A Nightmare Come True

Being Boyfriend's Best Friend

 

You grabbed the hem of your dress and slipped it over your body. Tightening the heels around your ankle, you grabbed your mask and stood in the mirror. Staring at your outfit, you nodded in approval. *Hope the guys like this~* you sighed, happily. 
 
Bringing your lightly waved hair to one side, you took a deep breath, and stepped outside. You click-clacked your way down the stairs and out the door. Sure enough, there were your boyfriends, patiently waiting. They turned to you in sleek tuxes (pretend they're tuxes >.<), simple masks and grinned. 
 
Kwangmin, who happened to be in somewhat of the middle, held out a bouquet of pink roses. You gladly accepted them and sniffed the sweet smell. "Shall we?" Minwoo stuck out his arm which you took, with a soft giggle. 
 
The ride was pretty quiet, everyone was excited. The boys bickered on who danced with you first. You shook your head in amusement and stared out the window. 
 
Arriving at school, the 7 of you could already hear faint music playing. Entering the building, you spotted Jenny greeting the students. "Jenny!" you waved. She beamed and waved back. Walking up to her, you marveled at her cream, strapless dress with large silver sequins at the hem. It frilled down, just above her knees and you noticed her beige flats. Her mask was in her hand, which was crown-shaped. 
 
"You look amazing!" the two of you complimented in unison. Looking at each other, you burst out laughing. "All right, ladies~ Enough chit-chat." Donghyun chuckled, pushing the two of you in. The cafeteria was just as you left it, except the colored lights were on and the room was dimmed.
 
"Hellooo ladies~" Niel swooned as he and Teen Top stood before you. Jenny giggled as you rolled your eyes. "So, who are you gonna dance with?" Jenny looked at you.
 
"Who are WE gonna dance with?" you tapped your chin, in thought. Your eyes grazed over the 12 smirking flower boys in front of you and pointed in a random direction.
 
 "Hey look! Those guys are pretty cute~" Linking your arm in hers, you dragged Jenny away from the gaping boys. "Yah! You have 12 great choices here!" L. Joe protested. You stuck your tongue at them and laughed. 
 
 
~
 
 
The prom was nothing like an actual masquerade dance. It was much more carefree and informal. 
 
You and Jenny were having an amazing time. Dancing with not only your boyfriends, but Teen Top too. You even managed to get Jenny to dance with L. Joe. 
 
"I make such a good match maker~" you sighed in satisfaction, while sipping some punch and watching the two chat. "Sure you do." Chunji chuckled, biting a cookie. "Hey, I have to go to the bathroom. Be right back!" you told Chunji after setting the cup down. 
 
He stopped you before you could leave. "Oh, Sohyun-ah, meet me at the school garden afterwards. I-I have to tell you something." You nodded slowly and made your way out. 
 
On the way in, you bumped into Jieon. She observed you, obviously judging. "Amazing how a lowlife like you could even afford such an inexpensive dress." she finally spoke. *Ignore her comment, be happy. It's prom night.* you thought. 
 
Your lips curved into a reassuring smile. "You look pretty in that dress." you complimented and walked pass her. You heard her scoff as you entered a stall. 
 
 
Jieon's POV
 
*Tch, what does that think she's saying? I'm always pretty, better yet, beautiful.* She tossed her hair back and walked off.
 
*That reminds me..* Jieon scavenged through her purse and brought out a tiny plastic bag with white powder. *I have to drug one of the oppas.* She returned to the cafeteria, grabbed two drinks, and exited into the hallway again. 
 
Pouring the harmless drug, she mixed well till it wasn't visible. *I'll just use the first member I see as my little toy~* she smirked and walked around casually. 
 
Not long after did Jieon spot Donghyun leaving the art room, seemingly pissed/stressed. *The leader? Isn't he like 24? Whatever, close enough.* she thought before calling him. Donghyun spun around and politely greeted her. 
 
"Would you like a drink?" Jieon asked, sweetly. With slight suspicion, he took it, thanked her for it, and took a sip. Her innocent smile grew wider and evil as soon as she noticed her plan in action. 
 
"Whoa.. W-What was in that?" Donghyun questioned, a bit light-headed. "Nothing." Jieon replied, innocently. He endeavored to control himself but was hopeless. He tumbled around, clearly drugged. "Sohyun-ah?" he stared at the blurry person who drugged him. 
 
"Nae oppa?" Jieon imitated your voice and Donghyun surprisingly fell for it. He smiled, drunk-like. "You look beautiful tonight~" he slurred. Jieon let out a giggle and pulled Donghyun, making him look like he trapped her to the wall with his arms. 
 
Unknowingly, Donghyun leaned in to kiss what he thinks is you. Jieon wrapped his arms around his neck and drew him in. The two collapsed lips. His arms found his way to her waist and wrapped around them. 
 
Jieon smirked with satisfaction, while still making out, after spotting a thin figure at the corner of her eye stare and run away.
 
 
Sohyun's POV (You)
 
You soon left the bathroom and headed through the hall. About to take the shortcut, you noticed a maintenance sign. Huffing, you dreaded to take the entire way around. 
 
Just nearing the cafeteria, you overheard familiar voices from the room beside you, the art room. "...and when do you expect to tell her?" It was Youngmin, no doubt about it. You peered through the small crack of the door. 
 
Youngmin and Jeongmin had their arms crossed, staring at Hyunseong whom was standing perfectly still. Kwangmin suddenly found the floor quite interesting while Minwoo watched his hyungs argue. 
 
"Well?" Jeongmin raised an eyebrow. Hyunseong remained calm but thoughtful. The impatient and annoyed Youngmin growled, "If it's over tomorrow morning, then wouldn't it be the logical thing to break up tonight?" 
 
Again, Hyunseong simply stared. For once, he was clueless. *What are they talking about? A-Are they talking about me?* Questions jammed your mind. 
 
Hyunseong rubbed his temple in stress, now understanding how Donghyun felt. "Why can't you just go with the obvious way?!" Jeongmin yelled, slamming a hand on the desk. "Because I don't want to hurt her!" Hyunseong bellowed back. The maknaes looked up in shock and you did too. Hyunseong never yells, NEVER.  
 
"Don't you think about her? About how she'll feel?!" He continued. "Ever since we met, Sohyun promised us one thing that we promised back, that—" 
 
"–we'll always be together." Minwoo whispered. He nodded at the maknae and continued. "So, we're just going to break our best friend's, not to mention, current girlfriend's heart that easily?"
 
Youngmin and Jeongmin were speechless. "And over a stupid bet! Just to get into that V.I.P party." 
 
 
There was a small pause before Hyunseong whispered, "We used her..." Tears trailed down your cheeks. *I...Our relationship was never real? It was all a bet?* you trembled and backed away from the door. *I can't believe this!* you shook your head in frustration.
 
*It was all a lie! D-Donghyun oppa.. He has to explain!* You were about to dash off when the door across you creaked open. It revealed Kwangmin first then followed by the others. They noticed you and widened their eyes. "S-Sohyun-ah..." Hyunseong muttered, walking towards you. 
 
He held out a hand to wipe your trickling tears. On instinct, you slapped it away. He was taken aback. Not only were you heartbroken, but you were furious. "Noona..." Minwoo called softly. Your hand crumbled into a fist. It sickened you that even the maknae would lie to you. 
 
Harshly trembling, you lifted your head with stern eyes and gazed at them. "How could you?" you croaked, more tears falling. Before you could burst, you quickly walked away. In the distance, you heard crying and cursing. 
 
Burning tears dripped onto the tile as you walked. The hall was silent. All that was heard were the sniffles of your nose and clicks of your heels. However, heavy breathing was soon heard. Examining the area, you gasped in disbelief. Right then and there, you wanted to break. Just fall apart and lay there. Possibly even die. 
 
You watched Donghyun tilt his head side to side, making out with Jieon, whom is trapped between his arms and wall. You couldn't take it. Pulling your head away from the unforgivable sight, you ran out the door. You were truly crying now, literally bursting into tears. 
 
Pulling your legs up, you buried your head into your knees. You felt betrayed. No, not even. You were betrayed. Even by the people who you loved and cared for the most. "What else could go wrong?" you sobbed. 
 
"Ah, Chunji oppa! He told me to meet him." you remembered and hurried to the garden, wiping your cheeks. Turning the corner, you spotted him under the tree, observing above. He noticed your presence and smiled. You forced one in return. Luckily, it was dark enough for him to not see your blood shot eyes. 
 
"I'm here." you said, somewhat normally. "You are." he grinned. There was silence as he stared at you. Shifting uncomfortably, you broke the awkwardness, "So, what is it that you wanted to tell me?" 
 
Chunji took a deep breath. "I have a confession to make." *Oh, no. Not more bad news.* You bit your lip. He opened his mouth to speak but closed it. "Go ahead." you smiled reassuringly. 
 
He nodded in return. Puffing his cheeks, he held his head up. "Sohyun-ah, I like you." he confessed. Your smile slowly disappeared and blinked at him. "I've liked you since the day we've met. I never told you because I knew you loved your best friends. So I waited. Now, I just felt that I had to tell you, no matter what." He fell silent. 
 
The world suddenly got dizzy. So many thoughts were crossing your mind, it hurt. Without warning, you began sobbing again. Startled, Chunji caught you. *Was I offensive? Did I rush her?* he thought.
 
 "Sohyun-ah, mian..." You stopped him. "No, it's... It's not your fault. I just, had a difficult night." you sniffled. He ushered you to a bench and asked you to explain. It was painful, but you managed through. 
 
"Bastards." he whispered, clenching a fist. You placed a hand on his, calming him. 
 
"I never thought they'd ever do this." You shook your head in agreement. 
 
"So, what do you plan on doing?" 
 
Sighing, you replied, "For now, keep my distance from them and stay strong." Chunji agreed.
 
"Can you help me take my things from their dorm back to my house?" 
 
"Sure, anything for you." 
 
With that, the two of you walked to Boyfriend's dorm. Unlocking the door, you and Chunji slipped in the darkness. You grabbed all your belongings and shoved it in your small suitcase. It hurt while packing. You sat on the couch, thinking of all the memories here.
 
Tearing up once more, you buried your face in your hands. Chunji quickly ran over and sat next to you. He softly pulled you into a hug. Crying into his shoulder, you eventually wrapped your arms around his waist. 
 
Calming down, Chunji rolled your suitcase outside.  Giving a last, reluctant gaze around the dorm, you closed the door and followed Chunji down.
 
It was an awkward but luckily short walk to your house. Taking the suitcase from him, you bid goodnight and began to walk inside. You felt a yank on your arm and was enveloped into a warm embrace. "Stay strong, Sohyun-ah." Chunji whispered into your head. Nodding into his chest, you gave a sincere smile and hurried in. You were done for the night. 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Okay, so the total 'Christmas update' was a total fail.. -.-
Anyway....
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! WHOOHOHOHOHOHOHO~ 2013!!!!
 
tumblr_mfxp7jG1Ls1rs7wkmo1_r1_500.gif
 
 
image
 
image
 
image
 
image
 
image
 
image
 
image
 
image
 
tumblr_mfvbi3mNJs1rlgs7po1_250.gif
 
tumblr_mfvbi3mNJs1rlgs7po2_250.gif
 
 
 
Thank you guys so much for a wonderful year and being great subbies!!!
 
I promise to work harder this year and hopefully finish this fic~ ^^
 
I LOVE CHU~ o3o
 
tumblr_mbsr65PbCA1r6jxm0o1_500.gif
 
tumblr_mbsomgTVLb1r6jxm0o2_500.gif
 
tumblr_mfx25g9Lzz1rlgs7po1_500.gif
 
 
 
(okay, i may have a slight obsession with gifs now O_o)