Prom Prep Is Dangerous!

Being Boyfriend's Best Friend

 

The final bell rang and students dashed out of the entrance. An ear-screeching crackle sounded and the principal began speaking on the intercom. "STUDENTS! Have a wonderful rest of Friday! And remember! If you are attending tonight's dance, come at 8 PM sharp! See you then~"
 
Chatters of remaining students echoed in the hall. Girls squealed about their dresses and dates. Guys were grinning about up the courage to ask the girl of their dreams to the dance.
 
You, on the other hand, stayed behind with a few other students. All of you signed up to clear and decorate the cafeteria for the prom. Jeongmin , the maknae line, and Teen Top joined too. Donghyun and Hyunseong were coming as well to chaperone.
 
Mrs. Lee clapped loudly. "Alright everyone! First of all, I want to thank you guys for signing up~ We got so many helpers today!" She smiled around the room. "Now, lets get started!"
 
Leading the way, you all entered the cafeteria/auditorium. Turning to the students, Mrs. Lee pointed towards the lunch tables. "We need the tables standing up and pushed to the side."
 
Without hesitation, students went in small groups to the rows of tables. As always, the clutter of your best friends went to you. Unfortunately, most of Teen Top beat Boyfriend there. The "leftovers" dragged themselves to help others. Fangirls squealed at how close they were working with idols.
 
"One, two, THREE!" you and Chunji heaved a table up and shoved it to the wall. Sighing, you smiled at him and skipped to another table. He shook his head amusingly and joined you.
 
"Sohyun-ah!" Mrs. Lee momentarily called. Stopping your current job, you jogged toward her. A girl stood next to her. "This is Shim Dami, a student of your grade." Mrs. Lee introduced. You smiled at the nice looking student.
 
Her light brown highlights blended in with her dark hair. She was a bit shorter than you and had rather round eyes. She looked younger than you.  
 
"Annyeong~" she gave a small wave. You gave a nod and turned back to the teacher. "Since the two of you are students I trust the most," she chuckled, "I'm assigning the two of you to get the boxes of decorations from the storage room." Mrs. Lee held out a key. Understanding your task, you and Dami walked out of the cafeteria.
 
"Call me Jenny, by the way~" the girl said, breaking the silence. "Okay then, Jenny~" you giggled. Getting to know each other, you two quickly arrived at the administration office and headed to the storage room. Unlocking the door, you and Jenny each grabbed a box and bag, then exited the office.
 
Strolling back to the cafeteria, Jenny got down to tie her shoe. "I'll go get the door propped open for us." you smiled. Jenny nodded and you shuffled to the door. 
 
Nearing the door, you quickened your pace. "SOHYUN-AH!!" two voices yelled. You spun around and just in time. A clay flower pot crashed behind you, right where your head would've been.
 
You looked down, shocked. A tap was felt on your shoulder and revealed two panting bodies. "Sohyun...ah.... Are.. you okay?" L.Joe breathed, his voice recognized. "Huh? Oh, um yeah, I'm fine." you said, still in a bit of shock. 
 
The two of them got up in regular standing position. Jenny turned her head and her eyes widened as she didn't realize who she was next to. "We came running when we saw something falling your way." L. Joe explained, ignoring the girl's glare. 
 
"It seemed to be aimed for your head. But who would drop that? " Jenny jumped in. 
 
"She's right," L.Joe nodded Jenny's way, "this was no accident." You bit your lip. The three of you stood, in deep thought. 
 
"Ah! Oppa, this is Dami Shim~" you gestured toward Jenny. He turned, gave a smile, and held out a hand. 
 
 "Mian~ I didn't get the chance to introduce myself, Dami-ssi. The name's Lee Byunghun, but call me L. Joe." 
 
"A-Ah, nae! G-Gwenchanayo! I'm S-Shim Dami, but p-please call me Jenny." she stuttered and shook his hand. 
 
L. Joe let out a deep chuckle. "Jenny," he repeated in perfect English, "cute." Jenny hid her flushed cheeks behind her highlights. "Jenny, where's your box of decorations?" you tilted your head.
 
She snapped back and pointed behind, "It's back there. I left it to come after you." You gave a sincere smile. "I'll get it." L. Joe stated, already jogging off. 
 
Once out of hearing distance, you nudged Jenny, playfully. "What?" she asked. You simply gave a sly smile and a little giggle. "Unnie! It's not what you think!" she flushed once again.
 
You threw your head back and laughed, "He's into you, I can tell." "You really think so?" Jenny beamed. You nodded, reassuringly as L. Joe came back. "Kaja!" he smiled and the three of you re-entered the building. 
 
Due to the previous incident, (and Mrs. Lee's outburst of shock,) other students brought the supplies. Boyfriend and Teen Top jumped on top of you, attacking  with "Gwenchana?" questions. Finally able to pry them off, you escaped to help Jenny. 
 
"What's your connection with Boyfriend and Teen Top?" Jenny tilted her head.
 
 "Boyfriend are well, my boyfriends! Before that, they were childhood friends. Teen Top on the other hands are close friends." you explained. 
 
"So, your dating all of them?"
 
"Yeah. Sorta complicated and confusing. I hardly even know how they even fell for me!" 
 
"Mm, I understand~"
 
You have one last nod before pulling on some streamers and placing them up. Things were going a bit smoothly. Lights were continuously flicking on and off, for people were trying to get the lighting set up. A few tables were left down and pushed to the wall, soon to be filled with treats and drinks. 
 
You were here and there and everywhere, never stopping to rest. You were pretty much the "manager" of the decor. "Just, about, THERE!" you halted Youngmin who was adjusting a side of the banner. It was a white, silky-ish paper, with the words, MASQUERADE PROM painted in gold and silver. It hung proudly above the stage.
 
Stepping down from the ladder, you gave Youngmin a thumbs up and he replied with a wink. A student scurried up to you with a clipboard. He and you began discussing the completed, also remaining preparations left. 
 
Deep in the conversation, you were oblivious to the things around you. Little did you know, the towering ladder was tipping your way. "Anyway, I was thinking that— OH MY GOSH! SOHYUN-AH, MOVE!!" Tae Hyun, the student you were speaking to, panicked.
 
Before you could react, Tae Hyun yanked your arm, flinging both of your bodies on the hard tile. The ladder crashed down a millisecond after you jumped. Your eyes widened at yet another incident. "Gomawo Tae Hyun-ah." you whispered, being helped up by Youngmin. 
 
He simply nodded and strolled off. "Unnie!" Jenny called. She stood in front of you, holding some film. "That's the second one." You puffed your cheeks and bobbed your head. "I think someone's trying to hurt you.." she whispered, worriedly. She looked up at you with sad eyes. Even though you met her an hour ago, you really like her as a dongsang. 
 
You sighed and ruffled her hair. Giving a reassuring smile, you distracted her with more work. The rest of the preparations were just as worse. Scissors were thrown at you, a hot glue gun overheated to burn you, oil slathered on the stairs for you to slip, and other death-traps. Clearly, someone didn't want you around. 
 
It came to a point where someone had to be with you at all times. People took turns watching you. However, too many were occurring so Mrs. Lee forced you home. Although you denied, she shook her head. "You've done a marvelous job. I'll see you at the prom." Mrs. Lee gave an apologetic smile before you left. 
 
Waving Teen Top and Jenny off, Boyfriend also decided to go home. Minwoo held tightly around your waist while Jeongmin firmly grasped your hand. "If you see anyone suspicious, tell me, cuz I will beat them down." Youngmin muttered. You chuckled at their over protectiveness. 
 
Wriggling out of Minwoo's grasp, you sighed. "I'm fine, okay? I'm not dying or something any time soon." you looked at them. They knitted their eyebrows, unsure. Clicking your tongue, you waddled home, the boys trailing behind. 
 
As soon as you came across your house, you waved Boyfriend till later and entered your home. Taking a deep breath, you checked the time. 7:00. You had an hour before prom. Grabbing a towel, you threw yourself in the shower. 
 
Meanwhile at the dorm....
 
"Hyung, do you think we should tell her?" Kwangmin asked. Donghyun quietly thought for a moment. Before he could speak up, Youngmin jumped in. "It's over tomorrow so might as well." 
 
"Already? Wow, that was fast~" Jeongmin added. "She's gonna be so heartbroken.." Minwoo mumbled. All of them looked down in sadness. "Come on, we have to pick her up soon. Let's discuss this later." Hyunseong breathed. 
 
 
 
 
Oooooo~ What are the Boyfriend members talking about? A possible PLOT TWIST?! (Lul spoilers >.<)
 
I cannot update for the life of me.... I'm just... /sighs
 
Anyway, I've really been into this RP I'm a part of as Nicole of KARA~
 
 
It has MANY RPers and are always welcoming more!
 
You guys should join! (Tell them purpl3_n1nj4/Nicole sent you) 
 
We need more guys and Angels! (No, I don't mean Teen Top fans~) 
 
GUESS WHAT?! BOYFRIEND's GINNA HAVE THEIR OWN HELLO BABY!!!
 
KYAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
 
dont have many details currently but I'll tell u when I do! 
 
Should be updating again soon~ Like by Christmas! 
 
My gift to you! 
 
Ppyong~ 
 
P.S. Comment your favorite group and/or your bias!!
im planning to do something for you guys!