The promises.

Be My Superman.

 

No One POV

They just sat and froze themselves outside of the room. They heard screams inside but everyone doesn’t dare to enter, even the oldest.

He arrived late after send Anna away home. He got an emergency call from Woohyun, telling him to be there as soon as possible.

Myungsoo was tearing up silently next to the oldest. He leaned his head on the wall, trying to get courage but he couldn’t. The screams, it was so painful for him to hear that.

Dongwoo and Hoya linking arm each other and sat near the oldest without any words. They heard the screams and sobbing. Even the bad temper Hoya couldn’t help himself to face what happened inside.

Passerby who walked pass the room just look weirdly at the window, wonder what happened inside. No one would dare to open the room up except the nurses who were always in and out of the room, helping him to calm down. They had called the doctor in charge, which is Minho, their friends. But he still didn’t show up. He was trapped in a traffic jam.

 “WHY DO I HAVE TO DO ALL THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

They heard the scream again. It’s has been the tenth times they heard the same thing. The nurses can’t do anything. They have to wait for the doctor; listen to his obeys and then could take the actions. They can’t help him.

“Can I enter at least? He won’t harm me.” Myungsoo stood up and came in front. Sunggyu went to him and tapped his shoulder.

“No. let him be. He’ll stop once he’s tired.” He said and forcing the dongsaeng to sit again next to him.

Then Sunggyu talked to the two nurses who were anxiously looking what’s going on inside through the small window.

“Can you just leave him?”

“No sir. He must go to the dialysis sessions now. Doctor Lee will come here in few minutes.”

Sungyeol. He’s the one who cause the whole thing. He made the normal hospital became a mental hospital at once. His screams make the whole 4th floor became noisy. Lots of patient complaint about it and asked the hospital to do something. He really frustrated right now. He couldn’t do anything but he had to do everything what they said. He really misses his girl so bad. He really misses his girlfriend and he wanted to meet her but they won’t let him do it. That’s why, he was mad like that.

Then, a tall white-skin young doctor came to them in hurry. He wore his white coat while running to the room. The nurses quickly asked him to enter the room. The screams were off since 5 minutes ago. Maybe Sungyeol was tired enough screaming and slamming things inside.

Sunggyu walked in with Minho. He doesn’t let anyone go inside for a while. It’s better if he walks in first rather than anyone. He was really afraid that Sungyeol might hurt them. That’s why, its okay if he gets hurt, not his brothers.

When they walked in, they saw Sungyeol leaning his back on the wall and sobbing. The entire room was mess up. The room looks like it just having a great earthquake experience. Minho ordered the nurses to clean up the room while he dealing with the patient. Sunggyu just ignored them. He walked slowly to his brother and kneels down in front of his brother.

“Sungyeol-ah, why are you being so pathetic like this?” he said with a deep sorrow voice. He kneels down in front of his brother and keeps his head low. He tried enough to endure the tears.

Sungyeol glared at him. His eyes were on fire. He couldn’t believe his destiny right now. Why would he should be like this? Why won’t anyone else? Why should him?

Minho stands silently near them. He wouldn’t dare to interrupt the sibling’s conversation. He was informed by one of the nurses that Sungyeol were having a great emotion disorder since yesterday. The suddenly noticed that Sungyeol’s hand were covered by bloods. He quickly picked the first-aid box near the door and wrapped the wounded. Sunggyu seems shocked with it. He didn’t realize that Sungyeol hurt himself like that.

“Yeol-ah, throw your tantrums to me. Don’t harm yourself. Beat me, kick me if you want to.” At last, he lost with his own self. He lost by a drop of tears. He cried. His ego couldn’t help him endure the tears. At the end, he shows to Sungyeol that he doesn’t strong enough as a hyung.

“Yeol-ah, just endure this for a while and everything would be fine again. Just a little more and you’ll be healthy again.”

He grabbed Sungyeol’s hands and held it tight. Sungyeol were crying too. He cried too much today. He couldn’t even smile to anyone, even to himself. He couldn’t. He started sobbing when he saw his hyung cried crazily because of him.

“Why do I have to face all this hyung?” Sungyeol said, weakly while watching at the night skies through the window.

“Sungyeol-ah, I’ll find you the donor. I’ll promise. I’ll try to make you happy again.” Minho opened up his mouth at last after being silent for a long time between them. Sungyeol really looked pathetic. He’s so miserable.

“Why He choose me hyung? Why I’m the one who should suffer like this?”

Sungyeol grabbed his head and bring it down. He screamed as loud as he could in front of them. The scream seems, too much painful and too much sorrow. He couldn’t let himself to stop crying. He wanted to die so bad. He doesn’t want to be the burden to the family. He couldn’t let Sunggyu, his brother crying again because of him. He couldn’t. He shouldn’t. He wouldn’t.

Suddenly, Myungsoo dash into the room. He looked at his miserable hyung. he saw Sunggyu hyung crying. He saw the room was mess up. He saw Minho hyung sat near them with a sad face. Myungsoo took heavy steps and went to them. He bowed deeply in front of Sungyeol. Sungyeol were so shocked. Same goes to Sunggyu and Minho.

“Do you still remember the day you beg to me like this? Do you remember you kneel down in front of me like this? Do you remember you’re crying like a crazy because you wanted me to speak again? Do you still remember when you’re having a bad fever today; I’ll have flu tomorrow and we would lie on the bed with you all day? When you fall, I’ll fall too. When you think wanted to die so bad, same goes to me. Do you remember it hyung?” Myungsoo babbling all that without held his head up but everything he said was really clear to Sungyeol’s ears. He heard everything what his brother said.

Myungsoo was finally facing his brother. He looks at his brother’s pale face that was covered by nose fluids and tears. He looks really ugly.

“You know hyung, you’re not alone. You have us. You have me, you have Minho hyung, you have Sunggyu hyung, and you have everyone. You know why He chooses you to suffer like this? Because he loves you more than anyone, more than me. He doesn’t love me like you do. You see? He doesn’t give me the pain as bigger as you. You’re the chosen one. He blessed your life. I’ll be with you forever hyung. I never let you suffered alone. I wanted to suffer like you. I don’t care about my social life anymore. All I wanna do is be with you all day long. Remember? You said this when our parents died in that accident. It was just two months. You didn’t go to school or even play with your friends. You stayed all day long with me. You didn’t hang out with your friends and everyone ended up abandoned you. But you didn’t cry or regrets. You said to me, as long as you still have me, you still have our family you would be happy. Why don’t you think like that hyung? You can be happy with me, with our family just like we used to.”

Sungyeol didn’t say anything. He couldn’t say anything. He hugged Myungsoo and cried in his own brother’s embrace. He’s too stupid. He’s really stupid. Sunggyu and others came into the room. They began to hug each other. All of them. All of them tearing up and at the end, they laugh. They see Sungyeol’s smile again. They wiped away those tears.

They don’t need anyone even when the worlds hate them. All they need the love. The pure love from a person called family.

“Just remember, when you think that you gonna fall again, there always somebody are ready to catch you and falls together. We’re one family. One falls, everyone falls together.”

“We’ll be there for you. We promise, we’ll not let you be alone in this hospital or wherever you are. That’s our promise.”

“I’ll accompany you every time you should the dialysis. I’ll spend my days with you.”

“I’ll cook everything you want. I promise.”

He smiled. They were relieved that they saw he’s smiling again. He didn’t say much. He just heard what his brothers babbling and promising to him. He didn’t care. As long as they still with him, and he’s not alone, he’s fine.

“But you have to promise us one thing,”

Dongwoo stood up. His face looked so serious. He didn’t smile or laugh as usual.

Everyone gave their attentions on him. Even Sungyeol looked at him without words. Definitely, Dongwoo’s word was for him.

“Keep doing the treatments. You can’t skip them, even once.”

“Okay. As long as you guys still with me, I’m ready.”

This time, the oldest interrupted, “And you have to promise me, don’t be mad like this again.”

“I can’t promise,”

He can’t promise. He even can’t control his own mind. We shall see then.