Chapter 27

너의 세상으로 (Into Your World)

“Why is bungee jumping first on the list anyway?” Kai asks, as he reaches out for another potato chip.
You and Kai are lying on a beach mat, doing nothing but enjoying the sea breeze and watching as the clouds float in the blue sky.
“I’ve seen someone do it before… in a television program, and ever since then I’ve been wanting to bungee jump as well.”
Kai flinches for a bit. He’s not sure whether he shares the same thoughts as you. “What about Seoul University?”
Seoul University? Oh, right. You wrote that after bungee jumping. Wait, did Kai memorize it all already?

“I want to go to the best university,” You mumble.
Kai pauses. What is he going to do in life? He’s definitely not planning to take over his parents’ business.
“I believe you can.” Kai turns his head facing you as he gives a wide boyish grin.
You return a smile, “What about you?”
Kai looks deep into your eyes, as though he was trying to find the answer within you. “I don’t know, actually. What do you think I should do?”
“You like dancing, don’t you?” You ponder. Kai don’t really show interest for anything, not that you’ve seen it.
Kai chuckles, his gaze back on the floating clouds. “I love it, but I can’t make a career out of that, my dear girl.”

…Dear girl? Oh how lovely it sounds to you. You lose your train of thoughts momentarily. Luckily, you don’t blush, but inside of you is a wreck.
“Why not? Idols dance for a living.” You try to sound calm, and it works.
For once, you manage to escape Kai’s emotion radar.
Kai makes a low humming sound. “They sing and stuff as well… It’s not just dancing actually, and I don’t think I can.”
You get up and lie on your front instead, “Sing something for me then.”
Kai immediately shakes his head in refusal. You frown at him, and he contemplates for a minute or two.

He clears his throat. “Gom semari ga han jibe isseo”
You recognize the tune quickly, it’s the ‘Three Bears’ song.
“Appa gom, omma gom, aegi gom…” Kai’s voice trails off and he covers his face in embarrassment. 
You burst into laughter, not because his singing is bad, but at his attempt to make his naturally deep voice sound cute.
Kai groans loudly as he buries his face in his hands.
“Sorry,” You say in between laughing, “I couldn’t help it.”
Kai stops your laughter by pinning your hands to your sides, all happening within a blink of an eye.
He’s hovering on top of you now, shading you from the sun.

“I’m offended.” Kai’s expression is dead grim. Oh no. Is he angry? Seems like it.
You do nothing but stare at him, giving occasional blinks. What do Kai want now?
“…Oh, screw this.” Kai cups your face as he leans in to kiss you, his scent intoxicating you entirely. Wait, so is he angry with you or-
“That is your punishment for laughing at me.” Kai runs his thumb across your lips, smirking. “We’re equal now.”
You frown. He totally had you there.
“What a lousy excuse, Kai. Just say so if you wanted to kiss me,” You rebut. Two can play this game, Kai. Your subconscious is smirking along as well.
Kai’s gaze darkens as he inhales deeply. “You know, I told myself not to kiss you unless you tell me to.” What?

“And now I’ve not only went back on my words to myself, but you are posing me a challenge as well.” Kai scowls, “Don’t tempt me like that.”
Why would Kai do that? You wonder. It’s not like you’re not even putting any restrictions on him.
You frown. He rolls back to the space next to you, giving you more air to breathe. But it feels like something’s lacking when he’s not close to you.
Kai is someone who thinks a lot, you figure. Much more than you think he does.
So, you have the ability to tempt him. It’s… intriguing.


“When is your birthday?” Kai asks. It suddenly struck him that he has no idea when your birthday is.
You give a small smile. “I don’t have a birthday.”
Kai remains silent, lost in thought. He leaps up from the mat and stands infront of you. You look at him, puzzled. What is he going to do?
“Kim ____. I hereby announce that your birthday is today, 23rd of July.” Kai says, a smile playing on his lips. “Don’t forget.”
You stand up and look up at Kai. His tousled dark hair makes him look even more attractive than he already is.
You feel tears slowly forming in your eyes, blessed that this boy before your eyes is in your life.
“23rd of July.” You repeat. The date is etched deep in your heart now. It’s your birthday, and it’s given to you by Kai. A birthday!

You wipe away the tears in your eyes and smile broadly at him, “Do I get a present?”
Kai places his hand on his chin as he thinks. “I am your birthday present. You can ask for anything you want.”
You feel your heart swell at his words.
“Be honored. I’m a top choice amongst the girls in our school.” Kai gives that one-sided smile.
Kai’s a top choice? Does that mean that there are a lot of girls who likes him? So it’s not just you.
You scrunch up your nose, “That is a bad thing, Kai. You’re breaking their hearts.”
Kai furrows his brows. “Okay, I’ll go up to them in school and tell them that I feel the same way for each and every one of them.”
“No!” You retort a little too quickly, causing Kai’s heart to soften.

“You’re the only person I feel for.” Kai’s tone is soft. He extends a hand to you. “Come on birthday girl, let’s go back in. I’m going to become ten shades darker if we continue staying here under the sun.”
You take his hand naturally. There used to be static whenever you and Kai hold hands, but now it’s being replaced with warm bliss, strong and overpowering.
This is probably how people in love feels like.
“Its okay even if you become ten shades darker, you are still the Kai I like.” You say, attempting a smirk.
You could have sworn you felt Kai pause in his track. But he doesn’t, and he continues walking up the stairs.
He looks at you and shakes his head. “What do I do about you?”

And immediately, your plan to backfires. He smirks, and you flush. Oh, what a genius you are.
You and Kai are finally under shelter. It’s nearing evening, and you realize how the entire day passed by before your eyes.
“We’re leaving tomorrow?” You ask, a hint of dread in your voice.
Kai nods, “First thing in the morning.”
You feel your heart sink. If only you and Kai can stay like this forever. But there is still school. You sigh.
Kai run his fingers through your hair. “I don’t want to leave here too,” he whispers.
Your eyes wander to his thick, luscious lips. He notices, and he bites on his bottom lip.
Sometimes, you really think you hate Kai, especially when he does things like this.

You detach yourself from him. “What do you want for dinner?”
Kai sighs. You are becoming more and more difficult for him to handle, apparently. 
“Meat,” he replies sheepishly.
You arch a brow, “That is what I want.”
“Exactly.”
You beam and quickly turn to the kitchen. Kai’s words have that special effect on you, it’s just crazy.
Kai decides to lie on the lounge chair at the balcony. He runs through your life list in his head, and makes a promise to himself to fulfill everything for you.
That’s probably the least he can do, it’s his personal method of loving someone. It’s an entirely new feeling to him, wanting someone this way.
Protecting you, making you happy. A smile slowly appears on his lips, knowing that you love him as well.
Ah, yes, that reminds him of his life list. Never had Kai expected to fulfill it that soon. “To be in your heart, cancelled.”
 
After a long hour, you’ve finally finished cooking. It’s still a tad early for dinner.
You leave the kitchen and call out for Kai, but there wasn’t a response.
You check the rooms and the main living room. Where could he be?
Was he at the beach? You walk towards the balcony, where you finally find Kai.
He’s sleeping peacefully on the lounge chair, looking as beautiful as ever.
Kai looks worn out, but happy as well. Oh, right. He woke up exceptionally early this morning to make breakfast.
You sit on the edge of the lounge chair next to him, as you admire his delicate features.
It reminds you of when you first came into the family and woke him up.
Something in his pocket catches your attention. It’s a piece of folded paper.
You carefully take it in your hands and open it. It’s your life list, along with his.

xx xx xx xxxx xxxxx
It’s cancelled? Does that mean that it’s fulfilled already…?
What happened between the time you and Kai wrote the life list and now?
The kiss! You gape slightly. Is this something to do about you?
“You didn’t get permission from me before taking it from my pocket,” Kai says softly. “Thief.”
You frown, “I am not a thief.”
Kai sighs. “First you stole my heart, and now even our life lists. What do you want exactly?”
There he goes with those words again! “What is this about?” You point at the cancelled line.

“You fulfilled it, why are you asking me?” Kai says in a playful tone.
Your guess is right, it is about you after all.
Kai takes the paper in his hand. “It’s your heart. I wanted you to love me.”
“I already do,” you reply.
He tucks your hair behind your ear, “I know. That’s why I cancelled it.”
Kai’s touch is gentle and loving, his expression subtle.
At this moment, all you know of are your feelings for Kai, waiting to explode any second from now.

Your hand finds its way to Kai’s soft, fluffy hair. He looks at you apprehensively, wondering what your next move will be.
Holding his head in place, you lean in and give a quick peck on his lips.
Thankfully, you don’t blush. Kai bites down on his lip again, he’s surrendering to temptation.
“You do not leave me hanging like this.” He says, caressing your cheek.
“Try me.” You challenge, giving him the green light.
Kai sits up, his gaze never leaving yours. He pulls you closer to him, your shoulder in contact with his firm chest causes you to shudder.

He places his palm on the back of your neck, sending tingling sensations down your spine. It’s a Kai effect, you conclude mentally.
Kai leans in as he gently presses his lips against yours. He breaks the contact, and you frown. “Don’t like it either, do you?”
Kai gives a wicked smile before holding up your face to meet his. This time, he kisses you the same passionate way he did earlier.
You rest your hand on his bare chest as he deepens the kiss, his lips having complete dominance over yours.
How you wish time could stop right now at this moment being here with Kai.
He abruptly stops. “Dinner time,” he smirks as he gets up from the lounge chair.

You and Kai talk throughout dinner. He told you about when he and the oppas played truant for the sake of fun, and they got caught.
It reminded you that you haven’t been seeing them for a long while.
Kai also said briefly about some of the past overseas trips he had with Mom and Dad, which again reminded you of Kris.
You wonder how Kris is doing, whether he’s still in Korea or not. Or maybe he has gone back to China already.
“Will you take over Mom and Dad’s business just like how Kris will be taking over his parents?” You ask.
Kai shakes his head, “Business and stuff are really not my kind of thing.”
He pauses. “How do you know Kris will be taking over his parents?”

“He told me when we were in China…” You remember the bad memory about what Kris did right after that conversation took place.
“Kris seems to trust you a lot.”
He does? “I guess so.”
“Do you trust him the same way?” Kai asks carefully.
What is this now? Kai is inquiring about you and Kris?
You sigh, “He’s a good friend actually, if not for the fact that he did that.”
Kai juts his bottom lip out slightly. Oh.
“He took really good care of me when we went out, and most of the times in fact.” You say, testing the waters as you go along.
Kai purses his lips hard into a straight line. Is this jealousy? Or anger? Or both? Something tells you it’s the former.

“I take good care of you too, don’t I?” Kai’s voice is hesitant. You used to have some feelings for Kris, and it makes him very uncomfortable knowing that.
“I guess.” You reply. This is one of the rare moments when Kai is not confident of himself, and you ought to savour it.
Kai puts his utensils down on the table. “Do you prefer me or Kris?”
Aha! You are right after all. “Hmm… who knows?” You answer.
Kai’s expression is grim now. He did not expect you to be contemplating about it, wasn’t the answer supposed to be obviously him?
“What is it about Kris that you like?”
“Well… He can be a very nice gentleman when he doesn’t have his hormones raging.” You say truthfully in a casual tone.
Kai takes a deep breath. “And me?”
So he’s trying to make you compare both of them now. Oh.

“You cook.” You give a cheery grin.
“That’s all?! Because I cook?!” Kai buries his face in his hands, he’s stricken with despair.
You tug at his arms. Maybe you brought it a little too far. “Of course not, Kai. Eat up. I’ll tell you later.”
Kai doesn’t say anything even until dinner ends. You take a quick shower and change into your pajamas.

You then wait for Kai to finish showering as you lie lazily on the couch.
The night falls, and you realize it’s only about 10 hours away before you and Kai have to leave here.
Within a short span of a day and a half, it seems like so many things have happened.
You make a mental note to yourself to thank Hye Ri, although you have to admit it, she still makes you a little nervous especially when she’s with Kai.
Just then, Kai pulls you to the room, bursting your little thought bubble.
“Are we going to sleep already?” Your voice is clearly disappointed.
Kai crawls onto the bed and you follow suite. He sits cross-legged while you hug your knees. “Tell me now,” he orders.

Kai braces himself for whatever you are going to say. Your opinion of him is much more important than he thought.
“Well…” You ponder. There are so many things you like about Kai, how are you going to put it into words?
You smile at him. “You make me feel at ease, like I don’t have to worry about anything in this entire world.”
Kai looks at you like a young boy looking at the girl he is having a crush on.
“You protect me all the time, and you can be very thoughtful to the people around you, which I never expected.” You continue saying.
“And of course, your love for me.”

You look at him and sigh. “There are just so many things that I like about you, Kai. Since day 1.”
“Day 1?” Kai repeats.
You nod. Now, it seems like you are confessing to him. “Since day 1.”
Kai smiles, contented with your answer. “So do you like me more than you like Kris?”
“Are you being jealous now?” You are not sure whether you are happy or mad actually, but you frown.
“No, I’m not. It’s just… unnerving. So, is it me or is it Kris?”
You watch as his eyes widen for a bit. “Let’s sleep,” you chuckle as you crawl beneath the sheets.
Kai isn’t smiling again. Uh oh. But he joins you nevertheless.

He stares at you with his dreamy eyes. You snuggle up to Kai, taking him by surprise. It’s warm, as usual, Kai always feels warm.
He doesn’t push you away, and he rests his head on yours without a word.
You sigh. “Of course it’s you, Kai. I don’t think you know how much I love you,” you murmur.
Kai finally relaxes. His heart leaps in joy, hearing you say that you love him for the very first time. Kai hugs you tighter in his arms, never ever wanting to lose you.
He leans down and leaves a long kiss on your forehead.
“I love you, too. Goodnight, and Happy Birthday.”
 

* * *

Author's Note:
 This is probably my longest chapter yet! So sorry for not updating as frequently :( 

Hope you guys like this chapter... and be prepared because there won't be so much fluff anymore xD
I really appreciate all of the comments!! THANK YOUUU
And do comment <3333