Moving On and 19th Birthday

Being Boyfriend's Best Friend

 Before I start the chapter, I just want to inform you on a little change. Initially, I had said that the entire maknae line was younger than our main protagonist, Sohyun. I now realize that the detail interferes with my ideas and just complicates them. I would rather change a slight detail than let you guys be confused. Therefore, from this point on, the twins are older than her (only by a couple months) and Minwoo is only one month younger. But for all intents and purposes, I’ll just say the twins just enjoy calling her noona^^

Also, I know I am not following the legitimate school schedule in Korea; I had never planned on doing so. In the future, I will try to follow it J  Sorry for the inconvenience and I hope you enjoy the chapter~  

 

The first signs of spring peaked when patches of fresh grass were visible. The weather had begun warming at about the end of April. Besides finals and university exams, school was fairly uneventful for you. You had a solid routine for the past months and performed them almost robotic. Nonetheless, it kept you busy.

Due to being so preoccupied, you had no time to think about what had happened. It sort of, slipped your mind. Not entirely, of course, for that is something you could never forget. But, you just broke away from it.

You didn’t see them as often, though. After Iyah, they were too busy with Japan promotions. That, along with busying yourself, basically separated you from Boyfriend completely. You had to admit, you were able to move on.

Next thing you knew, it was already mid-May. Exams were starting soon and you were pretty prepared.

You arose early and proceeded to get ready. Surprisingly, you were energized despite being absolutely exhausted because of last night’s cram session. Straightening your uniform and munching down on a quick breakfast, you slipped into your shoes.

Outside stood Jenny, seeming to be in thought. *She’s probably nervous,* you predicted as you made your way toward her. Couldn’t blame her; you were equally as nervous.

“Annyeong Jenny-ah!” you waved. She turned around, smiled, and hugged you warmly.

“Ready for the exams?” she asked as we walked to school. I exhaled and nodded, “You?” She pursed her lips, but smiled through her eyes.

The two of you tried to ignore your butterflies and chatted away as you approached the school. You suddenly averted your attention to the familiar black van at the gates. *Of course, they’d show up,* you thought as you strolled past.

The doors had just slid open and members were piling out as you came by. The boys paused for a moment, observing your backside. Jeongmin pursed his lips and said, “Kaja,” before pulling the maknae line along, right behind you and Jenny.

“Um, unnie?” Jenny nudged your elbow.

“I know,” I smiled and continued to look forward. *They seem to be doing well.*

 

 

~

 

 

“Congratulations class,” the teacher straightened the papers in his hands, “you’re finally done with exams. You can relax now.”

Everyone sighed in relief and sunk in their chairs. You stretched your arms out and put your head down.

“Do you think you did well?” Jenny whispered and pulled up a chair by your desk.

“I think so. It wasn’t as difficult as I had imagined,” you replied and looked up. She nodded in agreement and sighed. In the silence, your teacher announced that everyone may leave. Most of the students exited in no time.

“Hang on, I need to grab something from my locker,” Jenny stopped you.

“Okay, I’ll wait here,” you said as you sat back down and your friend left the room.

It was silent once again. You knew you weren’t alone, however. You felt the three’s presence. It felt a bit unsettling to them, but you felt as if you were alone. You stood up and stared out the window. Cherry blossoms were blossoming below in the school garden; how beautiful.

Smiling to yourself, you suddenly felt unease. Just thinking about yourself, it made you feel that you were forgetting something. Before you could wonder about it, Jenny had returned and hurriedly dragged you out. *It couldn’t have been important if I forgot it,* you told yourself.

Jenny rushed you out of the school and toward a group of boys you recognized as Teen Top. They turned around and grinned massively. “Hey!”

You grinned and waved. You all had an embrace. They haven’t been around much either, so it shortened hanging-out-time. Chunji gave you a quick wink and cheesy grin. You giggled. He has been extra sweet lately, ever since his confession and your breakup. You still hadn’t given him an answer; to be honest, you didn’t think you were ready for another relationship. Nevertheless, he understood and even helped you recover.

On the other hand, L. Joe was flirting away to Jenny, who responded positively. She spotted you and you winked at her. She stuck her tongue and the two of you laughed. Teen Top members, confused, shrugged it off.

“So,” Niel clasped his hands together, “what should we do to celebrate?”

Everyone thought for a moment. Your mind was blank. *Wow, am I really that boring?* you shook your head. “How about we go out to eat?” Changjo suggested. “A buffet, maybe?”

“I LOVE BUFFETS!” Ricky and you exclaimed, high fiving each other. C.A.P rolled his eyes.

“Alright, buffet it is,” he laughed and called for his manager. Soon enough, their van pulled up and you all squeezed inside. Eventually, you were on your way to a delicious dinner.

 

Meanwhile in Boyfriend’s van…

 

“Hyung,” Minwoo called.

“Mmm?” Hyunseong replied.

“Isn’t it-“

“Yeah, it is.” Donghyun sighed, mid-sentence. The others sighed as well.

*The first time we won’t spend her birthday together,* the members thought, sadly.

 

~

 

 

You stuffed your face with another serving of noodles. Jenny, who sat to your left, also had another heaping spoonful of rice. Along with Teen Top, you were enjoying yourself at the local buffet. Other patrons were basically staring at your table, as if you were all animals, devouring the food. Who cares anyway?

Once you quit being savages, everyone leaned back, absolutely filled to the max.

“Sohyun-ah, I hope you still have room for dessert!” L. Joe beamed. You groaned and shook your head. “Well, to be you because you’re eating dessert.”

Rolling your eyes, a waiter arrived on cue. He held a mini vanilla frosting cake with a candle on top. *A candle? It’s not anyone’s-*

“Happy birthday to you!” your table sang, interrupting your thought. “Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Sohyun~ Happy birthday to you!” The other customers around clapped.

“Wait, it’s my birthday? That can’t be right..” you briefly paused.

“You forgot your own birthday?” Chunji was wide-eyed, as everyone else was too.

“Wow,” Ricky sneered and gave a slow applaud. You pinched him in response before taking out your phone and checking the date. 15th of May.

“Oh.” Teen Top and Jenny shook their heads.

“Now that you know, you can blow out your candles~” Jenny smiled. You nodded and blew them out. *So that was what I forgot.*

After the meal was paid for, you all walked to your home to open presents. As expected, you admired each and every one of the gifts you received, squeezing the giver.

The night was growing old and it was time for them to leave. Jenny decided to stay over for the night and Teen Top stood up. All but Chunji headed toward the door.

“Sohyun-ah, I still have to give you mine,” he said, pulling out a velvet box. He opened to reveal a star and moon necklace. They were both small, the gold star the tip of the milky crescent moon.

“Oh, its adorable,” you beamed and removed it from the box. Chunji took it from your hands and fastened it around your neck. You stared down at it, admiring its simplicity.

“Thank you,” you hugged him tightly, in which he squeezed back. He said goodnight and walked out the door to join s. You closed the door and turned around to find a smirking Jenny.

“I saw that~” she teased.

“Oh, shut up,” you threw a pillow at her and the both of you had a mini pillow fight before going to bed. 

 

 

 

 

Oh gosh,

after about a year now

I finally update!

*celebration*

5597_k2t.gif

tumblr_lka2eySStT1qj60veo1_250.gif

jo-kwon-seulong-ear-candy-o.gif

(i love this one^^^)

anywho,

I do apologize for my VERY LONG BREAK

(and so does Boyfriend)

(they were technically gone for a year and a half)

But I am back now!

finally got my own laptop 

PLUS its summer break

which means

MORE UPDATES~

I'm so sorry for the long wait 

(and Boyfriend is too)

and I hope you all still enjoy my writing

If it seems to have changed (in a negative way)

I will try my hardest to get back in the groove of things

 

Anyway... about Boyfriend...

tumblr_n6zlpqlMQn1qh33iro1_400.gif

tumblr_n6ylmmwhoG1rmoi96o1_250.gif

tumblr_n6ylmmwhoG1rmoi96o2_250.gif

tumblr_n6ylmmwhoG1rmoi96o6_250.gif

tumblr_n6ylmmwhoG1rmoi96o3_250.gif

tumblr_n6ylmmwhoG1rmoi96o4_250.gif

tumblr_n6ylmmwhoG1rmoi96o5_250.gif

tumblr_n6cgk5qLQR1rmoi96o6_400.gif

tumblr_n6cgk5qLQR1rmoi96o1_400.gif

tumblr_n6cgk5qLQR1rmoi96o2_400.gif

tumblr_n6cgk5qLQR1rmoi96o3_400.gif

tumblr_n6cgk5qLQR1rmoi96o4_400.gif

tumblr_n6cgk5qLQR1rmoi96o5_400.gif

(Boyfriend gifs from this wonderful person on tumblr)

I WILL PUT A BLOG POST ABOUT THESE LIFE RUINERS LATER

p.s. the next update should be in a few days, i promise<3

 

Ppyong~