A Totally Not Date-like Outing

Being Boyfriend's Best Friend

“Yeobosayo?” Jenny placed her bowl on the coffee table. “Oh, annyeong L.Joe.”

You looked up from your tea and listened to their conversation.

 

“I’m good, you?

I’m at Sohyun’s house at the moment. Why?

Yeah, I’d be happy to!” Jenny grinned cheekily at you and silently cheered. She hung up not long after.

“So? What happened?” you eagerly asked, grabbing her arms.

“He asked me on a date!” she squealed, overjoyed. You congratulated her with a hug and squeal in return.

“What are you guys gonna do?”

“I’m not sure. He wants me to meet him at the café at two.”

You glanced at your watch, which read 12.

“Jenny! You only have two hours; go home and get ready!” you ushered her to the door. You walked her out and wished her luck. As her taxi disappeared behind the corner, you sighed. *Guess I’ll have a me day, today.*

 

~

 

After trapping yourself inside, surfing the web, you decided to go out. It was pretty hot, so you bought ice cream.

“Gamsahamnida,” you bowed to the old ice cream vendor as he handed you your plain vanilla. Happily devouring it, you strolled to the local park and sat on a swing. It was surprisingly vacant, despite the fact that it was Sunday. You shrugged it off.

 

SOHYUN-AH. ANSWER YOUR PHONE!

SOHYUN-AH! ANSWER YOUR PHONE!

IT’S ME.

ANSWERRRRRRRRRRRR

 

You jumped in shock and reached into your pocket. Chunji’s picture flashed on your screen. *His ringtone is way too loud.* you thought, answering his call. “Yeobosayo?”

 

“You take too long to answer the phone.” he complained.

“Well, excuse me for enjoying an ice cream cone on my own time.” you mocked.

“Haha, nice. Vanilla, if I’m not mistaken?”

You paused and looked around. “How do you know that?”

He chuckled, “Oh, I have my ways~ Just look a little to the left.”

 

You did as you were told and only saw a familiar, enormous tree. It was the tree; from years ago, where you first met Boyfriend. You walked toward it, glancing around. Same old, same old. High above the ground, resting on a branch, was that blonde. He held a grin and gestured you up.

 

“I can’t believe he makes me do these things,” you mumbled, scaling up the tree.

 

Because of previous experience, you reached Chunji in no time.

 

“I’m impressed. I thought you were just a sweet, gentle woman.” he joked.

“Yeah, well, this woman has endured enough over the years, spending so much time with boys.” you punched his arm lightly.

 

He laughed, sort of dryly. You could tell he didn’t really enjoy talking about Boyfriend and your past with them. Jealousy, perhaps?

 

“So what are you doing out here?” you questioned.

“Eh, I got sick of staying inside all day. Plus, the other members are doing things.” he sighed. “What about you?”

“Pretty much the same. Jenny’s on a date with L. Joe.”

“Mm,” he nodded, “didn’t want to be the third wheel, huh?”

“Nah, I just wanted her to have fun without me.”

 

Chunji nodded and averted his attention to stare below. A comfortable silence settled between you two. A cooling wind weaved through the leaves of the tree and felt even more relaxing. You closed your eyes.

Chunji broke the silence, “Let’s go do something.”

“Like what?” you said without opening your eyes.

“Anything, let’s just have fun as two people who were unintentionally ditched by their friends.”

 

You peeked at him and he was smiling at you. Shaking your head, you gave a light hearted laugh.

 

“Okay, we better get down then.”

 

Helping each other down, Chunji led you into a taxi. He whispered the driver the location, which got him a raised eyebrow from you. He winked at you and you rolled your eyes.

Shortly, the taxi pulled in front of a rather large building. After paying, the both of you walked to the front where it had a sign that read COEX AQUARIUM. You smiled brightly and Chunji grabbed you to go in.

Although the lights were dimmed, the reflected water illuminated the building. The walls were aligned with countless tanks filled with various underwater creatures. From clownfish to jellyfish to octopus, it was an oceanic wonderland.

You beamed at every tank, as if you were a child. You hadn’t been to the aquarium since you were young. Surprisingly, no new construction had been done.

You and Chunji bobbed and weaved through the different sections, admiring each and every one. At one point, you passed through a tunnel which was also a tank. Sharks, stingray, and other bigger creatures swam through. The man of you two felt a bit intimidated and ushered to exit it.

Soon, you reached the restaurant portion of the aquarium. Along the wall was one massive glass that contained even more sea creatures, including a whale shark and dolphins! However, the two of you weren’t hungry and proceeded through the rest of the aquarium. The blinding sunlight stung your eyes as you made your way out.

 

“Alright,” Chunji clapped his hands,” what now?”

You thought for a moment and gasped at your idea. “Can we go to your company building? I’ve always wanted to check out your practice rooms.”

“I don’t know..”

“Oh, please!" you begged, pouting.

“Okay, fine~” Chunji gave in, but smiled.

 

Thus, the two of you hopped into another taxi and headed to the TOP Media Entertainment building. You walked up to the front, Chunji requested to be let inside, and the gate opened.

As you made your way upstairs, you observed your surroundings in the new building. Much more sleek and a bit complex than Starship’s interior. Either way, it looked nice. And once you entered the practice room, you saw what was expected: an entire wall of mirrors, front and back, and wooden floors. One unique thing was that the end walls, without mirrors, were decorated with graffiti-style art.

 

“Nice,” you grinned.

“Thanks,” Chunji smiled. “Okay, what do you want to dance?”

“Teach me the To You dance!” you perked up immediately.

 

He was momentarily taken aback due to your sudden outburst, but chuckled soon after. He shook his head and sighed. With a nod, you had a mini celebration. You attempted at mastering the dance before. Nevertheless, it was too difficult to do alone.

Chunji walked over to the music set up and scrolled through the tracks. Once he found “To You” he clicked Play and cranked up the volume. He turned back to you.

 

“Alright, ready? Just watch me, and follow.”

 

And just like that, he was off. Carefully choreographing the dance, you watched intently. As you watched, you noticed how Chunji was so into it. It was, actually kind of, hot. *Whoa, what the heck?!* you mentally punched yourself. Luckily, you paid your attention back to him just as he finished.

 

Panting, he smiled widely at you, “Did you get all that?” You nodded, quickly.

“Okay, let’s start from the beginning.”

 

And for the next hour or so, you and Chunji rehearsed the dance. After you attempt the dance alone, he would point out your mistakes and showed you how to do it again. Just as you finished learning the dance, he offered to teach you the other Teen Top dances, of which you obliged.

 

 

~

 

 

Before you both knew it, it’s already 8 PM. Exhausted, you both plopped down onto the wooden floors. Sweat dripped from your faces and you panted heavily. Not to mention, you were starving.

Shortly following some down time, the two of you left the building and traveled to a fast food restaurant. As much as Chunji hated the idea, he was desperate for food. Thankfully, there was a McDonalds nearby.

You ordered and brought the food to your table outside. Couldn’t risk the idol to be caught with some girl at night. Munching away at your burgers, you were still breathing heavily and had a rapid heartbeat from the dancing. You tried to calm down and sipped your water.

 

“You’re an excellent dancer, Sohyun,” Chunji complimented. “Did you take lessons?”

“No, I learned alone.” you replied, grabbing another French fry.

“Amazing. You can sing, dance, cook, and write music?” he swallowed. “Is there anything you can’t do?”

You laughed, almost choking on your food, “I’m a terrible artist and a slow typer.”

“You serious?” he snorted. “You can’t be that bad.”

 

He proceeded to laugh hysterically. When he finally met your gaze, you glared at him. You were serious. As in, seriously bad at art and typing. He coughed awkwardly and consumed the rest of his meal.

Bellies full, Chunji took you home. You stopped in front of your apartment building. An exchange of goodbyes and hugs later, you made your way up to your floor. After a refreshing shower, you were ready to pass out.

Before you had a chance to, your phone vibrated violently. You unlocked to reveal the bright screen and one new message from Jenny.

 

From Jenny:

Heyy~

So how was your date with Chunji ;)

<3

 

You rolled your eyes. *This girl, I swear.*

 

To Jenny:

It was not date! So chill ‘kay?

But you can tell me all about your date^^

Good night

 

 

 

 

I apologize if it wasn't the best chapter

I didn't have much inspiration for this >.<

I guess this is for those who ship Chunji and Sohyun (Chunyun? Sohji? Chunso?)

Whatever.

We're getting pretty close to the end of this fic~

It's sad actually 

I've come a long way with this fic and its disappointing that it will have to end

But good things always come to an end :)

Goodbye for now!

 

 

Ppyong~