The Date

Be My Superman.

Your POV

It’s been a month since Yixing had passed away. Since that day, I’ve already make up my mind, I hate goodbye and I don’t want to face any farewell. Even I want to make Sungyeol stay alive, no matter what it takes.

Even I just knew him for a short time; still, he leaved a scar that I can’t wash it away, forever.

Now, I try to balance myself with the new life schedule. Since I already finished my studies and waiting for a job, most of the time I used it to spend time with my father and Sungyeol.

At the morning till mid-morning, I stayed at my home helping mother decorating houses and helping father gardening. When it reached afternoon, I went to Sungyeol’s. Most of his brothers would be back at lunch hour to accompany him to eat together since he can’t afford to do his old part-time jobs. So I made a decision to accompany him and eat lunch with them every day.

I wore a simple peach jacket with turquoise printed t-shirt. A pair of sneakers and colorful jeans, I’m ready to go to Sungyeol’s today.

Ah, I forgot to tell you something. I’m going to have a date with him today.

I don’t wanna picked too fancy dress since I just wanna strolled with him in the city all day. I had planned some interesting places for us to visit.

While driving my Range Rover on the Olympic highway, I tend to get some fresh air. I pulled down the window and breathed the air of Seoul, to wash my nervousness away.

I’ve already promise Sungyeol to fetch him at his house. It’s 2 pm and I think he’s already waiting for me at his house. I speeded up, eagerly to reach at his house as fast as I can.

 

//

 

No One’s POV

 

Sungyeol was already done with his simple t-shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans. Oh yeah, and a beanie on his head too. He keeps looking at the mirror every 10 minutes. Myungsoo who were there was frustrated when he saw his brother was nervously walking here and there.

“Oi hyung, can you just sit and breathe properly?” he said without looking at nervous Sungyeol.

“I’m seriously nervous you know.” Sungyeol hissed. He went back to the mirror and checked himself again.

T-shirt, okay.

Jeans, done.

Hair, perfect.

And why he felt too nervous now?

“Have you take your medicines?”

“I don’t even take my own breakfast.”

Myungsoo pouted, “Oh please. Just because you’re nervous doesn’t mean you should skip your meals. Woohyun hyun would kill me if he knew that you haven’t take your breakfast.” He continued. He got up and went to the kitchen to make toast breads and a warm cup of milk for his brother.

He just used to be spoilt by his brothers. It bothers him a lot but although how many times he said that he doesn’t want to be treating that way, his brothers just ignored it. So, he doesn’t have choices. They don’t give him any options.

Myungsoo came with a tray of two toasted bread and a warm cup of milk. He put it on the coffee table and grabbed the remote control again. Sungyeol took a bite and put it back. Since yesterday, he doesn’t have any desire to fill up his stomach. When Hoya gave him a cup of hot chocolate milk yesterday, he threw it up at the end.

“Want me to change it with something else?” Myungsoo asked when he saw Sungyeol put the toasted bread back on the plate.

“It’s okay. I’ll go and take it myself.”Sungyeol got up and walked to the fridge. He grabbed a bottle of apple juice and drinks it all. He threw the empty bottle into the dustbin. Before the make his way out of the kitchen, he felt a sharp pain at his kidney. He took a long time to manage himself to walk again. He leaned on the walls, waiting for the pain to go away.

“Oh please. Not today. I want to make her happy, at least today.”

 

//

 

“I drive,”

“Oh I’m the one who supposed to drive,”

“No, let me drive.”

“No, this is my car. I’m driving.”

“But I’m the guy,”

“Who cares?”

Now they’re fighting. When Anna came to Sungyeol’s house, he’s already waiting for her. Now they’re fighting. Anna didn’t let him to drive and Sungyeol didn’t dare to see her driving while he was sitting next to her doing nothing.

Then comes Myungsoo. He just laughed so hard when he saw those two lovebirds were fighting at Anna’s Ranger Rover. he just standing between the door and watching those two.

“Myungsoo-ah, who do you think should be driving? Me, right?” Sungyeol suddenly asked. Myungsoo looked at Myungsoo and pointed his finger to himself. Anna was already making signs for Myungsoo to say no.

“Well, to me I’m embrass when my girlfriend is driving,” he said calmly.

“Yes!” Sungyeol already jumping happily.

“But,” Myungsoo hesitated. “Hyung, your condition isn’t good enough. So better let her drive.” He continued.

“Good answers.” Anna agreed. Sungyeol glares at both of them.

“But I want to drive Range Rover for once!” he protested. He then tried to walk away but then Anna quickly grabbed his hand.

“You can, but when you’re already okay. Totally healthy.”

“So, when do you guys wanna go? It’s already 3!”

They quickly went inside. Sungyeol waved at Myungsoo.

I hope you’re happy hyung, at least for a day.

 

//

 

They arrived at Namsan Tower. At first, Anna was refused to go there but when Sungyeol desperately asking for it, she just follows.

She parked the Range Rover at the nearest parking lot she can get. She doesn’t want Sungyeol to walk more, afraid that he might exhaust and the other consequences might happen.

She once loses him. And she doesn’t want to lose him, once again.

They went to do what Seoul couples will do when they arrive here. It’s like ritual. They would buy a pair of cute locks and wrote some ‘love notes’ on it. Everybody knows about it. There’s no use to explain here.

“Do you want to buy those locks?” Sungyeol asked suddenly when they were at shops who sell those things. Anna just shocked her head. She refused.

“Why?”

“I think it would be better if we just walk here and enjoy the nature.” She answered. Then, Sungyeol was just smiling. They walked along the garden and stopped at the water fountain. There’re a lot of children who were playing near them. Anna felt something strange when she saw those kids.

“How many kids do you want?” She was shocked with Sungyeol’s questions.

“I don’t think about it yet.”

“It’s not an answer, I supposed.”

“You know what, on this hot weather, I think we should eat ice-cream,”

“You want some?”

“I’d if you willingly to buy me one,”

“Okay. Just wait here.”

Sungyeol started too walked away from her. While waiting for Sungyeol, she walked along the garden. She walked leisurely, following her footsteps. She was happy to see the kids playing and chuckling with their parents and friends. How she wish to go back to be a child.

She stopped at a place. It was near a big playground. There’re more children there than in the water fountain area. There’s a guy who attracted her vision. There was a guy who sat at a bench while looking at something. Maybe he was looking at a guy who was capturing photos of the children using his DSLR camera.

“Kris Hyung! Come here!” Chanyeol shouted at him when he was dragged by the kids to a swing. He was forced by the kids to ride it and those kids swing it together for him. Chanyeol who was known with his happy virus, laughing loudly when he was bullied by the kids.

He was happy. The kids were happy too.  

Kris just sighed when he saw Chanyeol’s childish behavior. He was more childish than those kids. Chanyeol shouted his name again and he still refused. He refused to get up and laughing with anybody. Those kids were afraid of him. That’s why they’re more likely with Chanyeol than Kris.

Chanyeol sat on the ground and captured one of the kids who was busy decorating her sand castle. Chanyeol called Kris again and again, he refused. He just being happy to sit there and watched the kids silently.

Anna approached him as she was confident that it was Kris. At first, she doesn’t want to disturb him but there’s something she wants to ask and say. Something she’d say it is not so important.

“May I seat here?” She said. Kris was shocked to see her here. Then, come Chanyeol. She asked the same question again and Chanyeol let her sit next to Kris and he sat on the ground facing those two.

“Are you Kris hyung’s friend?” Chanyeol asked. “I’m Chanyeol.” He introduced himself.

“What do you want?” Kris asked, harshly. She didn’t shock with it. It was something that she can predict from Kris.

“I just wanna say sorry. How are you?” she inquired.

“Like what you see,” Kris said and began to be silent again.

“When do you two met?” Chanyeol interfere.

“She was there when Yixing had gone,” Kris answered. She just smiled to Chanyeol as the answer was being said by Kris.

“So, are you still sad?”

“Is that a question? Should I respond to that question?”

“Hyung, just don’t be harsh.”

“I just met Lay in a short time. I’m sorry. I don’t know he likes me. I’m sorry.”

Kris just smirked when he heard her words. “Nah, sometimes we will abandon one thing when we get the new one, or we get back what we used to have.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Is that worth for saying it repeatedly to me?”

“That’s all I can do.”

“No, you can do more than that. But it just too late.”

Chanyeol felt so awkward when he was between those two. Seems like Kris still cold to her. Why would he be like that? Is it because of Yixing?

“I know it’s too late.” She said and it’s sounds like she was whispering. Kris got what she said. She lowered her head and pretended to see her foot. Chanyeol just stay quiet and watched them.

“Well, I don’t really mad at you. Yixing had reminded me don’t I ever be mad at you on anything. See, he loves you. It’s just my character, I was born to be cold to anyone I don’t know.” Kris explained one by one. Chanyeol was a bit relieved. Kris was smiling, at the end.

“Sometimes I felt like I deserved to be treated like that. Yeah, I wasn’t with him when he was sick while he was with me when I’m crying tho’,”

Anna gave a smile to Kris. She was relief. Kris wasn’t mad at her and she knew Lay wouldn’t do the same.

“So you guys want to eat dinner for the last time?” Chanyeol suggested when he thought everything was going well.

“For the last time?” Anna asked in curiosity.

 “I’m going back to Canada in a week. There’s no reason for me to stay here anymore,” Kris explained.

“And you wouldn’t come back?”

“Well, I don’t know. Feels like I don’t have anything here.”

“You have me,” Chanyeol sounds disappointed.

“I know but you’ll always travel here and there. You left me months alone in Seoul.”

“Whatever it is, good luck on where you are. I know you would do well in everything.”

“And don’t cry again. Yixing hates it.”

Kris gave his hand to her. They greeted each other properly. Chanyeol also wanted to do a big hug but Kris stopped him quickly.

“Your boyfriend,” Kris pointed his finger in a direction.

Anna looked at it. She was Sungyeol was there, smiling while holding two cones of ice-cream. Chanyeol ran to him and asked him to join them. Sungyeol met Kris for the second time.

“I’m sorry, I just bought two.” Sungyeol apologized. Kris waved his hands, giving sign that it was okay. Anna holds his arms in blessing. Kris just does a half smile. Chanyeol on the other side, smiling brightly even he doesn’t know who he is.

“I’m going to Canada next week. Take care of your health.” Kris bowed to Sungyeol. He does the same. And what most amazingly, Kris was the one who ask first about hug. Anna laughed when three of them hugging each other.

“Take care,” Sungyeol said before the farewell comes. Chanyeol bowed, Kris just smiling. 4 of them had to go to separate ways. Luckily, Kris gave his address in Canada and asks them to come over one day.

It was a good thing, to them. To Yixing and to everyone.

 

//

 

It was about midnight when Anna drove her car slowly to Sungyeol’s house. After they went to Namsan Tower and they met Kris and Chanyeol, they headed to Coex building and roaming all over Seoul famous places. They ate seafood spicy noodles in one of the famous market at the downtown.

Yeah. They’re tired. Even Sungyeol were sleeping next to her now. She slowly came out from her car and walked to Sungyeol’s house. She saw Woohyun, Hoya and Myungsoo chilling at their lawn. They just sitting on a bench that they made themselves while Myungsoo was playing his guitar and Hoya was singing with Woohyun.

“Ahnyeonghaseyo,” she bowed. Myungsoo stopped playing his guitar. Woohyun and Hoya went straight into silent. She just laughed when she saw their shocking reaction.

“O-o-oh, welcome home.” Woohyun shuttered. “Just alone?” he continued.

“Where’s Yeol hyung?” Myungsoo asked.

She took a sit with them. Hoya gave her some space. She looked tired, everyone realized that.

“He’s in the car, sleeping.” She explained. Then a loud happy laughed fill up the silent night. Woohyun, Hoya and Myungsoo can’t hide their excitement.

“What are you two doing all day?” Hoya asked with his laughed.

“Roaming all over Seoul?” She responded while raising one of her eyebrows.  “You guys should wake him up.”

“Myungsoo had gone there,” Dongwoo informed. He just came out from the house when he heard those boys were laughing crazily. Then, he saw Myungsoo who went outside.

“Oh, ahnyeong Oppa.” She bowed. Dongwoo ruffled her hair lovingly like she was his sister.

“Aigooo” Hoya said when he saw Sungyeol walked into the lawn. Sungyeol looked really tired as he was holding to Myungsoo’s shoulder for the whole time.

“I’ll go in. I love you.” Sungyeol said weakly as he was too tired that night. Anna just smiled. She knew and she let it be. There’s nothing to be hurt for.

“I’ll make a leave. Good night,” she said when Sungyeol had already gone inside with Myungsoo. All of the boys just smiled and waved to her.

That night, she was just smiling along the way home. She never felt this kind of feeling for a very long time. Seems like the flowers start to bloom again.

 

I’m sorry for not updating for a very long time! I don’t have any better ideas nowadays. As you guys reading this, I’ve done another story.  Please looked at it and support the story like what you’ve done in Be My Superman.

I’m willingly to hear your opinions on that story~! Here’s the link;

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/461330/kill-angst-exo-yixing-kris

Enjoy reading!