And So, Secret Meetings

And So, I Fell in Love...

"Woodong..." Taeyeon called her boyfriend, after she went into the safety of her own room.

"Taengoo, what... happened? Are you alright?" Wooyoung was worried.

Taeyeon replied, "I'm... fine, I guess. Just a little shaken up. About what happened just now, my appa said there seemed to be something between your omma and mine, and that they were close friends before... And... my omma ordered me to break up with you..."

"WHAT? No!" Wooyoung was shocked. This was much more serious than he thought, "I won't!"

"I know, and neither would I..." Taeyeon agreed. They loved each other too much to let go.

"Listen, Taengoo, I think this is some sort of misunderstanding between our ommas," Wooyoung started.

"My appa thinks so too," Taeyeon told him.

Wooyoung continued, "and I'm going to find out what it is... so no matter what, do not give up on us, okay?"

"I know, I will never..." Taeyeon answered, "I love you Woodong..."

"I love you too Taengoo," Wooyoung replied, "so, so much..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nichkhun turned to look behind, and sighed.

His sighs had been longer, and more frequent as the days go by.

All because of the fact that he was the only one out of his best friends who was not in a relationship. He was followed by even more girls than before, with Wooyoung and Yonghwa's stalkers now changing their target to him.

He sighed again. They did not even bother to hide their ear-piercing shrieks or annoying giggles. Did they even know this is a school?

His only hideout, other than the men's toilet, was the lounge. Recently, they started waiting for him outside his classroom. He could not even pay attention to his lecturer because they were all gossiping right outside the front door.

He knew they had gotten desperate, but he also knew that none of them would ever stand a chance in being his girlfriend.

Nichkhun walked into the lounge in an attempt to hide from the fanatic girls. He went out by the secret back door that no one other than his friends knew about, since that part of the wall looked old and rusty.

No other student would even imagine that it was connected to TFT's lounge. They all thought that it was a locked door connecting to the old warehouse no one used for a long time. There was also a rumor, spread by none other than Yonghwa, that the corridor that leads to the door was spooky, and Nichkhun warned the students not to be near that area. Nichkhun and the rest would also return back to the lounge via the backdoor, so that the girls who are waiting for them outside the main door would not get suspicious, but just think that their kings were resting in the lounge for a long time.

Nichkhun then walked briskly to his safe haven in the school. He was actually surprised that no one else had found such a place yet. He was always alone there, not that it was a bad thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona looked around the place; the school had not changed much. Well, not that she had graduated that long ago, but still, it was nice to know that some things had not changed.

No one knew her around here, though there were some male students who came up to talk to her, and asked her whether she needed help with directions. She politely declined at first, but those who were persistent, she glared at them and said, "I'm friends with Jang Wooyoung, you sure that you want me to tell him what you just did to me?" With that, the guys quickly ran away, with two tripping in the process.

She knew where she wanted to go in the school, her little paradise, where no one would disturb her, and she can reminisce about the past, when she was still with Taecyeon.

She was not stupid; she knew his heart did not belong to her... it never did. The only thing stupid was probably that she still continued pursuing him, and was even happy when he accepted her as his girlfriend.

Though it was only in name.

The only time they kissed was when she made the first move, and even then, he seemed to be just politely standing there, not moving away because it would hurt her.

She knew, but she did not say anything.

Even when he asked for a breakup, because he was going to the army, and it was difficult to continue their relationship, she knew it would be easy for them to stay together if he had the same feelings she had towards him, but she accepted his explanations.

Because it would hurt less if she could brainwash herself that it was the real reason.

When he was out of the army and looking for a job, she immediately helped him get into the hotel. Perhaps it was to see him, or maybe she thought they would get back together. But the main reason was that even though she tried to forget him, she just could not.

And she just wanted to continue hanging out with him as much as she could.

Today, she returned to the college they met in, and went to her little paradise, trying to put an end in her love for him.

She felt a little teary, but did not bother wiping away since no one was around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nichkhun heard some sniffling noises, but did not see anyone. He was about to lie back down onto the grass when he heard the sound again. He stood up and sneaked around the area, trying to find the source, in case one of his fangirls had found this place. He felt the presence of someone in a distance, and hid behind a tree to observe the person.

The lady turned her head when she was trying to get something from her bag, which she had placed behind her.

Nichkhun was captivated by her beauty, and he felt like he wanted to know her more. Just as he thought that, he stepped forward and accidentally broke a twig, causing the lady to snap her head around to stare at him.

"Who...?" Nichkhun voiced out as he was shocked.

The girl recovered first and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"W-well..." Nichkhun tried to calm down his beating heart, both from her talking to him, and from the surprise a moment ago, "I'm a student here... but you... I've never seen you studying around here before. Are you a visitor?"

"I'm an ex-student," she explained, while standing up, preparing to walk away since her little paradise was no longer quiet and peaceful.

"Wait... where're you going?" Nichkhun asked, briskly walking towards her.

"I'm heading back to work, I wanted to clear my mind off things, but since you're here... I'll get going," she replied bluntly.

Nichkhun wanted to know more, but the lady was walking away from him.

"I-I... I'm Nichkhun Horvejkul, what's your name?" Nichkhun blurted out.

She turned around and replied, "I'm friends with Jang Wooyoung, you sure you want me to complain to him that you're hitting on me?"

"You're friends with Woo?" Nichkhun scrunched up his face, then he smiled widely, "what a coincidence... I am too!"

The lady was surprised. Sure, she knew that Wooyoung had two close friends, but she did not know that she would be meeting one of them.

She asked, now more politely than before, "you said your name was Nic... sorry...?"

"Nichkhun," he replied, "N-i-c-h-k-h-u-n. The actual pronunciation is Nitch-e-coon, but everyone here pronounces it as Nick-coon, so... yups... you can call me Nichkhun."

"I'll use the actual one then, it seems interesting, though I will need to practice it a few times, Nichkhun... Nichkhun... Nichkhun..." she told him, while trying to memorize his name.

Nichkhun then asked the same question he did previously, "what's your name?"

"I'm Im Yoona," she smiled at him while answering. He was mesmerized again. She had such a beautiful smile.

"Okay, Yoona... Yoona... Yoona..." he joked, mimicking her practicing his name.

Yoona laughed at him, and he was entranced yet again, now by her melodious laughter.

"You want to go have tea or something, before you head back to work?" Nichkhun invited her.

Yoona thought for a moment, looked at her watch, and smiled, "sure... but not for long, I've to leave in 30 minutes."

 

20 minutes later,

"No... that's not true..." Yoona told Nichkhun.

"Yes... I'm telling you, it really is..." Nichkhun said seriously, in case she thought he was joking.

They were drinking the coffee that Nichkhun had made in the lounge, the place they would be safe from stares and gossips. He had brought Yoona through the backdoor, and prepared to sneak her back out the same way.

Nichkhun felt really comfortable talking to her, and after getting to know her better, he felt that he had some mysterious feelings for her. It was unlike the feelings towards his flings, and not even the same as the way he felt towards Taeyeon. This was more like... love. However, he did not dare to tell her, since it would creep her out. Moreover, he wanted to wait and see if he was right about his feelings, or he was simply mistaken about it. He needed to be subtle in asking her out again.

"Okay, I believe you..." Yoona looked at her watch, "oops, I gotta dash. It was nice talking to you!"

"Oh wait, do you want to go on a date with me?" Nichkhun blurted out. So much for being subtle.

He was usually the one who knew when to keep his mouth shut, but why was he unable to be his usual self around Yoona?

Yoona was surprised, then she looked apologetic, a sign that Nichkhun knew was not good, "well... actually... to tell you the truth, I'm not interested in dating any guys for now. I need time, loads of it."

Nichkhun knew that it meant she had been hurt before, and also that her heart still belonged to someone else.

"That's fine. We can always go out on a date, as friends. I really enjoyed the time with you today," Nichkhun tried his best to smile.

"Yeah, sure, I guess. That should be fine, I'll just pass you my business card," Yoona replied, before passing him her namecard.

Nichkhun took her safely out from the backdoor. When he returned, he tried cheering for himself, "you can do it! You will be able to win her over from the guy who hurt her! You will get her heart!"

He shook his head. Just a few hours with Yoona, and he was already a little different from his usual self. What would he be like in the future?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you meeting up with Wooyoung later, Taeyeonnie?" Sunny asked Taeyeon.

They had just finished their classes, and were packing up their books.

Taeyeon smiled slightly, "yeah..."

"Cheer up, Taeyeonnie. You two will get through this together. We're all supporting you!" Seohyun hugged her, with Sunny joining them.

"Thanks you girls..." Taeyeon told them, grateful for them backing her up.

 

 

An hour later,

"Three scoops of ice creams please, one vanilla and strawberry, one mint and the last will be rocky road. Thanks!" Wooyoung ordered at the counter.

The couple had gone into an ice cream parlor for their short date, since Taeyeon had to rush home for dinner in almost two hours' time.

"Here you go, Taengoo," Wooyoung placed the waffle bowl with ice cream right in front of his girlfriend, and smiled when Taeyeon's eyes lit up.

"Thank you Woodong!" Taeyeon cheered before she started her ice cream feast, not forgetting to feed Wooyoung after every two to three mouthfuls for herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So I got all the items to cook for later... this place is a bit far from home, but Yeyin told me that the seafood here is much fresher, and yet a lot cheaper, so I guess it is worth it," Mrs. Ok smiled while looking around before crossing the road to reach the busstop.

She saw two familiar people sitting inside a shop opposite the road, and she squinted her eyes.

When she realized who they were, she was shocked.

Her daughter and the son of that woman were sitting and enjoying themselves.

This meant that they had not broken up yet.

"This won't do... I must do something about it," she thought to herself. She quickly walked away before they caught sight of her.

She knew who to call.

And the plan must work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Whee~ Another update before it becomes February! I wanted to finish the whole story on 2nd February 2013, which is the second anniversary since this fanfic started! BUT I think it is too difficult... Since I will be ending it in Chapter 30... It will be too rushed to finish so many chapters considering their length. I will try to upload another one soon, since the next chapter should not be THAT long. Until then!