And So, Meeting Her Parents

And So, I Fell in Love...

"Taengoo..."

Taeyeon slowly lifted her eyelids.

"Taengoo ah, we've reached your place," Wooyoung gently spoke to her. They had just returned from a restaurant quite a distance away, and Taeyeon was so tired from the long journey that she fell asleep.

"Who's Taengoo?" she asked her boyfriend as she stretched her limbs, while yawning a little. The three hour sleep was not enough for her to fully recover her energy.

"You, silly," Wooyoung laughed a little, "that's what I'll call you from now onwards."

Taeyeon frowned.

Wooyoung looked at her expression, and was worried, "why? Don't you like it? I can change it if you hate it so much..."

"No no... that's not it... I like it a lot... It's just that I was trying to think of what to call you..." Taeyeon explained, causing him to breathe a sigh of relief.

After a few seconds of silence, in which Taeyeon was still pondering hard, while Wooyoung was staring at his adorable girlfriend, Taeyeon suddenly shouted, "I got it! I got it!"

Wooyoung clutched his chest, trying to calm himself down, and asked, "o-okay... what is it?"

Taeyeon pointed at him and declared, "I, Taengoo, will call you, Woodong!"

Wooyoung was confused, "errr... Woodong?"

"Why? Don't you like it?" Taeyeon pouted, and gave him the Puss-in-Boots begging expression, to which he would never be able to win against.

"N-no... it's not that," Wooyoung stuttered a little, caught off guard by her sudden 'attack', "I was j-just... I was just wondering how you could think of such a cute name in such a short time!"

Taeyeon grinned widely, and hugged her boyfriend.

"You're so cute, Woodong," Taeyeon pecked him on the cheeks, causing him to blush.

She then tried to pack her items that was scattered around his car, "anyways, I shall head back now."

"Hey, wait, I've something to say," Wooyoung stopped her just as she was about to open the car door, "I was thinking... we've been together for almost four months... I was wondering whether I can... you know... meet your parents soon?"

Taeyeon was surprised. She had thought that guys would not want to meet the girlfriends' parents so quickly.

"errr... You want to meet my parents?" Taeyeon asked.

Now it was Wooyoung's turn to give her the begging expression, "Purr-lease? My Taengoo... Please please please please please..."

Taeyeon laughed at his aegyo, "fine... I'll ask them and arrange a date... most probably next weekend though. I heard that they would be busy both tomorrow and the day after."

"Sure! Thank you Taengoo..." Wooyoung smiled at her and waved while she opened her car door.

"Bye, Woodong!" Taeyeon replied before she went out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Omma, Appa! He's here!" Taeyeon shouted into the house as she walked in with Wooyoung holding her hands.

"Omo! You must be Wooyoung!" Mrs. Ok welcomed him in delight. They had all been worried for Taeyeon when she broke up with Junsu, and had been excited ever since they knew she was dating someone new.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Ok, sorry for bothering you," Wooyoung greeted Taeyeon's parents, "you have a lovely house."

"Oh... that's so sweet," Mrs. Ok smiled at him, "come on in... just make yourself at home. I'll make you some tea."

"Appa, I'll bring him to look around the house first, okay?" Taeyeon asked her father.

"Sure, I'll help your omma in the kitchen," Mr. Ok replied.

Taeyeon brought Wooyoung to look at their small balcony and some other areas in the house before stopping right outside her room, "errr... you really want to go in?"

"Why not? I'm excited to see the place you sleep every night," Wooyoung told her.

"Okay..." Taeyeon opened the door, and Wooyoung stepped in.

What he noticed first was their Polaroid photos stuck on one wall. He did not even realize that they had already taken so many photos throughout their dates. He looked around the room; it was a small, but cozy place, with a single bed at one corner, and a desk right below the only window in the room. The bedroom was bright since the curtains were not drawn shut. There was a double door cupboard near the foot of the bed, right next to the door.

To Wooyoung, Taeyeon's house was much, much smaller in size compared to his, but it was a home full of love and warmth.

"Tea's ready, Wooyoung, Tae!" Mr. Ok called out from the living room.

Taeyeon took Wooyoung by his hand, a move that still made him warm and happy inside, and brought him to where her parents were seated. They noticed how Wooyoung had waited for them to drink first before passing Taeyeon a cup, then took one for himself. It was a small action, but it meant a lot. They could tell that he was polite to his elders, and caring towards their daughter.

"I'm back! Omma, appa! Tae!" Taecyeon called out as he entered the house. He stopped in his tracks as he noticed they had a guest, and he greeted, "oh! Wooyoung, you're here?'

He sat down on an empty space on the sofa after changing, and listened to their conversation.

"Yes, and she only knows how to cook fried rice, nothing else..." Mrs. Ok told Wooyoung.

"Omma!' Taeyeon was embarrassed.

"Talking about Tae's cooking skills?" Taecyeon asked, as the rest, other than Taeyeon, nodded. He continued, "yeah, even her ramyeon is horrible..."

"YAH! OPPA!" Taeyeon glared at her own brother, who only laughed at her.

"Oh, oh... omma, appa, you know, it's such a coincidence. Wooyoung here, is the son of my boss!" Taecyeon told his parents.

Mr. and Mrs. Ok were surprised.

Mrs. Ok realized they had never asked their son who his boss was; they only knew he worked at a hotel, "wait... I forgot, which hotel was it you work at?"

"Five Seasons Hotel, you keep forgetting!" Taecyeon teased his mother, who laughed in return, "many people don't know, but it is under Wooyoung's dad's company, Jang Corporation."

"Wait... you are working for the Jangs?' Mrs. Ok asked.

"Yeah, didn't you know?" Taecyeon replied.

"Which means... you are the son of the Jangs," Mrs. Ok realized, and her expression darkened.

"Ye-eah..." Wooyoung answered.

Everyone could tell that Mrs. Ok was upset, and Mr. Ok was shifting uncomfortably.

"Get out..." Mrs. Ok muttered so softly no one could hear her.

Taeyeon asked, "omma...?"

Mrs. Ok pointed at Wooyoung and stood up suddenly, "you! Get out of my house right now!"

She grabbed Wooyoung by his arms and pulled him along with her, with everyone looking bewildered. She slammed the front door shut after throwing Wooyoung out.

"Ok Taeyeon, you better break up with that Jang boy! And you, Ok Taecyeon!" their mother glared at her son, "you never did tell me you are working for the Jangs!"

With that, she entered the master bedroom and slammed the door loudly.

Mr. Ok spoke up, "your omma... she seems to have some past with Wooyoung's mother. I'm not sure why, since she never did tell me, but she hates her. All I know is that they were close friends before, so they might have had some misunderstanding between them last time. I'll go and try to calm her down now, and Tae, you better call Wooyoung."

With that, he entered the room where his wife was still fuming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

An update! And draaaaama! The third party, okay, Donghae, is going to make his cameo appearance soon... In the next few chapters I think?