Graduation! And a Possible Make Up?

Being Boyfriend's Best Friend

Today is the day. The day where all seniors look forward to. The reason for attending all those classes and taking those exams. The one thing that would lead to the rest of your future; graduation. 

Naturally, you were a nervous wreck although most of the stressful stuff has been done and over with; senior pictures, picking up your cap and gown, even graduation rehearsal. But now is the time to finally receive your diploma. 

You opened your eyes to a make up version of yourself in the mirror. You had asked one of Boyfriend's coordi's to doll you up a bit. Satisfied, you smiled and thanked the coordi unnie. She patted you on your shoulder and congradulated you. You gave a slight bow and stood from the chair. A familiar ringtone jingled from your phone and you answered immediately.

 

"Sohyun-ah!" Jenny exclaimed and you chuckled, finally glad she started calling you by your name instead of 'unnie'. "Are you almost done?"

"Yeah, I just finished." you glanced at the other boys whom were still being pampered. "Once the boys finish we'll be on our way."

"Arrasso, see you then!"

 

You hung up and set your phone down. A million thoughts ran through your mind. From graduation to summer work to your future and so on. Even a bit of Boyfriend slipped in there. *Sohyun-ah, take a deep breath and calm down,* you told yourself and immediately perked up.  Nothing was to bring you down on graduation day. 

Because you all couldn't fit, the members squeezed in the back while you sat in shotgun. You chatted with Manager Park.

 

"So, you excited?" he asked, making a turn. You gave him a nod and grin. 

He sighed and wiped away a fake tear, "My little Sohyun is finally graduating!" You laughed and even Boyfriend chuckled a bit.''

 

Manager Park pulled up at the gates and stopped. Unfortunately, he had other matters to attend to and won't be able to watch. As the members filed out, you reached over and hugged Manager Park tightly. 

 

"Thank you so much," you said.

"Anytime, sweetheart," he chuckled, returning the squeeze.

Just before you could let go, Manager Park held you and whispered one more thing;

"Please forgive them, Sohyun-ah. You guys can't avoid each other forever, you're best friends."

 

You pulled away, gently, and smiled softly. You exited the van and walked into the building, to the auditorium; you took his request into consideration. You were able to meet up with Jenny just before the ceremony. The two of you split up and found your assigned seats. As soon as everyone was seated and silent, the graduation began.

 

 

~
 

 

 

The introduction presented by the principal, short performance by the school's chorus, and a little bit too length of a speech by the valedictorian; the diplomas were finally about to be passed out. Names were being called and students nervously got up and made their way up the stage to receive their diploma and a handshake from the principal. Gentle claps and cheers were emitted from the crowd of parents and other various loved ones as their child graduated.

Soon enough, Minwoo was called. You watched his figure, rows ahead, stand up and stiffly went up the stairs to his diploma. He grabbed it with shaky hands and shook the principal's hand before making his way back to his seat. You briefly heard his parents and younger sister cheer from the distance. Chuckling to yourself, you watched other classmates and friends get their diplomas.

Before you realized, it was your turn. You took a deep breath, stood up, and weaved your way through the seated students. The stage was brightly lit and nearly blinded you as you were handed your diploma. You took it with a grin and eagerly shook your principal's hand.

 

"Congratulations, Sohyun." he grinned and gestured you down the other side of the stage.  

 

You spotted Jenny in the back and grinned before returning to your seat. Nearby friends and classmates congratuated you. The rest pretty much passed in a blur, you didn't pay attention much unless the person was a vital friend. The cheering parents and the flashes of their cameras kind of saddened you. Everyone's parents and family were here, but yours would have to watch from above. Nonetheless, you knew they were proud of you.

 

 

~

 

 

The ceremony concluded and all the students filed out to the front of the building for a group picture. You met up with Jenny, Teen Top, and the few members of Boyfriend and huddled together. The students were all conversing away happily just before the photographer call their attention. 

 

"Alright everyone! Look this way! 1, 2, 3... say GRADUATION!" he called.

"GRADUATION!" everyone grinned.

 

With that flash, the photographer requested one more picture. 

"Everyone, throw your caps into the air when I give you the signal!" he gestured and the students threw them into the sunsetting sky. You and your friends threw them also, shouting in joy. You all laughed hysterically and attempted to find each other's caps. 

Since you were all starving, you decided to go eat. You hugged and waved away classmates as you made your way into the vans and C.A.P's car. 

The restaurant wasn't fancy-fancy but had still had pricy meal choices and was well decorated. You all removed your caps and gowns to unveil proper evening attire. Other customers gave your group several glances and stares. Whether it was because of the idols or just an unsually large and fairly rowdy group of high schoolers, you'll never know.

When everyone was seated, a waitress came by and took your drink orders. She returned shortly after, handing the drinks to their rightful owners. Donghyun and C.A.P stood up at once, holding their glasses up. 

 

"To our graduating members and friends," Donghyun started.

"May you succeed in your careers and future lives!" C.A.P finished.

"CHEERS!" You all clinked your glasses. 

 

The rest of the time spent was to enjoy scrumptious meals and talk between one another. The main conversation was about the future and what you plan on doing. The idols, obviously, would continue being in their respected groups and performing. Although it wasn't something you both agreed with, you and Jenny respected their decision. 

Jenny wanted to pursue in singing. You widened your eyes and stared at her. She nodded confidently. As well as you knew her, you had no idea she wanted to sing. Regardless, you smiled brightly and gave her a tight hug. 

 

"I'll support you all the way, Jenny~" you giggled. 

"Gomawo!"

 

Yours was pretty obvious; song composition. Although you already work with Starship, you want to expand the audience that listens to your music. 

 

"Do you think you'll continue to work for Starship/Boyfriend?" Jenny questioned, sipping her lemonade.

 

A silence fell on your table. Teen Top's and Boyfriend's eyes were on you. You looked up from your pasta and paused. You eyed the Boyfriend members and sighed. Even through those complications, to be honest, you did enjoy working for Starship and technically, with them. After a moment, you nodded. A relief fell over Boyfriend and Teen Top nodded along. You and Jenny giggled at their overreactions.

You caught the eyes of the members, who looked a bit afraid to look straight at you. You softly smiled at them and continued your conversation with Niel and Changjo. From your peripheral vision, you spotted them smiling and grinning like crazy. 

Maybe you won't be back to normal soon, but it has to start somewhere :)

 

 

 

 

 

As I promised, here is my update~

Yes, our characters have finally graduated!

And yes, they are slowly coming back together as friends

And who knows what'll happen? (Technically I do hehe, but I don't know half the things I write until I write them)

Anyway, I am really excited this week!

First of all, I'm finally getting a smartphone! YES.

I HAVE ALWAYS HAD OLD PHONES

And its coming TOMORROW!!!!

THE SECOND IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I. AM. GOING. TO. THE. MIAMI. BLOCK. B. CONCERT

I AM INTERNALLY AND (WAS) EXTERNALLY SCREAMING.

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. 

I AM ONLY 14 AND IM GOING TO MY FIRST CONCERT

AND ITS A KPOP CONCERT

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BLOCK B IS MY BROTHER'S FAVORITE GROUP AND IM MORE EXCITED THAN HE IS

But the thing is, my bestest friend (Jenny, actually, haha) can't go! :'(

And I really wanted to go to our first kpop concert (or concert, in general)

But yeah, I hope you guys had a great day

and, if you're like me, having a good summer break!

 

 

Ppyong~ <3