Day to shine, night to cry.

Be My Superman.

 

No One’s POV

That morning, Minho called his sister but she didn’t pick it up. Then, he called her mother and informed her that Sungyeol is already awake.

When Mrs. Lee wakes her daughter up, she was glowing when she heard Sungyeol is awake. She quickly asked her mother to cook some kimbap, porridge and some egg rolls. Her mother was a bit weird but when she says that she wanna give it to her friend, her mother just nodded.

She wore a simple long sleeves t-shirt that has ‘BOY LONDON’ on it. With a pair of red skinny jeans and black converse shoes, she tied up her hair into bun style. She went down and joined her mother and her brother who were happily taking their meals.

“Where’s dad?” she asked and took a sit next to Yunho. “Morning,” she greeted.

She was served with omelet rice and a warm glass of milk. She took a bite and eat it until finish every single thing. After that, her mother said to her, “Dad is waiting for you at the garage. You better go,”

She was confused a bit, but she went to the garage with some kind of nervous feelings. After a while, Yunho came and joined her. It is more weirder when Yunho gave her that some kind of smile.

What’s wrong today?

She opened up the garage’s door and saw her dad was there, standing while arranging some stuffs. She doesn’t even know this kind of place exist in this house. Her dad kissed her forehead before pulled her to some big space, a place where they parked their cars.

“Why dad?” she asked. Mr. Lee just smiled.

She looked at Yunho. He’s smiling brightly too.

“Opened that.” Her dad pointed her at something. Some kind of big thing that was covered with a big cloth. What is it?

When she pulled the cloth down, she screamed until both her dad and her brother had to close their ears because of her high pitch screaming.

“DADDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!” She screamed and hugged her dad in joy. Mr. Lee was brighten when he saw his daughter was happy that way.

“Happy? You like it?” he asked.

“TOTALLY I AM!” she jumped around in joy. She never knew that her dad will surprised her with this.

“I knew you like Range Rover.” Yunho smirked. “Of course I am!” she replied, in a loud happy voice.

Her mother that joined the three of them. Once she saw her mother walking to the garage, she quickly pulled her aside. Taemin was there, when he actually just awake and heard her sister’s screamed. All of them were at the garage, except Minho.

“Wow Dad! I never thought you would give Noona Range Rover!” Taemin said, unbelievable. Yunho pulled him to his side and smile.

“I’ll give you one, when you enter the university,” he smirked. Taemin looked at him with big eyes, “Really hyung?”

“I can, right dad?” Yunho said while looking at his dad. Mr. Lee just smiled. He was too happy being hug by his own daughter and his wife.

“The foods were there. Go and picked it up before you go.” Mrs. Lee remind Anna again, afraid that her daughter will forget everything in this happy hour.

“Going to the hospital again?” Taemin, Yunho and Mr. Lee asked at once.

She chuckled, “Yes! Can I drive this right now dad?”

“Sure,” Her dad quickly nodded.

“Noona, can I follow?” Suddenly Taemin asked, when she about to go back inside and picked up the foods.

She turned around and gave him warm smile, “Sure, go change yourself. I’m waiting outside.”

“Don’t wanna follow them, Yunho?” Their mother asked Yunho who was absurdly looking at the brand new black range rover.

“No. I have to go to Busan for a day after this.” he smiled weakly and walked away. Probably to take his meals again.

“Isn’t he had too much work to do?” Mrs. Lee asked Mr. Lee who was looking at his daughter’s car. Now, there are only them who were there, at the quiet garage.

“No, he can’t stop now.” Mr. Lee seriously said.

 

//

“Noona! Slow it down will you?!” Taemin was totally freak out when he experienced himself how his sister drove the car, in joy.

Anna leisurely drove her Range Rover on the road. Taemin can calm down a bit, when her sister slow down a bit. The interior design of the car was cool. It’s wasn’t too feminine, but sporty. The Black Range Rover was shining brightly under the sky. The seats were comfy and Taemin was a bit jealous with her sister about this.

“Seriously you don’t mind to follow me, Taemin-ah?” Anna asked, when they were about to enter the hospital area.

“You asking me when we’re already arrived here, Noona?” he responded.

Both of them chuckled.

She parked her car next to a red shiny Audi R8. The driver didn’t come out, since the engine was still there. Taemin looked at his right. That shiny red Audi making him more jealous.

She shut down the engine, picked her bag and went out. Taemin also went out, but grabbed the foods in the bag at the bag before he went to her sister. He looked at the Audi again before ran to her sister who was far ahead from him.

 

//

 

Woohyun sued the straw to the thirsty Sungyeol. He was the first one who came here when Minho called them that Sungyeol was awake. Woohyun just went here with Dongwoo. They didn’t tell Sunggyu because Sunggyu was too tired, and they decided to make him rest for a day.

Dongwoo sat on the couch near them. He took out the newspaper that he bought earlier before came here from his backpack. He read it thoroughly. Woohyun put the mug aside. He cleans it up before put it back again, back to its place.

“Do you want anything else?” he asked. Sungyeol just giving a signal telling him he doesn’t need anything else.

With a slow, weakly tone he said “I’ll tell you later…let me sleep,”

“Okay. Go to sleep. Rest yourself,”

Dongwoo put down his newspaper after they’re in silent about 30 minutes. Woohyun looked at him when he realized that Dongwoo didn’t read the newspaper again.

“Give me if you don’t wanna read it,” Woohyun whispered and tried to grab the newspaper from Dongwoo.

“Don’t you think he’s moody right after the surgery?” Dongwoo inquired and immediately stopped Woohyun from what he’s doing.

“He stills can’t accept that he needs to live with his one kidney, maybe.”  Woohyun gave his opinion. Dongwoo looked like he can accept it.

“This is his fate, what can we do anyway?”

Dongwoo’s words make both of them drowning into the heavy silent.

 

//

Anna slides the door carefully without making any sounds. Sungyeol probably can’t be disturbed by noisy sound. She didn’t manage to meet his brother since Minho had a emergency case to be handle and need his help. So, she went to the ward straight ahead with Taemin.

Woohyun who heard the door, quickly stood up to look who it is. When their eyes met, he quickly bowed. She bowed to Woohyun too, same goes to Taemin.

Dongwoo stood up, curious of the guests when Woohyun didn’t appeared from the other side of the wall. He brightly smiles to the guests when he saw them came with a big bags.

“What is it?” Woohyun asked and lend a hand to Anna, to help.

Anna gave it to him, “its foods, for Sungyeol.”

“For us?” Dongwoo asked suddenly.

Anna laughed under her breath, “I’ll cook you guys like before, another day.”

Woohyun looked at Taemin. Taemin quickly bowed, as a sign of respect of a senior.

“Your brother, Anna?” Dongwoo asked and grabbed Taemin’s shoulder happily.

Anna nodded. Woohyun lead them to Sungyeol. He put the bag of foods aside and pulled her hand softly to the bed.

 “Is he sleeping?” she whispered to Woohyun’s ear.

“About 5 minutes ago, before you came here.” Woohyun explained.

“How’s he?”

“He’s a bit moody,”

“Why?”

“What do you feel when you need to live with only one kidney and doesn’t know when the donor will come and donate you a kidney for yourself?”

Anna lowered down her head. She understands that. Sungyeol might be a bit down when now he realized that he needs to adapt himself to live with just a kidney.

“How long he does gonna live with a kidney?”

“We don’t know. Minho hyung said that his other kidney was about getting worst. They will find another one sooner.”

She let out a heavy sighed. Why Sungyeol had to face all of this?

 

//

Kris was down on his knees. Everyone was looking at him.

He doesn’t care. By hook or by crook, he needs to do something, before it’s too late.

“Why did you do all this? Don’t you have a life?” A middle-age woman was hissed angrily when she saw Kris stubbornly stay there and don’t wanna moved even an inch.

“Aunty, Please for once. Please, before it’s too late,” Kris appealed.

It’s was Lay’s mother he’s now facing with. He had been at Lay’s house early in the morning after he went to the hospital. He didn’t go inside and meet Lay but when to his house, to beg. He doesn’t care. Lay’s health is getting worst.

And, he knew Lay doesn’t need anything. All he needs the most was his devoted dearly mother who was there by his side when he was fighting alone with his illness. Even when Kris was there or their friends were they, he didn’t feel happy. But he didn’t let it out. He kept it all by himself even Kris obviously saw it.

“What’s the point of having a useless child like him? For God sake, I don’t want a sick person like him in my house. For God sake again, all I need just my only son, Xiumin who I can rely on.” She replied rudely and forcing Kris to get out of her house. The maid was frightened at the back when she feels that something big might happen between both of them. Yima, a faithful maid who had been serving with this family for a decade. She knew about Lay. She’s the one who babysitting him when he was a baby until he went to high school. She’s like the second mother of Lay and Xiumin. She wanted to visit Lay so much since he was there but because of the Lady, she can’t.

“Yima! Bring this kid out of my house! Now!” Lay’s mother shouted at the maid loudly until Kris had to close one of his ears because of it.

Yima carefully went to them from the other side of the wall. When she was about to go to the Lady, she saw the Master, Xiumin was climbing down the stairs. With his clumsy head, she knew that Xiumin just got up.

“Ma, what’s wrong?”  A husky big voice greeted them. Yima didn’t look because she knew that Xiumin was there.

“Oh you, Kris.” He said. Kris greeted him, but then being pushed by his mother.

“Ma!” He helps Kris to get up. Kris didn’t give a on it. Whatever it is, this matter should be settle down before it’s too late.

“Are you on his side now Xiumin?” She barked. She really mad when she saw Xiumin helped Kris to get up. What’s wrong with him anyway?! Yima also tried to give a hand to Kris. He smiled when he saw Yima was smiling at him.

“Can I say something Aunty? Why did you abandon Lay? For whose sake? Actually, when you said that you can rely on Xiumin Ge, I think you’re afraid if something.” He stops for a while letting out the pain from his heart.

Xiumin was patiently waiting. He knew that Kris had many things to say.

“You afraid of saying goodbye, isn’t? But Aunty, have you ever heard someone said this, ‘If you brave enough to say goodbye God will give you a new hello?’ Yixing needs you, aunty. He needs his family by his side. He’s getting worst day by day. Please, before it’s too late.”

She got up and slapped Kris cheek. Xiumin stopped her and Yima pulled her away. She fights in Yima’s embraced. She really mad now.

“GET OUT!” She barked again. The voice was risen from one to hundred.

“Ma! Can we just accept the fact that he’s sick? I’ve been enduring for the rest of the year. Somehow I can endure and accept anything but now it’s not anymore. He’s still a brother to me, a son to you. Why Me? Why?”

“Stop it! You said before that you’ll stay with me no matter what? Remember how’s your Baba treated you like the way he treated that sick kid? You said to me before you’ll not gonna stay with him, and stay with me. Why now you’re switching sides with me?!”

“I’ve already done my jobs, Ma. I’ve already saving the company and this house. I’ve done what Baba wants me to do. I’ve settle down everything. Now please Ma, I don’t wanna live like this anymore.”

“Get out! Get out! EVERYONE GET OUT!” She threw everything in front of her eyes. Kris, Yima and Xiumin quickly hide themselves. Xiumin pulled Kris and Yima out from the house.

“I’ll talk to her. Now go. I’ll come visiting Yixing after this.”

Kris brightly went to his Audi. Hopefully everything would be fine, like before.