Chapter 22

너의 세상으로 (Into Your World)

Ding~!

The elevator door opens. A towel is draped over your head, your hair dripping wet from the swim (if you would even consider it a swim).
The cold air hits you, and you start to tremble.
Kai takes his towel off him and wraps you in it. He fumbles for the hotel card and in no time, the both of you are back in the hotel room again.
“It’s cold,” You shiver as you sit on the edge of your bed.
Kai arches a brow as he looks for something in his luggage, “I’ve already given you my towel. Do you want my swimming trunks as well?”

You roll your eyes, in attempt to mask your embarrassment. “…No.”
Did Kai just offer you his swimming trunks? Because that’s the only thing he has on now.
Kai pulls out a first aid kit from his luggage.
“You bring a first aid kit whenever you go overseas?” You ask, surprise in your voice. Kai doesn’t seem like the sort to be so conscientious.
“Of course not. If not for you, I wouldn’t have to actually.” Kai purse his lips. Oh. So it’s for you.  Wait, is he trying to say-

“Open your mouth,” Kai orders. You oblige, as Kai takes out a tube of aloevera gel from the kit.
You watch as Kai squeezes some of the gel on his finger.
“It won’t hurt… right?” You ask. Your feel the cuts on your bottom lip stinging.
Kai cups your chin to refrain your head from moving, as he gently applies the gel over your bottom lip.
You stare at Kai, who is completely focused. Kai’s eyes are dark, his attention all on your lip.
“Don’t eat it. If you eat it, you will die.” Kai warns sternly as he keeps the tube of gel back into the kit.

You gasp, leaving your mouth hanging open, too afraid to let the cool gel get inside your mouth.
“I’m kidding,” Kai chuckles.
Just then, the doorbell rings. Who could it be? Mom and Dad?
Kai’s smile fades as he gets up to answer the door.
You hear Kai’s tone change drastically. “What do you want?”
“Is she alright?” A voice says. It’s Kris. Your emotions return, hitting you like spears.
“Go away, Kris.” Kai growls in a deep voice.
“Let me talk to her.”

You walk towards the door. Kris set his eyes on you. It looks sad... melancholic even.
What should you say? You simply return a stoic gaze.
“Are you alright?” Kris asks. No, you’re obviously not. How can you be alright when Kris almost took advantage of you a few hours ago?
Kris notices your slightly swollen bottom lip. He cringes. “…I’m sorry, I-“
He reaches out to touch you, but Kai pushes his hand away.
“Get your filthy hands off her, Kris.”

Kris’s expression is unfathomable. “Can we talk? ____?” If it weren’t for Kai, Kris was sure that he would already have taken you somewhere else.
“What do you want to talk about, Kris? Can’t you do it here?” Kai says, his tone hostile.
You look at Kris, his pained look starting to affect you. “...Okay,” you say. “Let me get changed first.”
Kris finally smiles in relief.
Kai narrows his eyes down at you and sighs. “I’ll get changed too. I don’t want to leave you alone with that…” He throws a look at Kris, “bastard.”

* * *

Kris leads you and Kai to a bar on the 2nd floor of the hotel. Kai scowls, thankful that he came along.
The bar has a relaxed atmosphere with a unique interior, along with classical music playing softly that adds to the overall tranquility.
There aren’t many people around, probably because it’s almost 1AM.
Kris exchanges a short Chinese conversation with the man behind the bar counter.
“Here,” Kris leads you and Kai to an empty table for 3.

“I ordered cosmopolitan for us,” Kris beams.
Kai his head, “Are you trying to get her drunk now?” Kai’s tolerance has reached zilch. Drunk?
“It’s my favorite. If you are hungry we can order some snacks too,” Kris offers, hoping that Kai’s tension will ease even if it’s just a bit.
“I’m sure the conversation will end before the cocktail even arrives.” Kai says in a monotone.
Kris turns to look at you with that same pained expression that managed to bring you here, “I’m sorry, ____.”

“Why did you do that?” You ask, hesitating.
Kris’s breathing becomes rapid, as he racks his brain for an answer. Why did he do it? He’s never wanted you in that way before, so why did he do it?
“I swear it was a moment of folly,” Kris manages to reply. “It will never, ever, happen again. I swear.”
The cosmopolitan arrives. Now you understand why Kai said that, it looks like an alcoholic drink in a frothy bright pink colour.

“What makes you think you will have another chance, Kris?” Kai’s indifferent tone is blatant.
Your mind starts to waver from the conversation. Maybe 1AM isn’t such a good timing to have deep and meaningful conversations.
You pick up a glass of cosmopolitan, to their horror. “____... You-“
Before Kai can finish, you already took a sip. It tastes like lemon.
The taste lingers in your mouth for a while. “It’s… nice.” You say, looking at the tiny bubbles in the drink.

“So,” Kris continues. “I already apologized, Kai. What do you want me to do?”
Kai glares at him. “You’re not allowed to be with her, ever. You can’t even control your bloody hormones for goodness sake.”
“But our parents want us to be together.” Kris says, matter-of-factly.

You listen intently at their conversation as you take your third sip from the cosmopolitan. Somehow, you want to drink more at each sip.
Kai’s eyes darkens. What Kris said is actually true, and Kai cannot do anything about it. “Unless she doesn’t want to… _____, is your glass empty already?!”
Kai immediately takes the glass away from you.
You blink at him, “Can I have another glass of that?”
“You can have mine… But don’t drink too much,” Kris says. Even he starts to worry.
You gladly take his glass in your hands, “Continue with the conversation~ Where were you, Kai?”

Both Kai and Kris look at each other with worried expressions, but they continue with the conversation anyway.
“And what if I manage to move her heart?” Kris says, a hint of challenge in his voice.
Kai ponders, hard. Honestly, there isn’t anything that is against Kris. The only deciding factor is you.
Kai knows that his parents will be more than happy to betroth you to Kris, and it is probably the same for Kris’s parents.
His heart sinks. All the odds are against him, so he realize. Kai’s parents didn’t adopt you to be together with him.
How Kai wishes he could oppose to it.

“If you do…” Kai closes his eyes and sighs. “I’ll let it be.”
If you really get moved by Kris, then what’s the point of putting up a fight?
Kai opens his eyes, his expression bleak. “But you cannot force her to do something that she doesn’t want to… or do anything that will hurt her, emotionally or physically. You know what I mean, Kris. If you do-”
“I assure you that I won’t.” Kris says, rather convincingly.
Kai shakes his head, not buying it this time round. “Speak with your actions.”

You slam the empty glass on the table loudly. Oh no, you’re seeing two of Kai and three of Kris. You roll your eyes at all five of them.
“You guys…” You stand on your feet, trying to stable yourself. You turn to face Kris, “You.” You jab a finger at him.
“You didn’t ask for my permission to steal away my first kiss… that’s very rude. Am I just another girl you want to take advantage of? Not a chance. I will only do it with someone I love... Make me love you first before you force your tongue into my mouth, Kris.” You say everything in a breath.
The cosmopolitan is making you brave... Oh.
Kai looks at you warily. “_____, I think-“

“And you,” You turn to Kai. “You’re not supposed to make me feel this way… And don’t decide things for me, will you? I want to have my own choice!”
Kai flinches. Is this what you really feel? Has he been too over-bearing?
You slump back onto the chair. “And I believe that Mom and Dad do love me. They won’t make me be with someone against my will…” Your voice trails off.
You watch as they look away in guilt. Ouch. Mom and Dad love you, they do, ____... you tell yourself again and again in your head.
But there's a possibility that maybe…maybe they don’t love you after all. 
“They do love me…. right?” You croak in a hoarse voice.

“You’re drunk, ____-ah.” Kris gets up, his face filled with remorse.
He should have known an apology wouldn’t cover up for his misdoings. He pulls up his sleeves as he pulls out your chair from the table.
Kai leaps from his seat quickly and scoops you up into his arms.
“I’ll take her back,” he says, his voice as grim as his face. Kris nods.
He watches as Kai carries you out of the bar. Kris helplessly falls back on his seat.
What should he do to make you regain that trust you once had for him?
Kris…you ruined everything on your own. He buries his face in his hands in distress.

Only his actions can prove not just to Kai, but also to you especially.
Kris needs you in his life, to take him out of the darkness. He sighs. I need you, ____...
 

* * *

Author's Note:

 Hmmm what should I say about this chapter? I had fun writing it, as usual, but this is much more enjoyable, I don't know why.
And yes, cosmopolitan is my personal favorite ;) Explains my knowledge, muahahah!
Well, hope you guys like this chapter! <3

And I've already sent a request for a poster so yay! I'm very excited for it!
FYI: The girl that I used for the OC in the foreword is Yoo Jiae from Infinite's YAMO and she used to be in the same school as Kai and Sehun xD 
I chose her because I think she fits very well with the character, idk lol
YAYYY DO LEAVE COMMENTSSS~

Hope you guys enjoy your Monday!