The face of surprise

The competition

Baekhyun walked into the lunch hall to find four of his five friends sat at a table, munching down their food. Suho still seemed to be huffing a little but Sehun was grinning so he couldn’t have gotten told off too badly. Baekhyun and Sehun had been forced to spend their break cleaning some lockers that had been gratified as a detention for running in the hall ways. Baekhyun was extremely angry at the time, it was just running, and nobody had been hurt. Neither of them had said anything however because with the foul mood that Mr Yang was in it was lucky that they weren’t having their detention run through lunch as well. Baekhyun approached the table, wincing slightly at the glares that Kai and Kyungsoo were sending his way. He sighed as he flopped down into the chair opposite them. He sat beside Sehun who was eating obliviously; Suho was opposite Sehun looking appalled at his manners. Baekhyun decided to speak before the two headed monster could bite his ears off.

“Before you say anything, I didn’t tell either of you because both of you told me not to tell the other! You can’t be angry when you told me to do it it’s your fault not mine!” Baekhyun raised one eyebrow and nodded his head slowly in a very, ‘you know I’m right’ sort of way. Kai and Kyungsoo turned to each other and pouted before turning back to Baekhyun.

“Fine.” Kai grumbled.

“You’re off the hook.” Kyungsoo finished.

Baekhyun laughed and shook his head lightly. Kai and Kyungsoo then decided that it would be a good time to have a quick make out session…while everyone was trying to eat. Baekhyun chuckled and he turned his focus to his lunch. There was a sudden clatter beside him as a lunch box crashed onto the table beside him. He had to quickly flick his arm out to steady the box before it could fall and tip its contents onto the, probably very unsanitary, floor. Baekhyun looked up through his fringe. Chanyeol was stood with his hands open where they had dropped the lunch box, his eyes were huge and bugging out of his skull more than seemed humanly possible, his mouth was hanging open as though someone had unscrewed all of the nails that were meant to keep it up. Baekhyun followed his gaze to the still feverishly kissing couple opposite him. He wrapped his fingers around Chanyeol’s hand and tugged him, hard, down into the seat beside his own. That was all he managed to do before he felt himself curl, doubling over with laughter. Chanyeol’s face was even more priceless than he had imagined. Delicate snorts, chuckles and wheezes oozed from Baekhyun as he clapped his hands together before him like a retarded seal. Chanyeol had rubbed off on him in that way and Baekhyun couldn’t stop the action.

Sehun and Suho looked from Baekhyun to Kaisoo to Chanyeol and realising why he was laughing so much, as Chanyeol’s face seemed frozen in position, began to laugh along with Baekhyun. Suho tried to look cool and manly as he laughed but ended up squishing up his handsome face and giggling like a little girl. Sehun however was hitting anything he could reach as he laughed; he whacked the table feverously and even hit Baekhyun on the arm as he became a little hysterical. Kai and Kyungsoo broke apart at the racket being made around them and fell about laughing as they too saw Chanyeol’s face. Kyungsoo gripped the front of Kai’s shirt as he nearly cried with laughter into the fabric. Kai just sniggered and snorted at the sight, the tamest of the five of them. Baekhyun looked back up at Chanyeol to find that he was now pouting, eyebrows furrowed and puppy eyes on full whack as he sulked at being laughed at.

“Ya, Chan, don’t pout, it makes you look ugly.” Kai snickered. This only caused Chanyeol to push his lower lip out further. Baekhyun chuckled as he slid closer to his boyfriend. He was so very adorable when he was like this. Baekhyun caught Chanyeol’s lower lip between his forefinger and his thumb, pulling on it gently.

“I think you look cute no matter what expression you have.” Baekhyun said, easing Chanyeol’s grumps. Chanyeol grinned and Baekhyun’s finger.

“Eww, Channie!” Baekhyun exclaimed, wiping his finger on Chanyeol’s jumper. Chanyeol just laughed a y chuckle. His expression changed suddenly again and he frowned once more. “Channie? What is it?” Baekhyun asked, resting his chin on Chanyeol’s shoulder and gazing intently at his profile.

“We won’t get to try project Kaisoo now.” Chanyeol harrumphed. That hadn’t occurred to Baekhyun and he had to admit that he was also a little disappointed.

“What the hell…” Kai began.

“…is project Kaisoo?” Kyungsoo finished.

Both of them had their heads tilted and their eyebrows raised. Baekhyun wondered how these two had managed to like each other when opposites where supposed to attract.

“We were going to lock you in the dance studio together until you saw reason and got together…” Baekhyun slapped both of his hands dramatically over his mouth as he realise what he had just told them. Oops. Luckily their reaction wasn’t the angry one he had expected. Kai wiggled his eyebrows at Kyungsoo.

“Locked in a room, eh?” Kai said to Kyungsoo in a deep voice.

“I wouldn’t say no to that.” Kyungsoo replied as the two of them continued their previous engagement of eating each other’s faces rather than their lunches. On second thought, Baekhyun realised that maybe an angry reaction would have been better as he facepalmed. Chanyeol was sporting a most stupendous blush as he avoided looking at Kai and Kyungsoo.

“Err…they…umm…” He stuttered. Baekhyun laughed at him and grabbed his hand, rubbing reassuring circles into the soft skin.

“You’ll get used to it Channie.” Baekhyun paused, cocking his head to one side, “Well let’s hope we get used to it anyway.” He giggled.

The next week and a half flew by. His time was spent doing one of five things; working, like the good student that he is; gossiping with Kyungsoo while they were meant to be finalising the composition; actually finalising the composition; spending time with his wonderful boyfriend; or visiting his eommas. Well, not his real eommas but Do eomma and Park eomma were more to him than his real mother ever would be. Baekhyun realised that you can’t spend no time with you child and actually avoid them and still receive their love. He used to love his parents unconditionally but he realised that he just couldn’t do that anymore, so he stopped trying to make excuses for them and just let it be. He found himself falling deeper and deeper in love with the lanky teen by the day, which he didn’t think possible since his heart had been his for the past few years of his life. They hadn’t said that they loved each other since the first time they had told each other and Baekhyun was scared. He was scared that Chanyeol hadn’t really meant it and that by saying it again he Chanyeol would run. He would leave him. 

A/N: Sorry I know that it's short but I didn't have a lot of time. Just to say that I start college tomorrow so I might be slower to update but I will try my best!