And So, the Rivals

And So, I Fell in Love...

"Anyway, I didn't know you could sing," Wooyoung asked Taeyeon. He had stopped the yacht some distance from the beach, and went to sit right next to Taeyeon, who had been staring at the ocean after she finished exploring the yacht. They had been talking and making new discoveries about each other for quite some time.

"Huh? Oh! That day on stage you mean? I guess I got it from my parents," Taeyeon smiled, "what about you? Your voice was great that day too."

"Really?" Wooyoung rubbed the nape of his neck and blushed, "well. Thanks, I guess."

"Oh yeah! I just remembered. I should ask you if you've any favorite colors and food! I had a hard time choosing your cap, and since I'm your personal assistant, I should know them..." Taeyeon told him.

"I love yellow! That is my ultimate favorite color!" Wooyoung cheered, then he thought hard, "well... for food... I'm not that sure. I pretty much love all kinds of food actually."

"Really? I thought rich boys like you will be picky and choosy over their food choices..." Taeyeon exclaimed.

Wooyoung laughed, "not me. Perhaps I'm a rare breed. Well... what about you? Any favorites?"

"Me? I love Korean food. Color... Hmmm... I love purple-blue and light blue," Taeyeon replied.

Wooyoung registered her answers within his mind, so that he will never forget what she told him. Another question popped up.

"I-if you d-don't mind, what kind of guy do you like?" Wooyoung stuttered, but Taeyeon did not notice it.

"Me?" Taeyeon was a little surprised, no one had asked her this question before, "I like... guys with clean-cut hair... who are positive, humorous and best if they have broad shoulders."

"Really?" Wooyoung wrinkled his forehead, thinking hard. Does he have these traits?

 

Almost an hour later...

"Hey, I'm thirsty, you want anything to drink?" Taeyeon asked, while getting up.

"Sure," Wooyoung smiled, then thought that he could start with his plans now, "hey, I'll go get the drinks, you don't know where they're. Stay here, enjoy the scenery."

"Thanks!" Taeyeon was again surprised. Wooyoung was so different from his usual self today.

Taeyeon stood up and went near to the low railings. She closed her eyes while breathing in the surrounding air. What a nice way to relax.

When Wooyoung returned, he found Taeyeon with her eyes still closed. He carefully placed the drinks down and tiptoed towards her. Before Taeyeon opened her eyes, Wooyoung gave a loud "BOO!"

"AHHH!" Taeyeon eyes shot wide open, while she stumbled backwards. Wooyoung was happy; he was halfway through with his plans.

However, instead of just slipping backwards for Wooyoung to catch her in his arms, Taeyeon totally lost her footing. She tripped over the railings and fell into the water.

"Man!" Wooyoung grumbled when he saw that his plan went haywire. He went near the railings and shouted to Taeyeon, "why're you that clumsy?"

"I wanted you to only trip, not fall all the way into the water!" Wooyoung mumbled to himself.

"He-" Taeyeon's voice could be heard, but her words were muffled by her going underwater again.

"Aish... A great plan foiled just like that," Wooyoung was still complaining.

It was like a lightbulb flashed in his mind, as he suddenly remembered something important. He slapped his forehead and quickly jumped into the water.

He had almost forgotten...

Taeyeon could not swim.

After some tugging and splashing, he managed to save Taeyeon, who luckily was still conscious. He pulled her towards the ladder at the side of the yacht, and she climbed back onto the yacht safely.

"You okay?" Wooyoung asked gently, leaning over to look at Taeyeon, who was sitting down, trying to catch her breath.

"I'm fine now... Just don't try to kill me again..." Taeyeon replied weakly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what did you guys do just now?" Yonghwa asked, looking around at the whole group.

All six of them were eating at the restaurant right next to the seaside, so they could enjoy the seabreeze while having their dinner.

"I was shopping!" Sunny cheered.

Nichkhun shrugged, "I was just tanning on the beach."

"Well, Taeyeon and I were on the yacht, and she fell into the water," Wooyoung started, but got interrupted by Sunny.

"WHAT? Taeyeonnie! Why didn't you tell us right when you return? Are you hurt anywhere?" Sunny began fussing over her and looked around to check whether she was injured.

"No, I'm fine, don't worry," Taeyeon reassured her.

"Of course she's alright, I saved her," Wooyoung boasted.

Sunny snorted, "so? It's not as if you're the first. Taecyeon oppa had rescued his own sister when she was younger."

"I saved her before too," Nichkhun spoke up.

Everyone turned to stare at him.

"What? When?" Taeyeon asked.

Nichkhun replied, "two months ago, when you were pushed into the pool by the Vees."

Taeyeon's eyes widened. He was her savior. Nichkhun was her savior that time.

Wooyoung looked at Taeyeon's reaction and got irritated. He thought that he had been her only hero. Now it turns out everyone had been playing lifeguard before.

"You should learn swimming then! Why must you let others save you all the time?" Wooyoung snapped. He then continued with a more cheerful tone, "I know! I'll teach you how to swim!"

Sunny started laughing, "you? Please, both Uncle Ok and Taecyeon oppa tried teaching her before. Why do you think you'd be successful when they're not?"

"You~ hey Taeyeon, why're you so stupid?" Wooyoung angrily blurted out.

"HEY! No insulting!" Taeyeon retorted.

Sunny also got angry, "who're you to insult our Taeyeonnie?"

"Fine, I'm sorry," Wooyoung apologized half-heartedly.

Wooyoung straightened up and asked, "say Taeyeon, what have you never done before?"

Sunny answered before Taeyeon managed to, "I'll answer for her! She has not gone overseas... as in, not until now! Hmmm... She hasn't... Rode a bicycle... Driven a car... And... And... She hasn't did that thing with guys! Oops!"

Taeyeon's face flushed a deep red, and she started chasing Sunny around. It was lucky Yonghwa had booked the whole place for themselves, or they would have been a nuisance to the other customers.

"Hey! Stop there! Why'd you tell everyone about that?!" Taeyeon screamed at Sunny, who was still running around the tables for her dear life.

"I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry! Forgive me Taeyeonnie!" Sunny apologized.

Seohyun stood up and stopped Taeyeon from running, "that's enough you two. Come on back and sit down. Finish eating before it gets cold!"

"You didn't do it even with your ex?" the words seemed to have just sunk into Wooyoung's mind, and he asked again to confirm.

Taeyeon snapped, thinking that Wooyoung was trying to insult her for not being appealing, "yes yes yes! So what? Stop trying to insult me!"

To her surprise, Wooyoung gave a huge grin, not the type that seemed to be smirking at her, but more of... happiness.

"Wooyoung here, he is really happy, because he himself is still a . He feels that his potential girl should also be one," Yonghwa explained.

Taeyeon blushed. What potential girl? His potential girl? Why am I...?

Nichkhun looked at Taeyeon blushing at Yonghwa's words and felt a little uncomfortable, and tried to change the topic, "say, you didn't tell us where you two lovebirds went to." Nichkhun was directing his words at Yonghwa and Seohyun, who just blushed.

"Do we have to?" Seohyun asked.

 

After their dinner...

"May I have this dance?"

There was a slow song playing in the background, and Yonghwa went ahead to ask his girlfriend for a dance.

"Sure" Seohyun took his hand and smiled. They walked to an empty space meant for people to dance and started swaying to the song.

"May I have this dance? No, Yong just used that. Let's go dance. No, too forceful. Do you want to dance?" Wooyoung was thinking hard on how to ask Taeyeon to join him on the dance floor.

"Do you want to join me for a dance?"

Wooyoung's head snapped to his side as he saw his buddy asking Taeyeon. He stared at Taeyeon as if giving her a telepathic message to reject Nichkhun.

"I'd love to," Taeyeon accepted it with a smile.

"Wait!" Wooyoung stopped them.

"What?" Nichkhun asked.

"I-I errr..." Wooyoung just wanted to stop them from dancing, he had not thought that far...

"It's before 9! You're still my assistant! I need your help, come with me!" Wooyoung ordered Taeyeon, who sighed, gave an apologetic smile to Nichkhun and followed Wooyoung to a distance away from the restaurant.

"What do you want?" Taeyeon asked, irritated.

"I-I..." Wooyoung stammered, feeling nervous now that she was right in front of him, and he was actually going to ask her for the dance.

Wooyoung cleared his throat, took a deep breath, before spilling it out, "MayIdancewithyou?"

Taeyeon was confused, "wait... What? Speak clearer, will you?"

"I was asking... May I dancewithyou?" Wooyoung blabbered the last part out again.

"Sloooooweeer please."

"Ahem... May I dance with you?"

Taeyeon, upon understanding his initial question, stuttered a little, "oh... errr... Okay..."

At her words, Wooyoung's face lit up immediately, as if he was a child who just received his favourite toy. He blushed a little, making Taeyeon smile, while he moved closer to her, with his eyes focused only on her.

However, before he could take hold of her hand, Taeyeon suddenly moved away. Wooyoung instinctively grabbed onto her arms. He looked up and saw that it was Nichkhun who tried to pull Taeyeon away.

Both guys showed the other that they were not about to relinquish their grip on Taeyeon's arms, and they glared at each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

I do not know what to say...

Except...

I AM SO SORRY! I am totally not motivated! :'(

Please forgive me, my kind readers!

 

And, not sure whether it will lessen my crime of not updating for SOOOOOOOOOOOO long... Do suggest your favourite person to be the third guy who likes Taeyeon. Keep in mind that, no, he will not end up with Taengoo (kinda obvious), so make sure that you do not choose someone who ship so much that you will want to murder me (or Wooyoung) at the end of this fic. :)

So, suggest away below! I will pick the guy that most people like, if less than 5 people are going to vote, I will just use my planned guy.