Chapter 9

너의 세상으로 (Into Your World)

You lay on your bed, pretty worn out from the entire day out with Kris. 
You smiled to yourself as you replayed the events in your head. From the delicious food to the beautiful night view of Seoul.
The reason you got to experience all that was thanks to Kris. 
You took out your new phone. Should you give Kris a call? Just to check if he got home safely..?
As you were contemplating, your phone rang loudly. The ringtone sounded like a group of people chanting and it shocked you for a moment there.
~Shoot anonymous, anonymous. Fatherless, motherless. No one who care about me~~~
On the screen it read, "Kris calling..."

You answered the call excitedly, "Hello?"
Kris smiled to himself as he heard your voice. He had missed it already. "Liking the phone?" 
You found yourself smiling to yourself as you rolled over, your back facing the ceiling. 
"Yea. Kai has the same phone as us! But his is in blue, though." You said casually.
Kris's face fell as he heard you mention Kai. "Oh, is that so? ..Such a coincidence."
As much as Kris loved hearing your voice, he really hoped you hadn't mentioned Kai. 

"Exactly!" You replied. "Did you get home safely?" 
All traces of unhappiness in Kris disappeared. "I'm home already." Kris said. 
Kris was feeling nothing but pure bliss, because you cared for him. "Are you.. worrying about me?"
Kris's question made you ponder for a while. "...I.." You hesitated. "I'm going to take a bath now, ..I'll hang up." 
You facepalmed yourself as you changed the topic drastically. 
Kris had already knew your answer. He laughed, "I geddit. Bye~" 

You quickly ended the call. Phew.. you thought. You got out of your bed and walked over to the closet to take your pajamas.
Is this what liking someone feels like.. you thought. An image of Kris's smiling face appeared in your mind.
You happily made your way to the bathroom. 



Kai was about to take a quick shower as well. He threw his towel on the seat of the toilet bowl. 
That was the only thing he brings to the shower, most of the time.
Kai looked at himself in the mirror. He realized that he looked fatigued, without any bit of energy left in him.
Of course, after seeing you and Kris.. Kai sighed loudly as he made his way to the shower. 
He stripped and threw his clothes near to where his towel was. 

You stepped into the same bathroom, and quietly locked the door. 
Kai, who was in the shower didn't even hear it. You placed your pajamas and towel on the sink table. 
You looked at yourself in the mirror. You looked happier than usual, that's for sure. 
Patting your own cheeks, you smiled as you started ping the back of your dress. 
Kai heard a soft sound and he stuck his head out. 

"Y-yah..!" Kai's lips were trembling as he watched your delicate hands pull down the zipper. 
He wanted to look away, knowing that it wasn't right, but he couldn't.
You jumped in shock as Kai's deep voice echoed in the bathroom. 
"KAI?!" You let out a scream and leaned your back against the door, quickly zipping back your dress. 
Kai immediately retreated his head back inside the shower. 
He realized he had forgotten to close the door, as he was too used to leaving the door open when he showers.

Kai mentally cursed himself for his lack of thoughtfulness. 
"Sorry. I don't have the habit of closing the door when I'm showering." Kai said, biting on his lip.
You started to calm down as you heard Kai's deep and soothing voice. 
"That's a very weird habit, Kai." You said, trying to sound lighthearted. 
Kai scratched his head. "Well.. Nobody's ever home anyway. Sorry, my bad." 

You understood why Kai had this habit, and you felt bad for him. "Its okay. No harm done. I guess I'll leave-"
"No!" Kai was almost shouting. "Just stay in here. I'll be quick." 
Before you could refuse, Kai had already the waters. Soon, the entire bathroom was filled with hot air. 
The warm water ran from Kai's hair all the way down to his feet as he rubbed his face. 
Kai couldn't help but wonder what ran through your mind at that point in time. 

You heard the sound of water running stop. You couldn't even see yourself in the mirror now, due to the hot air. 
"Kai, how do you bathe with such hot water?" You asked as you extended your hand out, you almost couldn't see your fingers clearly.
Kai reached for the soap and quickly applied it on his toned body. "I'm used to it. I can never bathe with cold water." He admitted.
Kai started to feel embarrassed, not because you were just around the corner while he showered, but because he somehow insisted you to stay.
Really, Kai? Telling a girl to stay in the same bathroom as you while you shower? Kai knew the reason for doing that.
He simply wanted to spend as much time with you as possible, although this wasn't the ideal circumstance.

"So.. How was today?" Kai asked, trying to sound nonchalant although it had been a burning question on his mind since you got home.
Still, he was hoping he wouldn't be too affected as well.
You didn't know how to start telling Kai about your day. "Well.. we went to Namsan Tower, and had really amazing food too!" 
"..And," You tilted your head slightly while thinking. You couldn't possibly tell Kai about the hug. 
"Oh!" You remembered. "I fell asleep after lunch, for a long time.." You still couldn't believe that you did that to Kris.

Kai's ears pricked up at your words. You fell asleep while you were with.. Kris?
A surge of worry entered Kai as he let the warm running waters hit him.
"Kris.. he.." Kai wasn't sure of how to phrase his question. "He didn't do anything to you, did he?"
You didn't really understand what Kai meant. "Uh.. no, not really. He waited for me to wake up before we went to the Namsan Tower."
Kai felt a sense of relief. "Oh I see." 
Kai knew that Namsan Tower was a place that couples would frequent. Of course, Kris would bring you there. 
You must have loved it there, Kai thought. As long as you are happy, he reminded himself, forcing out a smile.

"____, you should turn away for a while." Kai said as he turned off the water.
You turned around to faced the door and waited. You heard Kai's footsteps as he took his towel and wrapped it around his lower half.
"The shower's yours now." Kai said. You turned around and looked at Kai.
He looked exactly the same when you first saw him, with his dripping wet hair and bare upper body. 
You liked Kai's tanned skin a lot, and Kai noticed that. He wished he could have teased you but no, he couldn't.
In a way, you sort of 'belonged' to Kris now. Kai tried to refrain from teasing you like he always did.

Somehow, you were expecting Kai to come really close to you and make you feel all nervous and jittery inside.
That was what Kai would usually do.
But all Kai did was to ruffle your hair and leave the bathroom. 
No, ____. Wait, why are you hoping for that to happen? You didn't comprehend your bizarre thoughts.
You tried not to think of it as you started to your dress.

* * *

Kai went to his favorite place, the top floor balcony.
All he wanted was to have some peace and quiet as he sorted out his thoughts. 
Is he really going to give up without a fight? Kai sighed in confusion. "You are so useless, Kai." 
Kai's stomach groaned loudly, indicating that he was having hunger pangs. Kai looked at his phone. 10PM?
There was still time to go out and get food. Plus, he needed to get some fresh air too. 

Kai went downstairs as he heard water running from the bathroom. He should buy some food for you too, incase you were hungry, he thought.
Kai put on a shirt and made his way down to a street stall selling dukkbokki and other kinds of food. 
This should suffice, he thought. 
"Ahjumma, can I have 2 large bowls of dukkbokki? I'm taking it away." Kai remembered your liking towards meat. "Oh and also 10 beef sticks." He added.
Kai went to take a seat under the large shelter as he waited for his order. 
Around him was other customers who were eating away as well, mostly accompanied by soju.

"Let's go, shall we babe?" Kai heard someone say from behind. Kai wasn't the sort to care about strangers, but this time paid a little bit of attention.
Banging of tables were heard, "Are we going to your place or my place tonight?" 
It obviously sounded like a very drunk girl who said that. A low voice chuckled, "Of course it's my place."
Kai heard the sound of them getting up from their seats. "Kris oppa~" the drunk girl giggled. 
Kai immediately turned to see that the guy was actually Kris. 

Kris was leading a skimpily dressed girl to his car, looking as though he was going to eat her up any minute. 
Kai felt anger boiling in him. Didn't Kris say that he liked you?! Why is he now with some other girl?
Kris drove off to the nearest hotel that his parents owned, not knowing that Kai had witnessed it all.
Kai was raging now. He took the food and made his way back home. 

____.. Kai thought about you. Should he tell you what he saw, or should he keep it to himself?
Kai was at a complete loss of what to do. "Kris, you bastard." Kai said, his voice filled with fury. 
Kai should have known better than to believe Kris when he said that he really liked you. He should have taken Chanyeol's advice.
He shouldn't have let Kris bring you out... Kai couldn't stop blaming himself.

____.., he thought as he clenched his fist tightly. What should he do?

* * *

a/n: Hope you guys liked this chappie!! :) 
And do comment, I really love comments T_T AND YAY ITS A FRIDAY!!
So sorry to those who supported Kris in this fic. :P Stay tuned to the next chapter!


he's sooooo goodlooking *gushes forever*