And So, Back in Town

And So, I Fell in Love...

"Do you guys know? Donghae is coming over for holidays next week. Taec, please tidy up your room and give him some space to sleep! Tae, since your oppa is busy, bring Donghae around, okay?" Mrs. Ok told her family.

They were eating their dinner together, when she told them of this sudden news.

"What? But my room will be cramped with him! We're both adults, omma! There's no space for him!" Taecyeon complained.

Mrs. Ok gave her son a stern look, "we're not going to let someone who is almost like family to us sleep in a hotel! You two know each other since young, and everytime he has been sleeping in your room! You were 20 when you last met him, and you two had been sleeping fine! How much did you grow in these five years!"

"Oppa, just stop complaining," Taeyeon nudged Taecyeon, trying to make him quiet down.

"Fine..." Taecyeon pouted. He was happy to meet his childhood friend, but why must they always share the same room?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"YO EAST SEA! OVER HERE!" Taecyeon shouted while waving at Donghae, trying to signal to him (and everyone else in the airport).

"Taecyeon oppa, everyone's looking at you!" Sunny pulled his sleeve, trying to make him calm down. She knew that even if he kept complaining beforehand, he would always end up being happy to see his friend again.

"Donghae oppa!" Taeyeon smiled and waved.

Sunny and Seohyun also knew Donghae, and always hung out together before he flew off to Australia with his parents. He was really nice, friendly, and fun to be around, and especially thoughtful with Taeyeon.

The two girls always wondered if Donghae liked Taeyeon, but Taeyeon being Taeyeon, she was oblivious to his feelings. He was also subtle, so Taecyeon was unaware of it too. In fact, they themselves could not even be sure about it.

Donghae bro-hugged Taecyeon once he reached them. Turning to Taeyeon, he gave her a wide grin before enveloping her, whispering, "I missed you."

After some time, he let go of Taeyeon and gave Seohyun a quick hug. When he was about to do the same thing to Sunny, Taecyeon came between them and told him, "yo man... No touching your sister-in-law..."

Donghae's eyes widened as he looked from the tallest to the shortest member among them, "you two got together? Wow... that's... wow..."

He slapped Taecyeon's back, as he congratulated him.

"Come on, let's go back home, my parents are anxious to see you," Taecyeon told his friend, as he led the group towards his car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ajumma! Ajusshi!" Donghae greeted in a loud voice once he entered the Ok family's home.

"Omo! Donghae!" Mrs. Ok smiled excitedly, while rushing to where he was. She patted him on his back while pulling him to sit in the living room. She then pulled Taeyeon to sit right next to him, a gesture that made Sunny scrunch up her nose, thinking, but none of the others thought anything about it.

"How're your parents, Donghae? Are they well?" Mrs. Ok asked him.

She then launched into a series of questions for him, which he answered patiently, until Taeyeon interrupted her.

"Omma, Donghae oppa must be tired and hungry... Weren't you planning to cook some of Donghae oppa's favorite dishes for him? Let him rest while you finish preparing the meal!"

"Oh! I'm so sorry, Donghae. Go on, go rest up, I'll ask Tae to call you when I'm ready," Mrs. Ok pushed him gently in the direction of Taecyeon's room, while she quickly rushed into the kitchen.

"Hmmm... Curious..." Sunny scrunched up her nose again, while muttering to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are all the documents prepared?"

"Yes, Madam."

"Has the plane reached?"

"Yes sir, it is already waiting for you."

"Let's go then, honey, let's return back home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Donghae oppa! Here! It's here!" Taeyeon skipped into the shop excitedly.

Donghae laughed to himself, "she hasn't changed."

It was the second day he had reached South Korea, and Mrs. Ok had asked Taeyeon to bring Donghae around, since Taecyeon would be busy working.

He looked as she went straight to look for what they came here for: the ultimate, super cute, enormous... Peas-in-a-Pod from Toy Story 3 that Taeyeon had been collecting. She had all the smaller ones, but the shopkeeper sent Taeyeon an email stating that they had gotten only one of the new 35" plush, and she quickly rushed over with Donghae on that day itself.

However, when he went in after her, he saw her crestfallen face.

A man had just purchased the Peas-in-a-Pod that Taeyeon had craved for.

While Taeyeon was looking dejected and slowly walking out of the store, Donghae quickly followed the man to talk to him when Taeyeon was out of earshot.

"Excuse me mister," Donghae stopped the man from walking further. He turned around with a confused look.

"I'm sorry for bothering you, I would like to know that, would you be willing to sell me the Peas-in-a-Pod?" Donghae asked him.

The stranger replied, "I'm sorry, I wanted to give this to my girlfriend."

Donghae pleaded, "please... I really want to give it to my friend... she really wants it a lot. I'm willing to pay you more than what you paid for..."

The man's eyes lit up when he heard what Donghae said, "Okay, pay me twice of the original price."

Donghae nodded, "okay, sure sure... How much is it?"

"No, wait... I changed my mind, I wanted to make it three times the original price, but I decided to give you a discount since you seem to really want to give it to your girl," the man told him, obviously trying to take advantage of the situation.

Donghae's eyes widened, but he sighed and agreed, "okay, fine. I will pass it to you now."

 

He knew where to find her. She would always head to the park and sit on that particular bench whenever she was upset.

"Tae..." he called her softly once he reached her, but she did not answer.

"Tae..." he sat down right next to her.

He then took out the plush he had just bought at a much higher price and waved it right in front of her.

"Oh my gosh! Where did you get it?" Taeyeon immediately hugged the biggest Peas-in-a-Pod tightly.

Donghae shrugged, "I bought it from the guy just now."

"Really? How much was it? I'll pay you back!" Taeyeon asked with a wide smile on her face.

"It's fine, Tae," he smiled while ruffling her hair, to which she pouted and rearranged her hair back nicely, "what's most important is that you're happy."

Taeyeon gave him a quick hug before turning her attention back to the newest toy in her collection.

Donghae had a satisfied expression the whole time while he looked at her face.

He knew he had made the right choice in getting the Peas-in-a-Pod, even if it cost him 500,000 won.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Young master! Your parents are back!" Jae-yup announced to Wooyoung when he reached the latter's room.

Wooyoung stood up at his words, and silently made his way down.

"Darling," Mrs. Jang hugged him once she saw him.

"Wooyoung, sit down," Mr. Jang was more solemn, and tilted his head towards an empty seat opposite himself. Wooyoung knew that there was going to be a serious talk; he had a bad feeling about it.

"I heard that you are dating someone poor," Mr. Jang started, "I have nothing else to say, but for you to break up with her... immediately."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

I am so, so, so, so, so sorry! The two new upvotes really made me wake up and think, "I MUST UPDATE BY TODAY!" For this chapter, I did not have much of an outline, so I was pretty lost as to what I wanted to write, which was why it dragged soooo long. I sincerely apologize for taking so long again, and thank you very much for still sticking by me.

I did not really proofread a lot of times this round, since I really wanted to get this up asap. If there are any errors, please do tell me!

Again, THANK YOU for being here!