Chapter 28

너의 세상으로 (Into Your World)

“Kai… don’t leave me. Ever… Kai…”

Kai wakes up upon hearing your voice. Is she sleep talking again? Kai can’t help but grin, he can listen to you sleep forever.
Kai gently removes his arms away from you and reach out for his hand phone. It’s 8AM. Maybe he will let you sleep a little longer.
Kai looks at you lovingly, the back of his finger grazing your nose.
“I won’t leave you.” He whispers. “Ever.”
Just then, Kai remembers about his plan. He gives you a quick peck and gets up from the bed.
The past two nights is probably the best nights in his life, falling asleep with you in his arms. Kai wouldn’t ask for anything more.

Kai punches the buttons on his hand phone, to make a call to Hye Ri.
“Hello?” She answers.
“Hey, Hye Ri.”
“Oh, Kai. What’s up?”
Kai glances at you, who are still sleeping, before heading to the living room.
“Thanks for the private beach villa. Without this I wouldn’t been able to-“
Hye Ri quickly dismisses the topic. Inside her, there are still some tiny bits of feelings for Kai.
As much as she helps him out, she’d rather not know the details. “You’re welcome, Kai. The cleaning team will be on their way there around 9.”
“Got it. Thank you, Hye Ri. I really owe you one.” Kai says gratefully.
“Yes, you do,” is all Hye Ri replies before the call ends.

Kai decides to head back to the bedroom, but he sees you trudging out of the room.
Your hair is in a mess, your eyes barely half open. Kai smiles, wishing that he can see this side of you first thing every morning.
“Good morning.” Kai greets. You scratch your head as you squint at him. “You’re up early.”
Kai shakes his head, “I just got up not long ago… Oh, and you talked in your sleep again.”
Your eyes immediately widen, “What did I say?” Oh no. You really have to do something about this sleep talking habit of yours.
“Same old, same old. But it still makes me very happy.” Kai ruffles your already messy hair. “We have to leave this place soon.”
You frown as you stare on the ground. The past few days passed by a little too quickly, and a little too beautifully for you to bear to leave.

Kai holds your chin up, “I don’t want to leave too. Smile.”
You bare your teeth cheekily at Kai, and turn around back to the bedroom to pack your stuff. 

* * *

“I have to go somewhere later. Are you okay staying at home alone?” Kai asks.
You and Kai are in the same car that brought the both of you (and Hye Ri) here a few days ago, except that now it’s taking you and Kai back home.
You blink. “Where are you going?”
“Dance stuff.” Kai replies. “You have uncompleted homework, don’t you?”
Now Kai even knows about your homework status! Oh. “How do you know?”
His eyes roam around. “2 nights ago, you said that in your sleep. Mathematics and Science. Plus an essay.”
Not your sleep talking again… You groan. How many times have your sleep talking betrayed you?
“It’s okay, you have the whole of today. I’ll be out only for a while, anything you’d like to eat?” Kai pinches your cheek childishly.
You smile as wide as you can, “Meat.”
“I’ve figured.” Kai shakes his head and chuckles softly.

Finally, you and Kai arrive back home, after what seems like years. Kai thanks the chauffeur and he proceeds to carry the luggage in.
“Home sweet home!” You open your arms wide upon entering back in the house.
Just like a kid… Kai sighs, “I want to see your homework all done when I come home.”
What? Kai sounds like an over-bearing dad now. “How is that possible?” You glare at him. Oh no. He looks like he’s for real.
Kai puts down the luggage and takes large strides towards you. He holds your face, his gaze full of adoration. “Seoul National University, remember? I believe you can do it.”
All of the sudden, you feel a wave of sheer motivation washing across you. Kai believes in you... You cannot let him down, _____!
You nod at him, determined. He smiles and his hand slides down from your face. No kiss? Oh well.

“See you,” Kai says, heading towards the door. “Ah. Wait,” He turns around.
And in a swift movement, he holds the back of your head firmly and his luscious lips are gently pressing on yours once again.
He kisses you with strength, yet lovingly, sending flutters to your heart.
You can't help but wonder if you are already getting addicted to this.
Kai's scent is extremely delicious, it’s a mixture of lavender and rose.
“See you.” You say, panting a little. Kai’s kisses always leave you breathless. He smirks, and you watch him leave through the door.
You slowly make your way upstairs with the luggage. It’s all quiet in the house.
Kai… has been living like this for his whole life? All alone in this large, but empty house?
It’s okay, you think. Because now Kai has you. He won’t be lonely anymore… he won’t.

* * *

Kai arrives to a place familiar to him, the orphanage. Although he has only been here once, he actually do miss it here.
“Kai oppa~!” “Kai hyung!!” voices call out. A smile spreads across Kai’s face, simply contented to be back here.
Kai bends down to meet the kids at eye-level. “How have all of you been?”
The kids roar into chatter as they fight for Kai’s attention.
“All of you have been good kids, haven’t you?” Kai laughter is warm.
“Yes~!” The kids reply in unison.
Kai looks up to see the person he came here for – the head of Seoul Orphanage. “Kai,” she welcomes.

“Hello.” Kai bows. She leads him inside the orphanage, to where the office is.
Kai looks around the room. It’s not very spacey, and there is an entire stack of files at one corner.
Probably the information of the kids, Kai figures.
“What brings you here alone, Kai?” The head asks. Her voice is calm and soothing.
Kai bites on his bottom lip. How should he put this? “I…I want to know about-“
She smiles. “Her parents?”
Kai’s lips part slightly. The head is very wise, she’s another mind reader, Kai realizes.
“Just feel free to ask, Kai. I know everything about her… and her parents.”
Kai gulps. “Who are they?”

 The head closes her eyes for a moment, as though reminiscing an old memory. “Her father is a very smart and capable man, while her mother is, sadly, a shrewd woman who only thinks of money.”
Kai clenches his teeth. It doesn’t sound like they didn’t have a choice but to throw you here. They had a choice.
“But thankfully, she didn’t grow up to be like them.” She relaxes noticeably.
Kai his already dry lips, “Why did they…?”
“The couple chose their career over her. It’s a very successful company now, I’m sure you’ve heard of it.”
A company that Kai’s heard of? Kai inhales sharply as he takes in the information.
The head hesitates before continuing, “SM Entertainment.”

“Lee Soo Man?” Kai cannot contain his shock. She nods furtively, “Yes.”
Kai slumps back onto his seat, at a loss of what to do.
“She doesn’t know of this. I’ve never told her.” The head says, her tone filled with regret.
“Why not?”
“I didn’t think it was needed. Until the day when she was adopted by your parents… then I realized, how much having a family means to her.”
Kai huffs. His family isn’t giving her any family love either, what’s the difference?
“And when you came over with her, I know that she is in good hands.” She smiles at the memory. “Please take care of her. She is like my daughter.”
Kai looks up at her, “I’ve already intended to. Don’t worry.”
“I trust in you, Kai.” She says.

Kai’s mind is filled with too many thoughts. Little did he know that he would have gotten this as an answer. Lee Soo Man… the founder of SM Entertainment.
“Thank you very much for telling me these.” Kai stands up and bows.
She follows as well. “Would you like to stay a little longer? The kids miss you a lot.”
“It’s okay. There’s a diligent kid at home waiting for me.” Kai chuckles. “But I brought gifts for all of them, do help me to pass it. There is a gift for you too.”
The head of the orphanage sighs, “Thank you, Kai. I am very grateful. Thank you.”
“You're welcome.” Kai bows again. “Kai?” She says. “Her real name is Wen. Lee Wen.”

* * *

Kai knocks on your room door. “I’m home.” There is no response.
He carefully turns the doorknob open, and there he sees you lying still on your open book.
Kai places the food he bought on your table. Sheesh, falling asleep like this is going to cause you to have a sore back, Kai sighs.
Before he could scoop you up to carry you, you sit up abruptly, wide-awake. “What were you trying to do huh?”
Kai shrugs as he takes the seat beside you. “Are you done with your homework?”
“Of course.” You beam proudly, “I’m doing revision now.”
Kai brushes the back of his hand against your face, “Are you tired?”
You nod, “I was. Until you returned.”
Your words earn a grin from Kai, his smile dazzling. You probably could watch him smile forever.

“I bought food.” Kai lifts his chin towards the other end of the table.
Food! You immediately leap up in joy as you open up the box. “Chicken! Thank you, Kai.”
Kai smiles, but the lingering thought of your parents at the back of his head. Since the minute he stepped out of the orphanage, his mind has been a wreck and a mess.
“Is ____ your real name?” Kai asks subtly.
You chew on the tasty chicken meat as you almost miss Kai’s question. “I’m not too sure. I think they gave me that name… Why the sudden question?”
Kai takes in a deep breath, “From now onwards, your name is Wen.” You almost choke upon hearing. “What?”
“Wen will be your name from now on.” Kai repeats. Why is he doing this? He doesn't know. But one thing Kai is sure about, is that you will want to be called the name that your own parents gave you.
At least they bothered to name you…

You clean your oily fingers with a tissue as you absorb Kai’s words. “Wen?” You croak. It’s a nice name, Wen. It sounds oddly familiar, but you cannot put a finger to it.
Kai nods at you. “We’ll register your name tomorrow after school.”
“Kim Wen?” Your voice is soft, as it strikes you that you and Kai share the same last name.
Kai smirks, “My Kim Wen.”

* * *

Author's Note:

 YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
This is another fun chapter to write! Not as fluffy as the previous chapters though!
But I'm very glad you guys like my fluff writing<3
DO COMMENT!