didn't even have your actual address since I just remembered the directions! We didn't have any phones or e-mails at that time either, so there was no way I could contact you... I only got to return five years after that, and I went to find you immediately, but you'd already moved. I'm really sorry, Minnie."

By this time, Mrs. Ok was already feeling terribly sorry towards her old friend, and truly upset with herself. She apologized to Mrs. Jang and hugged her tightly, while they were both crying by now at their reunion.

Without a word, Wooyoung's hands found Taeyeon's, and interlinked them together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

This, everyone, is the last chapter. I had terribly major writer's block for this chapter since... well, it's obvious I'm no good with hospital scenes. I just kept staring at my outline, type a few words, and get totally clueless as to what I am supposed to write next. I do feel sad that my first ever fanfic is ending, but at the same time really excited for the tons of planned fanfics, like the next one titled "Love, Again" to be written!

I have to apologize though, I promised that it would be soon but I didn't know that I would be so blocked... D: I think I cursed myself by joking I would update after four months previously... In the end, it really took almost four months...

Hmmm... But this chapter seems really... short and has a lousy ending... Right? Who knows... if something will happen next.