And So, the Long-Awaited Confession

And So, I Fell in Love...

"Hyu~un," Yonghwa had led her into TFT's lounge, so that both of them will be safe from his crazy fans.

Seohyun looked up at him at last. She had not dared to look into his eyes, afraid that he was still angry. However, he was looking at her now with a sad expression. She cupped his face with her palm, and he continued, "Hyu~un, I really hate it when I see you hurt. I hate the people who hurt you, and I hate myself for being unable to protect you."At this point, Seohyun was about to interrupt and console Yonghwa, but he stopped her, "no... let me finish. Yes, I hate myself. So please, if you love me, be honest with me. Don't be afraid that I'll worry, or that I'd be in danger. If you hide things from me, I'll hate myself more. I'd think of myself as someone useless, someone undeserving of you. I really want to protect you, to love you, for the rest of my life. So please, promise me, to tell me."

Seohyun saw the tears flowing down her boyfriend's cheeks, and she wiped them away, while she was shedding tears of her own, "I promise."

Yonghwa made the first move, and their lips were connected for a long time before they broke apart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello everyone! Sorry girls, I was away from school the whole morning... with a valid reason!" Sunny told them once she reached their table in the Japanese restaurant, "it's because I had to fetch this guy!"

The five sitting around the table just noticed a guy standing near Sunny, even though she obviously could not block him with their height difference.

"Hey, my name is Lee Sungmin, and I just returned from Los Angeles in the United States," the new boy greeted them.

Sunny sat down next to Taeyeon, while Sungmin took a seat and placed it between Sunny and Seohyun.

"Sungmin here, he's sort of my childhood friend, we've been playing together since young!" Sunny explained to the rest.

Taeyeon was confused, "huh? Then why is it that I'd never seen him before?"

"Oh. I only met you when we were 10, but Sungmin left for USA when I was 9," Sunny turned to Sungmin, "we've what... not seen each other for 10 years?!"

"That's right!" Sungmin replied, while looking at the menu, "can we eat first? I'm hungry!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey girls, so where're you girls heading to next?" Sungmin asked the three, as he placed his arms on both Taeyeon and Seohyun.

"Whoa, back off... That's my girl!" Yonghwa protectively pulled Seohyun away.

Wooyoung glared at Sungmin, who still had his arms around Taeyeon, but he could not do what Yonghwa did, since Taeyeon was not his girlfriend, though he really wished she was.

"Chill... I was just being friendly," Sungmin told Yonghwa, while holding his hands up in front of him, trying to tell Yonghwa to calm down.

Sunny stepped between them and explained, "I'm sorry, Sungminnie is a pretty open individual, and he feels that my friends are his friends too. That's why he was friendly, but in our culture he might be way too friendly."

She then turned to Sungmin, "anyway, I'm heading over to Taeyeon's place to hang out... You want to come along?"

"Sure! If you're fine with it," Sungmin directed his speech to Taeyeon, who smiled and nodded.

"I'm fine with that. Any friend of Sun's is a friend of mine, and my friends are all welcome to my house," Taeyeon smiled, and with that, the three of them left in Sunny's car, while Seohyun and Yonghwa left on a date.

"What about... me?" Wooyoung pouted while Taeyeon walked further and further away from him.

Nichkhun just patted his back and shook his head, "I pity you bro."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're baaaa~ck!" Taeyeon and Sunny shouted into the house.

Taecyeon was already back home, while the Ok parents are still busy working.

"Welcome back Tae and Sun!" He walked out of his room and smiled widely, until he saw a stranger with his arms around Sunny.

"And... who's this?" Taecyeon frowned a little.

"I'm Lee Sungmin! I just came back from USA! Nice to meet you!" With that, Sungmin reached out his right hand to shake Taecyeon's hand.

Taecyeon accepted the handshake, but he shook it firmly. Way too firmly.

"Oh... Wow... You have a... firm grip," Sungmin stuttered a little after the exchange.

"Thank you," Taecyeon replied while giving him a not-so-sincere smile.

 

The next day,

"Thanks oppa, have a nice day at work!" Taeyeon waved her hands before turning towards her class.

Just as Taecyeon was about to leave, he saw Seohyun coming out of Sunny's car, followed by Sunny herself... and Sungmin.

Taecyeon gritted his teeth. Why did he have to follow Sunny wherever she goes?

 

Two days later,

"OPPA! SURPRISE! We decided to dine out today! Omma and appa are not joining though. We want to go to Omma's Kitchen again!" Taeyeon jumped in front of her brother, surprising him.

He looked around, and was initially happy to see the usual three girls, until his eyes rested on a fourth person. Standing right next to Sunny.

"Hello Hyung!" Sungmin smiled widely and waved.

"Let's go then! Oppa, you'll drive there right? We'll meet you there!" Taecyeon saw them run off to Sunny's car... and saw Sungmin sitting right next to Sunny.

"Argh. When is he going back to the US?!" Taecyeon muttered to himself.

 

That weekend,

"I'm home appa, omma, oppa!" Taeyeon shouted once she entered the front door.

"Did you buy anything, Tae?" Mrs. Ok asked, as the whole family came out to welcome their precious girl.

"I bought some food for you all!" Taeyeon grinned and lifted the bags of food.

After placing the items on the dining table, everyone crowded around, eating and listening to Taeyeon's shopping trip.

"We saw many cute outfits! Sunny bought so many of them! She wanted to buy one for Seo and I, but we rejected them." Taeyeon paused for awhile to swallow down the food.

"But it's because Sungmin oppa looks so pitiful! He was helping us carry the bags, and Sunny bought so many clothes and shoes that he looks like he had a hard time!" Taeyeon and her parents laughed, though they felt bad for the poor boy.

However, Taecyeon frowned, a habit he took up recently whenever Sungmin is mentioned. Why must that fella go shopping with them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm pressing!" Taeyeon pressed the timer for the camera before rushing back to the group.

It was a weekend, and the Ok family, along with Seohyun, Sunny and Sungmin, decided to head out for an outing in the park.

Taecyeon just glared at Sungmin as he stayed very near to the three girls. It was when Sungmin whispered into Sunny ears that a small explosion seemed to occur within Taecyeon; he stomped over to Sunny, and pulled her away to a more secluded area to talk.

"Taecyeon oppa!" Sunny was shocked, Taecyeon had never gripped her wrist so tightly and pulled her away from the others before.

"Let me ask you. How do you feel towards Sungmin?" Taecyeon fumed, and asked.

"Sungmin and I? Hmmm... Well, we're really close. Why? Are you jealous?" Sunny teased. However, deep within her, she was thinking, "yeah right... there's no way Taecyeon oppa would be jealous, who am I kidding?"

Taecyeon blurted, "yes I am! I'm extremely jealous because of that pink boy!"

"Pink boy? Hahaha..." it took a while before what Taecyeon unexpectedly confessed sunk in, and Sunny was surprised. He is jealous?

Sunny's eyes widened. Did she hear him correctly?

Sunny stuttered while replying Taecyeon, "errr... well, that... Sungmin... well, actually... he is my cousin... we've known each other since we were babies... that's why we always said we were childhood friends, since we hang out just like friends..."

"Oh!" It took Taecyeon a shorter time to process Sunny's words, and he blushed, right up to his ears, "oh..."

He took in a deep breath, before continuing to the now-red Sunny, "so... well, errr... since we're at the topic... hmmm... how should I put this? What do y-you think about me?"

Sunny began playing with her fingers while pondering about her next step. She was crazy about him, but no, she could not possibly tell him that. Should she confess? Or should she keep their relationship as it had been? Well, they would be awkward in the future even if she did not confess, so why not?

Sunny closed her eyes, and gave a quick and silent prayer before she admitted her true feelings," I've liked you since I was 15..."

When she slowly opened them to look up at Taecyeon, she found him with his mouth wide open. He was surprised, obviously, but quickly closed them when their eyes met.

"Hmmm... well, so..." Taecyeon stammered, unsure of what to say. He had never planned that this would happen, "hmmm... yeah."

"Hahaha... Taecyeon oppa, you're so cute when you're embarrassed," Sunny laughed, and it broke the awkward atmosphere that was present a moment ago.

Taecyeon brightened up, it was the first time a girl called him cute. No wait, scratch that. It was the first time his first love called him cute, and that made him happy.

He looked over at the still laughing Sunny, and stared at her. She looked so adorable, laughing without a care in the world.

Sunny calmed herself down and looked back at Taecyeon, and they started staring into each others' eyes.

Taecyeon began closing the distance between their lips, and they were about to touch when...

"Hey! Sunny-bunny! Hyung! Where're you two?"

The two new lovers sprang apart as if they were opposite poles of the magnet, and Taecyeon silently muttered, "even if Sungmin is not my rival, he still makes me mad for spoiling our moment!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Gosh. I took such a loooooooong time to update this story! I was just stuck halfway, even with the outline my flow was quite off, and I had my writer's block again. Bad bad bad... I EVEN MISSED WISHING BOTH TAENGOO AND MYSELF A HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON AFF! :( I kind of think the second half of this chapter is written pretty badly. I have not gotten back the touch yet. And I am super tired... So busy recently. *yawns*

But on to the bright side: I HAVE 80 SUBSCRIBERS! OMG! I am absolutely crazy with joy! YAY! LOVE YOU ALL! And yes. you are all my motivation, but I still think this chapter is pretty crappy... And though it is not in the next chapter, the wootae moments are coming back soon!

And the title kind of reminds me that this chapter is a "long-awaited chapter"...