Chapter 14

너의 세상으로 (Into Your World)

You woke up to see Kris sitting on the floor with his legs crossed, already in his school uniform. 
"Kris?" You squinted for a bit, "Why are you-"
Kris placed his hand on your cheek, carressing it gently. "Good morning babe." 
He smiled a little, making you feel slightly tensed despite it being early in the morning. 
"You can go back to sleep," Kris looked at his watch, "I'm driving so you still have-"
You immediately got up, hoping you weren't looking too messy, infront of Kris especially.
"It's fine," You hurriedly went to take your school uniform and head to the bathroom as Kris followed behind.

You felt like something was amiss. "Where's Kai?" 
Kris shrugged, "He's already gone when I woke up. Maybe he went to school early."
Kai wouldn't leave you alone to go to school, you thought. Or would he?
"Don't worry too much," Kris said. "I think we'll see him later." 
You nodded and went into the bathroom to prepare for school. 
Kris took a deep breath as he went upstairs to the balcony. He was feeling nervous inside and he needed to get fresh air. 

"Breathe, Kris. It's going to be fine." Kris assured himself as he imagined the scene of him doing his public confession later on.
Kris had already planned it well, from getting students to be his witnesses up to the preparation of roses. 
Kris thought of buying a ring, but he would rather save it for later. A ring would probably scare you off, he thought. 
He was glad that Kai even wished him good luck last night. Somehow, Kris hoped that Kai would be there to witness it as well. 
Kris took out his phone and called Kai's number. After what seemed like forever, Kai finally answered the call. 

"Hey, Kai." Kris cleared his throat. 
"What?" Kai's tone was obviously uninterested. 
Kris was almost tripping on his words, "Uh, I was hoping if you could be there as a witness later on.. you know, the public.. confession."
Even Kris was embarrassed at himself. Public confession?
A long pause was heard. 
"Just make sure she gets to school on time." Kai replied coldly. 
"I will," Kris said, an excited than usual tone in his voice. Kai then ended the call immediately.

Kai was already in school, long before Kris woke up. He knew he couldn't bear to watch you and Kris, even if it was just the ride to school.
He sighed softly to himself as he continued dancing in the school's dance studio, drowning himself in the loud music.
It's been a while since he last danced. His dance moves weren't as accurate anymore, but he knew that it wasn't because of the long break he had. 
It was because he couldn't keep his mind off the fact that you will belong to Kris, after today. 
With every move, Kai tried to express his anguish and frustration bottled up in him. 
Kai ended the dance with a slick pose, as he looked at himself in the mirror panting heavily. 

* * *

Kris was silent during the entire ride to school, and it wasn't usual for him to be that quiet. 
"Are you alright?" You asked, concerned, while making your way to class with Kris. 
Kris nodded subtly, "Yeah. Don't worry." At the back of his head he was rehearsing what he was going to say later. 
What were the chances of you rejecting Kris anyway? He thought. Probably slim, but there is still a possibility. 
As you squeezed through the crowded hallway, a female student stood infront of you. 
She bowed politely as she handed you a letter. "I know you're Kai's sister.. Can you pass it to him for me?" 

You stared at her, not knowing how to react. "This is..?" You carefully took the letter in your hands. 
The girl blushed as she hung her head low. "It's a confession letter," she mumbled. 
This girl standing before you.. likes Kai? 
You gave her an uneasy smile, but assured her anyway. "I will pass it to him."
"Thank you so much!" The girl squealed in delight. She noticed Kris who was next to you. 
"You honestly deserve someone better." She glared at Kris before smiling back at you. "Thank you, anyway."

You felt Kris stiffen up behind you. You never understood how people can make things so obvious infront of Kris, like as though he was someone without feelings or emotions.
Kris hated it when people say stuff like that. Never mind that it was to him, but you heard it as well.
That was probably the reason why Kris wanted to have a public confession. He wanted everyone in school to know of his genuine feelings for you. 
You looked at the letter in your hands. It was in a pretty envelope and it wrote To: Kai
Maybe you should pass it to Kai immediately, you thought. Lest you lose it.. 

"I'll look for Kai first, alright? See you in class." You gave a comforting smile to Kris. He nodded, as though aware of your intention to make him feel better. 
Kris also needed the time to check whether he's fully prepared. 
You wandered off to look for Kai, making sure that the letter wasn't crumpled. 
With mixed feelings, you went to Kai's class. "Kai?" You called out. You didn't see Kai, but instead you saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun. 
"Oh, ____-ah! Are you looking for Kai?" Chanyeol's deep voice echoed throughout the classroom.
"Not looking for us?" Baekhyun stuck out his lower lip. "Kai is probably in the dance studio, we saw him earlier." 

Dance studio? Kai dances? "How do I get there?" You asked. 
"Turn right and walk all the way til the end. That's his usual favorite room for dancing." Chanyeol replied with a wink. 
Baekhyun flung his hand in the air, "Hurry, go and look for him." 
"Thanks oppas! See you guys around!" You said. 
Following Chanyeol's directions, you stumbled upon a room just like you expected. 
The room was silent, and you wondered if Kai was inside. 

"Kai?" You called out. Kai turned around, his expression solemn. "Why are you alone? Where's Kris?" 
You closed the door behind you as you took dainty steps towards Kai. "Someone told me to pass this to you," You replied. 
You handed the letter to him, somewhat having second thoughts. But it was too late when Kai took and tore it open on the spot.
Kai sat down on the ground, reading the letter in detail. 
You watched as his expression remained the same. You were hoping for some sort of outburst from Kai, but nothing of that sort happened. 
Kai remained calm and collected even when he kept the letter back into the envelope. 

"That's all?" Kai asked. 
"That's.. all?" You repeated, "That's a confession letter!" 
Kai shrugged, as though he was already used to it. "So?"
"Aren't you going to look for her?" You exclaimed as you sat on the ground as well, facing Kai. "She likes you."
Kai raised an eyebrow, "Aren't you supposed to be with Kris?" 
"I was with him until I got that letter from that female student," you blurted out. 
Kai looked away, not wanting to maintain eye contact with you. 

"What if.." Kai mumbled, "What if Kris asked you to be his girlfriend?"
Kai held your gaze with his dark eyes, which intimidated you for a bit. It wasn't the usual gentle gaze he had. 
"What would you say?" Kai's words pierced through the silence in the room. 
It was the first time you ever thought about that possibility. Honestly, you didn't know as well. You didn't know if you were ready. 
"I like Kris," you admitted. "But I don't know if.." 
"If you're ready for a relationship?" Kai said, as though he had heard the thoughts in your head.
Kai always knew what you were thinking of, somehow. 

"Well," Kai cleared his throat. "I like this girl, too." Kai said, his gaze now vague. 
You listened on attentively, maybe because it was one of the rare moments when Kai let you into his inner thoughts. 
"But I can't be with her, for some reasons.." Kai gave a half-hearted smile as he tried to make it sound casual. 
"Why.. not?" You asked, truly curious. Kai looked at you with a pained expression, like it was really hurting him. "Just because."
"So," Kai said, slightly louder to ease the tension in the atmosphere. "If you really like Kris," Kai croaked as he spoke. 
"Don't let the chance go to waste." Kai gave that weak smile again. 

Every word that Kai said etched into your mind. A part of you wanted to be there for Kai, knowing that he had to go through such pain. 
Yet, another part of you felt hurt, and you didn't know why.
Kai thought you were pondering on Kris, but little did he know that all you had on your mind wasn't Kris, but Kai instead.
"No matter what," Kai continued. "If Kris ever hurts you.." 
"I'll be there for you."

Kai had already given up, his voice trembled from dejection. Even if there wasn't Kris, he probably couldn't have gotten your heart anyway.
It's just fated, Kai thought to himself.

* * *

a/n: 
omg hello guys!! I've got 100 subscribers for this fic asdfkljss;lkdf
I know it's not a lot but to me it's really a lot omg *faints*
Thank you guys SO SO much :") I really appreciate all your support and everything! 
Do leave comments, thank you!!