That Time of Year...

Being Boyfriend's Best Friend
 
March passed by and April was about to, too. It was probably your most hated yet favorite month. You got up with a blank expression. Not tired, nor full of energy. Just, blankly. You were prepared since last night. No emotion was given not even a word when you got ready for a painful day.
 
It was the day of your parent's passing. Ever since you were 14, you had taken care of yourself, with the help of Boyfriend and their families of course. Your parents were thankful and good people. Always caring and know the smart thing to do. Always took good care of you.
 
They had died of a drunk driver while returning home of grocery shopping. You could remember it as if it were yesterday. 
 
~Flashback~
 
"Umma! Appa! I'm home!" you called out, returning from school. No answer came back. You furrowed your eyebrows and walked around. On the dining table, lay a simple note. It read,
 
Sohyun-ah~
 Umma and Appa went shopping for food! We have to get your favorite snack!
We'll be back soon~ In the meantime, do your homework and have the last box of Peperro.
Saranghae~ <3
                            Umma & Appa
 
You cheerfully set down the note and grabbed the Peperro. Heading to your room, you took out the supplies for homework and began working.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Munching on the last Peperro stick, you closed your textbook and put away the last of your homework. Grabbing the Peperro box, you sighed and left your room. Staring at the front door, you pouted. *When are they coming back?* you thought. Shrugging, you threw yourself onto the couch and switched on the TV. "Annyeonghasayo! This is SBS News!" the announcer said. 
 
Groaning at the boring intro, you got up and went to the kitchen. Tossing the box into the trash, you opened the refrigerator. "And now, traffic news." The screen switched to a helicopter view of a street. "Annyeonghasayo, this is Park Eun Mi here at Yongsan St in Seoul. Just recently, there has been a car accident." the reporter said. You grabbed a water bottle and sat back down to the interesting news. 
 
"At 5:17, a drunk driver, with the alcoholic level of .59, which is higher than the acceptable level of .5, was driving down Yongsan St." Park Eun Mi continued. "The man was driving the opposite way of the road. Unfortunately, another car was driving towards the car. The two cars collided, making a violent crash. The impact was strong enough to destroy the front of each car."
 
The cameras changed again to a close up on the cars. You were amazed about how badly the cars were damaged. "The innocent civilians was a married couple. They were found holding onto each other. The two of them were severely injured and were sent to the hospital. No news has been given, but medics say it is hard to survive that kind of impact." *Those poor people.... Hopefully it wasn't Umma and Appa.* you thought, taking a drink. 
 
"The couple was identified. It was An Jung Hoon and An Hae Mi." the reporter bluntly said. You spit out your water on cue. "T-That's umma and a-appa's n-name." you stuttered, water dripping from your mouth. A close up was shown on the two bodies. It really was your parents. Tears formed in your eyes. *Wait what?! This can't be happening!* you screamed in your head. "I have to get to the hospital." you said, grabbing your phone. It rang as you held it. It was Donghyun.
 
You drowned him out before he could say anything. "OPPA!! Get me to the hospital! Now!!" you rushed and hung up.  After finding out what hospital they were at, you yanked a jacket on and headed to the front of the house. Donghyun's car skidded to a stop in your driveway. Dashing in, Donghyun also had some tears in his eyes. Backing the car, he drove out of the neighborhood. 
 
Arriving at the ER, you jumped out before Donghyun could even park the car. "Sohyun-ah!" Donghyun called. You ignored him and ran. "WAIT!" he yelled. You kept running and Donghyun chased after you. Stopping at the reception desk, you asked for your parents' names. "Ah yes, the accident victims. They are just at the end of the hall." the nurse explained. You nodded and ran down the hall. 
 
There, Minwoo, Jeongmin, Hyunseong, and the twins were waiting. They were accompanied by their families. Oblivious to them, you ran past them, going for the ER door. Hyunseong managed to grab you. "Let me go!" you screamed, tears leaking out. Pushing and fighting his arm, you were unable to escape. "LET GO!!" you screamed again. Jeongmin came to aid and held you back as well. 
 
You tried fighting the two off with all your might. Eventually exhausting yourself, you gave up and landed on the floor. At the same time, a doctor exited the ER. You scrambled up and went to him, half crying. He took of his mask and sighed. "I'm sorry. They didn't make it..." he placed a sympathetic hand on your shoulder then left. 
 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
You broke. Dropping to the floor, you bawled your heart out. The others didn't have to ask to know what happened. The boys' parents began crying, to what happened and to see you like this. You were always a cheerful child, now this ruined that image. The boys cried along side you, not as hard, but as emotional, as if it were their own parents. They cried silently. The mothers of them came to you and embraced you. You couldn't believe any of this happened. You literally tore apart. 
 
The funeral was a week later. You stayed at Youngmin and Kwangmin's house for that time being. Dressed in a black dress and flats, you all drove to the ceremony. There, many people were invited. Family-friends, fellow employers of your fathers company, your mother's sisters, their friends, family, and more. Each person bowed for the memory of your parents then bowed to you.
 
After the ceremony, everyone headed to the graveyard. The drive was silent. You sent prayers to them as you held Jeongmin's hand. He squeezed it, telling you that they were at the graveyard. 
 
Your parents were in mahogany coffins decorated with orchids, you and your parents' favorite flower.. Getting a last look at them, the staff shut the lids and carried the coffins down. You watched the burying process for about an hour till it was done. 
 
People stuck around for a while, talking and giving you sympathy, which you didn't want at the moment. You sat alone at the steps of the funeral building alone. Darkness was overwhelming you, at least it seemed. You felt weak and cold. That you couldn't do anything now. Everything was disappearing and dying away. 
 
~End~
 
Gasping, you saw that you were out of the shower, dried. Not remembering what had happened, you just got ready. 
 
In a black dress and small heels, you stood in front of the mirror. You curled your hair and put light makeup. The black dress you had 3 years ago was too small but you still kept it. You heard a knock on the door. Opening it, Jeongmin stood in a sleek black suit. "Ready?" He asked softly. Taking a deep breath, you nodded. He smiled slightly and held out his arm. You wrapped your arm, and the two of you headed out. 
 
The rest of Boyfriend were already in their suits, quiet in the living room. They looked up when you entered, giving small smiles. Sadly smiling back, you headed to the van. Minwoo and Kwangmin held two pots of orchids. They were both pink. You were the only one out of your parents that liked the white orchid. You smiled at the memory of them teasing your of being the odd ball out. 
 
Boyfriend smiled along with you, happy to see you so strong. Arriving at the graveyard, you piled out of the van. Climbing the few stone stairs, you followed the trail by memory. It's as if imaginary breadcrumbs from Handsel and Gretel was leading you. 
 
Silently going around, you reached the graves. The gravestones before you read:
 
AN JUNG HOON                  AN HAE MI
1969-2012                           1972-2012
     
     BLESSED AND LOVING PARENTS
          MAY THEY REST IN PEACE
 
"Hi umma, hi appa." you whispered, crouching down. "Annyeonghaseyo umma, appa." Boyfriend bowed. "How are you? How's heaven?" you asked, dusting off the gravestone. "Is grandma okay? Tell her that we said hi."
 
There was a pause. "We miss you. Everyone does." You sadly smiled. The suns rays shone brighter, as if your parents were responding.
 
Donghyun crouched down as you stood up. "Have you been well?" The sun brightened, then darkened a little. He smiled and continued. "Do not worry about your daughter. She is strong and she has us. She's grown a lot. I promise you that we will protect her." A cooling breeze blew, as if your parents were thanking him. 
 
Getting up, you smiled at Donghyun and crouched down again. "See? They've gotten bigger. No more babies." you chuckled slightly. Waving Kwangmin and Minwoo over, you took each orchid one by one and set them equally on the grave.  
 
Smiling, you stood up again and gestured for the boys to say some words. Nodding, Jeongmin went down. As he spoke, you chose to walk away. Passing under trees, you weaved on the trail. Reaching the steps that lead to the parking lot, you sat on them. 
 
You sighed. Flashes of memories rolled in your mind. The pain you felt, the cold, pale skin of your parents, the loneliness. Tears were forming at the tips of your eyes. You thought back on how you had to live. Alone, to be checked on everyday by best friends, empty, sadness and depression. You wondered how you even managed to survive. 
 
That same depression and darkness returned from 3 years ago. It was surrounding you again, swallowing you slowly. You don't remember how you escaped it before. Feeling hopeless again, you lowered your head and buried it in your hands. You're happiness was being away. All you could see was black now. Nothing else, no one else. Just a cold, dark room.
 
But, a small light appeared on the other side of the room and began growing. Warmth embraced you. Soft warmth and love. The light brightened, replacing the blackness. Happiness was actually reconstructing. Fading in, were 6 blurred faces. Clearing up, you recognized them as Boyfriend, aka your best friends. 
 
Now you remembered why. Why you were able to escape the darkness and find happiness again. Them. They were your light. Your warmth and love. Your happiness. Nothing made you feel this way other than them. Nothing made you happier than being with them.
 
Returning to your senses, you were being hugged by Boyfriend. They had finished giving their words and came to find you. And you needed to find them as well. Receiving 6 sweet kisses, they helped you up and the 7 of you went back to the van. 
 
It was the afternoon and you were STARVING. Driving up to a chicken place, you all got out. Boyfriend threw on their disguises and you followed them in. The line was sorta long. Selecting the orders, the 7 of you waited. "Oh, I have to go to the bathroom, be right back!" you said. Kwangmin nodded and you went to the lady's room.
 
Drying off your hands, you fixed your hair. Putting on a satisfying smile, you left the bathroom. From the hallway, you could see Hyunseong ordering with the others next to him. About to join them, an arm blocked your way. "Hey there pretty girlll~" a guy slurred. You were taken aback. The guy looked at you  and smirked. 
 
He was quite tall and had redish hair, like an idol. Also, dressed like one and his face was slightly covered. But you doubted an idol would act like this. 
 
He held out a hand to caress you cheek but you stepped back. "Oh, don't be afraid. I don't bite~" he took a step closer. "Please move." you said, firmly. "I don't think so." he growled back.
 
Before he could make a move, Youngmin came to save the day. "Jagiya~ I've been looking everywhere for you!" he beamed, taking your hand. "We have to go!" Eye-smiling at you, he gave the red-head a glare before dragging you to the other members. 
 
"Gomawo." you sighed of relief. "Noona~ you're too beautiful! So many guys fall for you, including creepy ones like him." Youngmin pouted. You giggled and caressed his cheek. "Don't worry~ I don't like them! I love you." You smiled. He grabbed you around the waist and pulled you closer. "Y-Yah.. People a-are s-staring." you blushed. "I don't care~" he cooed, planting a kiss on your lips. 
 

You were shocked at the action but didn't think about it for the rest of the members were ready to leave. Minwoo bounced next to you, grabbed your hand, and ushered you into the van next to him. The delicious aroma of chicken filled the car and you all couldn't wait to eat. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
'Kay, so I've had this idea for this chapter for a while and I finally managed to fit it in!! Yay~
 
School's a bummer... Nothing fun.. *pouts*
 
*sigh* i guess that happens in middle school~
 
Oh well, at least fanfics keep me entertained ^_^
 
I appreciate the anxiousness you guys show me~
 
Remember, my lovelies~ Comment and sub! 
 
Not a requirement but if you like my story, you should!
 
Ppyong~