Chapter 2

너의 세상으로 (Into Your World)

"Have fun in school, kids!" Mom chirped happily as she walked you and Kai to the bus stop. 
You smiled to Mom and waved. It was the first time you were going to study in a real school. 
You pondered about what will be in store for you. 

Without any warning, Kai hopped onto a bus. You frantically followed him.
He should have at least told you to board the bus.. You sighed. Did Kai dislike you?
You thought of the night before at the balcony. Kai was still rather nice. 
You shook that thought off your mind, maybe Kai wasn't feeling well today?

Kai found a seat at the back of the bus. He usually took the bus alone everyday but today there was you, and it felt weird to him.
Kai patted the seat beside him awkwardly, indicating for you to sit with him. Kai's.. weird, you thought.
"Ka-" Before you could talk to him, he already had his earpieces plugged into his ears. Guess he doesn't feel like talking.. 
You figured that you should just drop the question. But you really had a desire to know Kai better. Since.. the both of you were going to be siblings anyway.

Kai was listening to his favorite song. Usually he would be humming along since the back of the bus was usually empty but today was different since you're sitting beside him. 
Kai felt his phone in his pocket vibrate. One new message from Chanyeol. "Kai, please don't tell me you are going to be late again." 
He punched in a reply and laughed softly, "Nope. Reaching in 10." Because it was your first day at school, Kai woke up slightly earlier so that you wouldn't be late. 
Should I tell her that we're reaching soon? Kai took out his earpiece and turned to you. "____, we're reaching." 

To his surprise, Kai found you fast asleep with your head bobbing up and down with the bus's movements. Kai took this opportunity to take a closer look at you.
Why did your parents leave you alone in the orphanage..? Kai was asking himself a question that was meant for you. 
All his life, Kai had felt really lonely because his parents had always gone overseas for business trips. Sure enough, it resulted to a wealthy family, but that wasn't what he wanted. All Kai wanted was to spend more time with his parents.
However, until yesterday when you appeared, Kai realized that he didn't have the rights to complain about his loneliness. 

"How did you live your life like this.." Kai uttered to himself. He was staring intently at your sleeping face, from your hair down to your chin andd slowly back to your eyes. 
Kai was getting a bit too close to you. It made his heart race for unknown reasons and he quickly went back to his original posture. 

"____." Kai cleared his throat. "We've reached. Wake up." He shook you softly and you slowly got up, still dazed from the short nap. 
You followed Kai closely behind, not wanting to lose him. Your new school was only a short walk away from the bus stop, it seemed like the campus was very huge. 
"Kai!" You heard someone call out. Kai smiled broadly as he ran over to a guy with curly hair. Kai smiles so happily when he's with his friends.. you thought.
"You rascal, what's the occasion today? You are actually on time." Kai's friend said. 
Kai shrugged and lifted his chin at your direction. "Nothing. It's her first day of school today."
Kai's friend immediately pushed Kai away. "Hi! I'm Chanyeol! And you are?" 
You had to look up at Chanyeol because he was more than a head taller. "I'm ____, Kai's.." you hesitated before continuing, "..sister."

Chanyeol shrieked loudly, "KAI! You never told me you had a sister! How could you!" 
Kai tried to explain himself. "Uh. My parents adopted her just yesterday." 
"Can we keep this low?" Kai said. "It might scare her off with the big hoo-haa." 

Truthfully, Kai didn't want everyone to know that you used to be an orphan, whether you're his sister or not. 
He just felt like it wasn't appropriate if everyone started to call you an orphan. 
"Of course! What class are you in, ____-ah?" Chanyeol's attention was on you again.
You took out a crumpled piece of paper from your bag. "01/3," you replied.

Chanyeol and Kai looked at each other. "Isn't that.." they both said. "Kris and gang's..?"
Kai's eyes were now dark as he grabbed the piece of paper from you. "____, can't you request for a change of classes?" 
You were startled by Kai's sudden aggressiveness. "I don't think so..? Why? Is there something wrong?" 
Chanyeol rubbed his fingers on his forehead. Even his smile was gone. "Avoid them at all cost." 
"Let's go Chanyeol, we're going to be late." Kai said in a cold manner. Before he walked off, his eyes were fixed on you.  ____.. Kai couldn't help but worry.

After walking away from Kai and Chanyeol, you went to your classroom with a bad feeling. Why did the both of them get so uptight.. who exactly is Kris and gang?
You got your answer when you reached your classroom. "Hey, new student." A guy called out. You saw a bunch of guys at the corner of the class. Is this..?
You heard chuckles as they approached you. There were about 6 of them, surrounding you as they eyed you from top to toe. You felt really uncomfortable at the sight of them looking at you like they were going to devour you any minute from now. 

"Sorry but.. it's kind of rude. Can you guys stop looking at me like that?" You said cautiously, not wanting to say the wrong words. They didn't seem like people that you could afford to offend. You backed off a few steps. The other students in the class simply watched, most of them with fear written on their faces. 
"We can't help it, sorry." The tallest guy teased. "What's your name, little kitty? I'm Kris."
You didn't understand why he addressed you as a little kitty but it didn't sound like a compliment. "____.. My name is Kim ____." 
You started to understand why Chanyeol told you to avoid them now. 

"Class, please be seated!" The teacher said as he entered the classroom. "Kris and gang, go back to your seats." 
Even the teachers call them 'Kris and gang'? You felt like you could finally breathe after the guys went back to the corner of the class. 
"Ah, new student, Kim ____ right?" The teacher said. You nodded. The teacher led you to the front of the classroom to introduce yourself. 
"Hello everyone, I'm Kim ____.. Nice to meet all of you!" You looked at your classmates as they gave you unwelcoming stares. 
Two female students at the front of the class whispered to themselves, "We should avoid her from now.. wouldn't want to be involved with Kris and gang."

'Kris and gang'. It was the 3rd time you've heard it, and it was definitely driving you crazy. 
Kai.. you suddenly wished he was with you. Even though he doesn't speak much but still, you'd rather face him than them.
First day of school didn't seem to go as well as you expected it to be. 

The teacher noticed the weird atmosphere. He gave a fake laugh before scanning the classroom for an empty seat for you. "Ah, ____, why don't you sit there? Next to Tao." 
You followed your teacher's gaze to the corner of the class, where the 6 guys was. You nodded and slowly made your way to the empty seat.
Basically you were going to be surrounded by them, again. Just your luck.. ____, just your luck.

"Hi, ____. We have fate. I'm Tao." You really didn't like the vibe he was giving off. It made you want to avoid him. 
"Can.. you not stare at me like that?" You asked, second time in the day. "Sorry." Tao diverted his gaze to the other guys. 
Infront of you and Tao was 2 guys, both also a part of 'Kris and gang'. You really hated the term now. 

"I'm Luhan. He's Xiumin." You were surprised at how young the both of them looked. They seemed the nicest, as they didn't give you the odd stares.
Maybe school is not that great after all.. 

TIme was passing very slowly. You let out a sigh of relief when the bell rang, indicating that you survived the first day of school. 
"____, do you wanna come over to my place?" Kris, who was on your other side asked. 
Lay smirked, "You should. His place is huge.. his bed, especially." 
"As well as his-" Before Lay could finish his sentence, Chen put his arm around him and covered his mouth. "Don't screw it up for Kris you idiot."

You shook your head profusely. "It's okay.. I've to go home early. Sorry." You hurriedly packed your stuff and ran for your life. 
You don't know what you were running for, but you just felt like running away from the classroom. 
First day of school.. you was expecting it to be fun, you thought you would have made many friends. But it was all wrong.
You sighed as you started walking. Where do you go now.. you wondered. 

"____." You heard a familiar voice. You turned around to see Kai leaning against the lockers in the hallway. 
You've never felt happier seeing Kai. Although he was weird, but you knew you could trust him. "Kai!" you replied, taking large steps towards him.
"Did anything happen?" Kai asked. The disgusting looks that the guys gave you appeared in your mind. "Nope! It was fun!" 
Kai finally relaxed, after a long day of worrying. "Let's go home, Mom's waiting for us."
You wished you could hug him at that instant, but it would get unwanted attention. Still, you felt completely at ease with Kai.
"Let's go!" you smiled cheerfully.