Plan B: Questioning

Being Boyfriend's Best Friend

8/27- A/N: Chapter 14 & 15 were lost during the crash of the site so I'm just editing them in from the old site so everything is the same~ Sorry for any inconvenience!

 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"So how are you and Boyfriend lately?" Hyorin whispered excitedly. You were in Boyfriend's waiting room backstage of MusicBank with Sistar. "Um, fine, I guess." you said, not looking up from your phone. Hyorin let out an annoyed sigh. "Fine? That's it? No signs of falling for you?" she hissed. You shook your head. She hung her head in disappointment. "Tsk tsk, our dongsangs don't have any taste in women.." she muttered under her breath. 
 
"Maybe they think nothing more of me." you mumbled sadly. "No no no no! I'm sure they do, but aren't certain." Hyorin comforted. You only  shrugged. Sistar sighed. They wanted to help you find love. While they sat thinking, Boyfriend quietly got ready. Looking through the mirror, Kwangmin saw your frown. 
 
"Aww~ Noona, why are you frowning? Noona looks prettier smiling and laughing." he said. You shook your head and smiled at him. "Much better~" he cooed. "That's it!" Bora beamed. You and the rest of Sistar turned to her. "Beauty and personality!!" she whispered, making sure you and her members can hear. Her members nodded in agreement. "What? Oh I'm not pretty, much less beautiful. And my personality is meh." you sighed. The girls looked at you as if you were insane. "You are beautiful and have the greatest personality!" they retorted. "But it's not our opinions that matter." 
 
Turning to Boyfriend, they grew evil grins. You got wide-eyed. "No!! No no no! Don't ask them!" you begged. "Besides if they do say that I'm pretty or beautiful or have a nice personality or whatever, it'll be in a friendly way." "Don't worry, we have a way that would change that "friendly way"." Sistar smirked and got up. Before you could stop them, they had already made their way to the boys. 
 
"Annyeong dongsangs~" Sistar cooed. The guys smiled and waved. Hyorin started with Minwoo. "Minwoo-ah~ I have a question for you. " she called. He looked up and listened. "What do you think of Sohyun?" she asked. "Noona's  beautiful, cute, attractive, smart, funny, really kind, playful!!!" he took a deep breath then was about to start again when Hyorin stopped him. "Hehe okay~ Would you date her?" she asked again. "Yesh~" he cooed proudly. Hyorin took mental notes and walked to another member. 
 
One by one, Sistar asked the rest the same two question, only receiving positive answers.
 
Kwangmin: "Prettiest girl ever! Nicest, coolest, funniest, smartest, and any other positive -est's!!! Yes I would date her."
 
Youngmin: "I'd say the most perfect girl in the world.  Probably yeah."
 
Jeongmin: "Sohyun? Pretty? Tch. She isn't pretty. SHE'S FREAKING GORGEOUS!! HOT AND Y TOO!! HELL YEAH I'D DATE HER!" 
 
Hyunseong: "She's an absolutely lovely, beautiful, sensitive, talented, intelligent and sweet girl. I would never say no to dating her."
 
Donghyun: "My sweet, awsome, hilarious, bright, adorable, talented, irresistible baby? I'd totally date her." 
 
Sistar took a seat after their exhausting questioning. "Well, how'd it go?" you said doubtfully. They only grinned brightly. *Oh god.* you mentally facepalmed. "They said absolutely positive things about you and said they would date you!" Soyou squealed quietly. "That means you have a great chance at getting them!" Dasom cheered silently. "Wait wait," they paused their mini-celebration. "If they said they'd date me, why haven't they asked me out?" you raised an eyebrow at them, obviously knowing the answer. That left your Sistar unnies dumbfounded. 
 
*I am forever friend-zoned.* you thought sadly. Sighing, you got up grabbed your coat, and left the room. Wanting for fresh air, you went out to the snow. Night had fallen but the white snow brightened the area. 
 
As flakes fell onto your head, you heaved out a heavy sigh, allowing you to see your breath. Stuffing your hands into your coat pockets, you looked up at the moon. Spotting your regular cherry blossom tree, you walked over there.
 
Sitting on the bench underneath the tree, you watched the petals flutter to the ground. "Guess I'm not the only one who sits here." a voice said. Turning, you saw Chunji smiling down at you. Smiling back, you replied. "Yeah, me too." Patting the seat next to you, Chunji sat. A comfortable silence grew over you two. 
 
"So, what brings you here?" Chunji asked. For a moment, you thought about telling him about your problem but then thinking he wouldn't be interested. You trusted him so you decided to tell him. "I like this guy that I've known for a long time but I'm not sure if he likes me back." you slightly lied. Chunji turned to you, listening. You continued. "My unnies are trying to help me get his attention and get him to notice me." You and Chunji chuckled at the same time. "But I doubt he'll think more of me than a friend." you sadly finished. 
 
Chunji felt sad. Giving you minute to relax a bit, he placed his arm around your shoulders. You stared at him and he stared back. "Well, he's missing out a lot. You're an amazing person." he said. You blushed at the compliment. "But Sohyun-ah, remember; I will always be here for you. The rest of the members are here for you." he smiled softly. Tears began forming in your eyes, glad that people were there and care for you. You leaned on his shoulder as he pulled you in comfort. 
 
After a while, you got off of his shoulder. Out of the corner of your eye, you spotted a dark figure behind you. Looking, it had disappeared and you shrugged it off, thinking it was your imagination. You waved goodbye before leaving off to Boyfriend's waiting room. Chunji sat alone, thinking. 
 
*I wish you'd notice me, Sohyun-ah....* 
 
Back at the room, you slouched on the couch. "Noona, where'd you go?" Youngmin asked. "Just for some fresh air." you smiled reassuringly. He nodded and went to get his mic ready with the others. 
 
"Sohyun-ah! Can you put Kwangmin's mic on him?" Boyfriend's manager asked. You nodded and rushed to Kwangmin. You gave a small eye-smile at him before setting up his mic. He gave a fake smile. You, busy readying his mic, didn't notice the absence of his cheery self. 
 
"Alright boys you're on stage in 3 minutes!" their manager announced. Finishing, you looked up at Kwangmin, who towered a few inches above you. Seeing his unusual expression, you tried cheering him up. "Hey, smile! You have to be happy for your fans. Hwaiting!" you did a small fist pump in the air. For a second, Kwangmin searched your eyes, then smiled truly. The boys soon left for the stage. Proudly watching them perform, you sighed happily. *I hope they'll find a way to love me more than a friend.* you thought. 
 
"Great job guys! No mistakes!" their manager said as Boyfriend re-entered the room. They nodded exhaustedly. You congratulated each member. When you got to Kwangmin, his smile had worn off. "Good job." you said. He looked at you with soft eyes. He exhaled harshly before walking past you. *What's wrong with him?* you pondered, but decided to ask him later. 
 
Kwangmin made his way to the couch. On the way, he accidentally but forcefully hit his shoulder against Hyunseong's. "Mianhae hyung." he apologized bluntly. Hyunseong examined his dongsang's pissed off expression. "It's ok." he replied. Kwangmin nodded before sitting and looking up on the couch. Memories flashed around in his mind. 
 
Images of you and Chunji together on that bench. How he hugged you closer to him and accepting it by leaning on his shoulder. 
 
 
"I will always be here for you."
 
"Well, he's missing out a lot. You're an amazing person."
 
 
 
"I like this guy that I've known for a long time but I'm not sure if he likes me back."
 
"My unnies are trying to help me get his attention and get him to notice me."
 
 
*Who's this guy she's talking about? She doesn't know any other guy longer than she's known us. Maybe it's one of us?! And what unnies? Maybe her friends? Why is she telling Chunji hyung this?? She never mentioned nor talked about this with us!* all these questions jammed into Kwangmin's mind. "Aish!" he frustratedly ruffled his hair and quickly stood up. "What's wrong?" Donghyun asked in a stern voice. Kwangmin sighed and turned his head. "Nothing." 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
You all headed home. Kwangmin offered to walk you to the door. Arriving, you two bid each other goodnight. "Ah, noona!" Kwangmin grabbed your arm. "Wae?" you said. *Should I ask her? Yeah, I should!* Kwangmin thought. "Nothing." he let go of your arm. *Aish, stupid!* he mentally slapped himself. You smiled and gave a kiss on his cheek then went inside. 
 
Boyfriend returned to their dorm and split ways to each others rooms. As everyone fell asleep, Kwangmin was still pondering. Realizing there was school the next day, he quickly dozed off. 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Updated!! So, Boyfriend said they'd date Sohyun, but why not ask her out? Is she really friend-zoned forever?
Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnn~ hehe Kwangchu got suspicious and jealous here! Haha mianhae Kwangchu oppa~ Hope you aren't too hurt. ^^
Lol, im being stupid >.<
 
Ppyong~