He answered my prayers.

Be My Superman.

 

Sungjong’s POV

“Yah, let’s go. Someone will catch us soon.” I said that to my friends, L.Joe who was drinking the soju with Taemin. My other friends, Pyo and Daehyun were smoking leisurely at the bench. I would be so dead if one of my brothers saw me skipping school. I would end up at my own grave if Hoya and Sunggyu hyung caught me.

But, I’m not smoking. I’m just accompany them skipping school. That’s all. I’m fed up with my school life when I had to face a lot of things these days. Hoya hyung and Anna noona were had a big war fight, Sunggyu hyung frustration, Sungyeol and Myungsoo hyung were sick and ended up in the ward. Geez, I can’t face everything right now.

Let me clamed myself…with my own way.

“Yah, Sungjong-ah, why would you be so afraid? Relax and chilled! There’s no one would caught us!”

I glared at Taemin. Uh-oh, he started to drunk.

“Yah, you’re drunk already? You just drink 2 and a half of the soju!” Pyo mocked him. He also started to quaff the soju fearlessly. I just sat next to L.joe while eating my favorite dried seaweeds.

I’m not a bad boy. They aren’t bad boys. They were just being themselves. The ways there are. 

L.joe, a good looking boy also an A-list Kingka in my school along with my brother, Myungsoo. But they’re both aren’t in a good relationship. I don’t know why. He was a rich typical kid who were live without parents, just live with his hundreds servants. That’s why he being likes this, after her mother’s death.

Taemin. Just by looking at his innocent look, everyone doesn’t seem think he would be like this. Ha always skipping classes, skipping school, fighting with some gangsters and so on. He’s my best friend. My loyal best friend since I was in the kindergarten. All my brothers know him very well but they don’t like him. Maybe because of his wild behavior that doesn’t suits his face. He was great in everything. He can dance randomly of any songs, he hang out with strangers and he could be a good fighter. He’s the one that I adore the most in my gang.

Pyo and Daehyun. They were siblings. Or maybe I should say them twins. Just like Sungyeol and Myungsoo hyung.  They were non-identical twin. Pyo was the oldest. Daehyun was the dorky one. They just moved here five months ago. At first, I don’t like Pyo because of his deep voice that doesn’t even suits his face. But when I met them and hang out with them, I realized that we all had a ‘special chemistry’. They also some bunch of rich kids along with L.joe.  But they were same like me, both of their parents died when they were 8. Now, they lived with their brothers, Zico and Yongguk.  They aren’t scared of anything because they’re the brothers of Zico and Yongguk, the leader of Dragon king, one of the most furious gangster in this neighborhood.

“Yah, you know what, I’m fearless. I’m not scared of anything. So, if somebody tried to nagged at us or caught us, use our fist.” Pyo said that calmly as nothings were happen. I saw everyone who passed this park looked down on us. But yeah, my friends. They aren’t so cared about the others.

“Don’t be bragging too much. They aren’t always luck stuck with us.” I said while looking at the others. But as expected, the only responded that I got was laughing. They laughed so hard on my words.

“Yah Sungjong, you know what? You’re the wisest friend that I ever met. You’re the one that make friends with me not because of my money but because of friendship. I love you~!”

L.joe who was drunk held his hands across my shoulders and hugged me tightly until I can’t even breathe properly. I tried to let go of it but I just can’t. His strength, I just can’t get over it.

“Yah, you stink. I’ll go home when twenty past 3. Maybe Hoya hyung would be at the front gate waiting for me.” I said to Pyo who was not drunk and he was looking at my gaze. He just nodded and continued to swallow up the bitter smoke deep into his lungs.

“Well, maybe I just wait for you here, Maknae.”

GULP.

I know that voice. I’m so familiar with that voice. Only my brothers called me with that name.

“Oh, Ahnyeong Hoya hyung!” suddenly, drunken Taemin shouted that name. I just froze up at my place. I’m really afraid to look back but Pyo patted my back gently and his gaze asking me to look back no matter what.

“H-H-Hyung” I said with hesitate. I saw his angry face turned red.

God answered my words. Now, I’m definitely dead. So, yeah.

“Its school’s over?” Hoya hyung launched a stupid yet innocent-looking question toward us. Taemin and L.joe laughed out loud. I can’t even say anything. I can’t even smiled or doing something.

“YOU, SUNGJONG. COME BACK WITH ME. NOW.” He ordered me to follow him with an anger tone. I obediently took my bag and started to follow him. But just after I took a few steps away from my friends but L.joe grabbed my leg tightly.

“Where the hell do you think you’re going Sungjong-ah?” he growled. I looked at Hoya hyung. Geez, he started to mad.

Hoya hyung came back and tried to let go L.joe’s hand. First try, failed. Second try, failed too.

“YAH, LET GO OF HIM YOU WRENTCH” He barked. Daehyun tried to pull L.joe away.

PANG! I felt a sharp pain at my cheeks.

“Is this thugs are you wanna friends with? Are you crazy Sungjong-ah?!”

He pointed his finger to my friends.

I just let him barked at me. I know I am the one who was mad mistakes right now. I deserved it.

“Hyung, I am the one who asked him to join us. I’m sorry.”  Pyo apologized to Hoya hyung. Hoya hyung just glared at him without words.

I can’t even believe myself when I saw Hoya hyung threw a punch to Pyo. Daehyun stood up and tried to end up the fight. I can’t even stop my brother.

Daehyun pulled away Pyo behind him, defending his brother from my brother. “Stop it, you crazy dog.”

“What did you say?” Hoya barked at him. Daehyun seems not afraid of my brother like I am.

“Stop it here or I’ll make you suffers later.” Daehyun grinned to him, trying to mocking him.

Hoya hyung without hesitate threw another punch towards Daehyun. But thank God, he managed to dodge.

“Go away before I make you.” Daehyun warned him. I’ve never seen that side of Daehyun actually.

“Hyung, let’s go.” I begged. I don’t want my brother fight with my friends. No, never.

Hoya hyung walked away. I followed him. I greeted Pyo and Daehyun and asking for forgiveness upon behalf of my brother. Pyo just smiled at me, letting go of everything.

----------

 

At home – No one POV

Hoya opened up the door roughly and he just threw the plastic bag that full with the ingredients that Woohyun asked him to buy just now. He shouted at Sungjong who was standing behind him. With tears forming on his face, Sungjong obediently sat on the couch while lowering his head.

Woohyun came out from the kitchen along with you confusingly. They were cooking some simple dishes while waiting for Hoya to come back. You were startled when your eyes met Hoya’s gaze. Woohyun pulled you back behind him, defending you from Hoya. You just stayed back there silently.

“I’m not gonna hurt her. So don’t worry too much, hyung.” said Hoya calmly to Woohyun. But Woohyun still hesitated to him. He just let you stayed behind him.

“What’s going on? Why would Sungjong be here right now?” Woohyun asked. He threw many questions toward that angry fierce man. Hoya let out a heavy yet regretting sound sighed. Sungjong were still like that, lowering his head with say a word.

“I caught him skipped his school just now. This wrench, he should just go to hell.”

“Hoya, stop cursing.” Woohyun warned him. He went to Sungjong and held up his brother’s face. He was so surprised when he saw Sungjong’s lips were bruised and swallow. He gave a killer gaze to Hoya.

“I just gave him a light punch. That’s all.” Said Hoya innocently. He rose his shoulders as a sign that the punch was nothing.

“Yah, Jonggie. It’s that true?”

You just started at the brothers’ conversation. You went straight to the kitchen and returned with a bowl of hot water and a towel. You sat next to Sungjong and turned his face to you. He was so surprised of your actions. Hoya moved a step closer but Woohyun’s arm stopped him.

“Sungjong-ah, let noona clean up your wound. Come here.” You started to clean up those wounds. Woohyun and Hoya stayed aside and let you managing their brother.

“Oppa, can you take out the first aid?” You asked to both of them.

“Sure, sure” Woohyun ran to the kitchen quickly. Then he came back with a box of first aid in his hands.

He lends it to you. “Well, I’m gonna cook first. Sunggyu hyung would be back in an hour. You Sungjong, go hide somewhere. We don’t have to burden him much with all those problems. Hoya, your role is to shut your mouth. I’m accepting the punch that you gave it to him, so he didn’t try to do it again.”

He walked away. You were still besides Sungjong. Now there’s only the three of you in the living room. You told yourself thousand times, ‘there’s nothing to be afraid of.’

You continued to wipe of the bloods on Sungjong’s face. Hoya sat in front of both of you. He gave a confusing gaze to you. But you were just ignored in and focusing on Sungjong.

“Noona….” You heard Sungjong called your name. You looked at his eyes.

Suddenly, he bowed deeply in front of you and that’s what makes you and Hoya popped out your eyes.

You forced him to get up quickly but he froze himself. “No, you don’t have to do this. Don’t bow to me.”

“Get up now!” Hoya growled was a bit terrified to you. He stood up slowly and sat back at his usual position.

“I’m sorry hyung.”

Then he bowed again. At this time, in front of Hoya.  

Hoya kneeled in front of him while his hands forcing Sungjong’s head up.  He looked deep inside Sungjong’s teary eyes.

“I’m sorry for the punch, Jong-ah.” He said softly. He isn’t using his furious tone like always.               

Sungjong break into tears. Just by looking at that scene, you sometimes wanna cry too. 

Hoya grabbed Sungjong and hugged him tightly. Sungjong were sobbing on his brother’s chest.

“I’m sorry. You can punch me if you wish.” He whispered gently to Sungjong’s ear.

That was the side of Hoya’s that I never see. He had a gentle warm heart towards his brothers. The one that you might not get from him, definitely.

He looked at you. You were so startled but you were controlling yourself.  In a moment, Hoya gave you his sweet, warm smile that you never imagine owning. You just froze at your place.  

Am I dreaming or something?