And So, the Breakup

And So, I Fell in Love...

"ring a ding dong, Taeyeonnie wake up~ TAEYEONNIE WAKE UP NOW!"

Taeyeon reached over her nightstand and switched off her handphone alarm, which her two best friends, Sunny and Seohyun, had recorded. She wore her geeky spectacles and looked at the wall clock. "Right on time!" she thought, and messaged her boyfriend, Junsu:

To: Junsu
Susu, did you sleep well? I missed you!
Are you ready for our exams later? How are
we going to meet up?

After sending the message, she went into the bathroom and took a quick bath, then she came out and wore an oversized sweater and long baggy pants. She took a look at her handphone and sighed, "Susu has not replied me yet. In fact, he has not replied me for a long time."

Taeyeon was typing another message to her boyfriend:

To: Junsu
Susu, are you still asleep? Don't be late
for the exams! After the exams, we will be
able to see each

However, halfway through the message, she received an sms and so she deleted her whole message, and read the new message.

From: Junsu
Plans cancelled.

Taeyeon read the short message, and was disappointed, so she typed a reply:

To: Junsu
What? Why? We have not seen each other for
two whole months since you said you had to
study hard for the exams! We were planning
this for a long time, why can't you make it
now?

Taeyeon was about press "send" when she hesitated. She thought for a moment and deleted the whole message, instead retyping yet another and sent it to him.

To: Junsu
Okay, I got it. Good luck for your exams later!
Do tell me if your other plans are cancelled.
I love you!

She looked around her room, which is filled with photos of her family, boyfriend and two best friends, and fixed upon the photo with her boyfriend in it, and she thought, "I miss you."

"Hey Tae! Quick, come out and have your breakfast! I will send you to school later on my bike! " Taeyeon's older brother, Taecyeon, shouted from the dining table.

"Okay oppa! I am coming!" Taeyeon took her backpack, glanced back at her boyfriend's photo again, and left her bedroom.

"Tae, good luck for your exams! We are all supporting you!" Taeyeon's mother told her, giving her a kiss on her cheeks.

"Yes my daughter, all the best!" Taeyeon's father gave her a huge bear hug, and they were joined by her mother and brother.

"Thanks, I love you guys!" Taeyeon told them while she is in the middle of their group hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks oppa, for driving me to school," Taeyeon smiled at her brother after she got off his bike.

"It's okay Tae, good luck for your exams! Aja aja fighting!" Taecyeon took the helmet from her and ruffled her hair, while giving her a wide grin.

Taeyeon said her goodbye to him and went towards the examination hall, hoping that she would be able to see Junsu before she goes inside. However, she did not manage to. Instead, she saw Sunny and Seohyun waving at her, and she ran towards them.

"Hey guys! How's your preparation? Confident on getting high scores?" Taeyeon asked when she reached them.

"I guess I am fine. What about you? You better not fail your exams, or you will let Taecyeon oppa down!" Sunny replied.

"Yeah, I know, he spent so much time trying his best to tutor me!" Taeyeon laughed.

"Listen Taeyeonnie, let's meet up after the exams," Seohyun turned to look at Sunny before continuing, "we have something to tell you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay everyone, time is up, please stop writing or you wil be penalised," the head invigilator spoke through the microphone to address all the students.

"YES! That is the end of our misery! I think I can actually pass this round!" Taeyeon told her friends, who were walking towards her.

"That sound so familiar... haven't we heard it before? After every single pop quizzes, tests, and exams that we ever had?" Sunny laughed, "but really, you need to pass this, or Taecyeon oppa will cry from having to tutor you AGAIN next year!"

"Taeyeonnie," Seohyun took in a deep breath and was about to continue when Taeyeon's message tone sounded.

"Oh, please wait for a moment, this might be important!" Taeyeon quickly took out her handphone, in hopes that Junsu had cancelled his other plans and is going out with her.

From: Junsu
Hey beautiful, let's meet up at the canteen and
we will catch a movie later!

Taeyeon's eyes widened; she could not believe what she just read. She reread the words "beautiful" repeatedly, and when she realized that she did not misread the word, she broke into a huge smile. She was ecstatic, and could not contain her teeth from showing, because it was the first time her boyfriend had used such words on her.

She looked up at her friends, and seemed to them as if she had just realized their existence.

"Did... something happen?" Seohyun asked, concerned.

"YES! I need to go to the canteen right now! See you girls!" Taeyeon gave them a quick hug each and skipped off, in the direction of the canteen.

"Hey! YAH TAEYEON! OK TAEYEON! WE HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU!" Sunny shouted, but the intended recipient was already lost in Taeyeon's lalaland.

"I am still kind of worried, I have a bad feeling about what is going to happen next. Let's go to the canteen too," Seohyun told Sunny, who nodded in reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Lee Teuk! It's great to finish our exams, isn't it?" Taeyeon cheered while skipping past her friend. She patted Boa's back and smiled at her, "Cheer up! Isn't everything so beautiful today?"

Taeyeon continued this for awhile, but halfway towards the canteen, she stopped in her tracks.

Right in front of her, there was a couple walking towards her direction; the male was holding the hand of the female, and carrying her bag.

Taeyeon rubbed her eyes, not being able to believe what she had just seen. She just received a message asking her out to the movies, and now he is with another girl? No wait, he should not even be holding the hand of another female!

At that moment, the male seemed to notice her, but he did not remove his arms from around the female... instead, he smirked.

Taeyeon tried to say something, but she was tongue-tied, all that is running through her mind was, "how could Junsu do this to me?"

"So now that you see this scene, what are you planning to do? Junsu sneered at her.

"I... I thought... I thought that you asked me to the movies? You were so sweet, calling me beautiful. Why did you change so quickly?" Taeyeon was confused by his actions.

"I asked YOU to the movies? Wait... Beautiful? Oh, I get it now," Junsu turned to the girl next to him, "no wonder you didn't receive the message I sent you, I sent to the wrong person! But it is fated that we meet in the corridor," he turned back to Taeyeon, "please, use your brains and think. Why would I ever call you beautiful?"

"You said I am beautiful? That is so sweet!" The girl gave him a kiss on his cheeks.

"But... but what about our three years together? Weren't we very happy?" Taeyeon was crying by now.

"Happy?" Junsu laughed, as if it was hilarious joke, "well, I was happy since my parents were not around, and you are acting as a free maid..."

"FREE MAID?!"

Everyone turned to the source of the shout.

"IS THAT WHAT YOU KEEP TREATING HER AS? YOU BIG FAT IDIOT!" Sunny roared.

Seohyun ran to Taeyeon, who was weak and sitting on the floor by now, and tried to console her, "we tried to tell you just now... don't cry... don't cry for someone like him..."

Sunny walked right to Junsu, who asked the girl to wait for him in the canteen in case things get ugly.

"So, what now? Shouldn't you apologise to Taeyeonnie?" Sunny asked him.

"And why do I have to?" Junsu.

Sunny glared at him, "Because. You. Hurt. Her. Feelings."

"Do ugly people like her actually have feelings? I didn't even want to be together with her if it was not for the well-known fact that she is a great cook. Come on, we aren't even like a real couple, she doesn't even allow me to be intimate with her until after our marriage!  Well, not that I actually want to be intimate with her, not to think that I would actually be marr..." Before Junsu could finish, both Sunny and Seohyun had already been in front of him and given him a tight slap on each side of his face.

Junsu held both sides of his face and walked off towards the canteen quickly, "I... I will not hit you girls back because I am a gentleman!"

Taeyeon looked at him while his figure became smaller and smaller. After he disappeared entirely from her field of vision, she broke down into tears. Sunny and Seohyun looked at each other and quickly ran to her side to hug her.

"He's just a jerk, you can find someone much better. Wait till I see him again, I will punch him once everytime I see him. I will..." Sunny broke off when Seohyun gave her the look, which is plainly telling her to "stop going on about that guy".

"Just let it all out, Taeyeonnie," Seohyun whispered to Taeyeon, who hugged her friends tighter and sobbed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~