Chapter 1

너의 세상으로 (Into Your World)

"Kai~" Your mom called out upon stepping into the house. Looking around, you saw many photos of your family hanging on the wall, and there were some on the table.
You noticed a boy in the photos. This must be Kai, you thought. You picked up the photoframe nearest to you.
The boy in the photo had tanned skin, deep dark eyes and thick luscious lips.
You unconsciously found yourself staring at his lips. 

"Kai, meet your new sister, ____!" You heard your mom say.
You looked up and all of a sudden, you felt your legs turn into jelly.
Infront your mom was Kai, with his hair dripping wet and with nothing but a towel wrapped at his waist.
You recognized him as the boy in the photos,  just that he was much more good-looking in real life.
Kai had just finished bathing and he stepped out of the bathroom, with his hand on his wet hair.

"OMO!" You turned around and covered your eyes with the photoframe.
It was the first time you had ever seen a guy topless.. How can someone walk around in the house wearing nothing but a towel?!?
Kai realized there was a stranger at home, but he didn't feel a tinge of embarrassment. 
"I'm Kai." he said. "Do you need help with your belongings?" 
"Kai-ah, help your sister to carry her stuff upstairs. You know where her room is, I've prepared it already." Mom quickly said, trying to ease the awkwardness between you and Kai. 

"My dear son, please wear a top at all times." Mom whispered to Kai nervously.
"Mom.. haven't you got used to it?" Kai let out a soft chuckle. 
Mom hit Kai lightly on his well-built arm, "But still! Until your sister gets used to it." 
Kai slowly turned to look at you. You couldn't look at him straight in the eye.. his gaze was somewhat alluring, nothing like what you have seen before.  
His eyes was cold, sending chills down your spine. 
"Thank you." you said, trying to avoid eye contact.
Kai proceeded on to carry your belongings. It wasn't much, but you were still grateful. 

Kai, on the other hand, scratched his head with his free hand. Sister, huh? He thought.
You cautiously followed Kai upstairs to where your new room was.
Upon entering the room, you let out a loud gasp. 
"Its so pretty!" You exclaimed. Kai turned around, "..This room used to be my 2nd room." He awkwardly placed your belongings and left your room quickly.
Who needs 2 rooms?! you thought.
You spent the next hour lying on the bed and unpacking your stuff.
You loved the overall concept of the room. Jumping on the bed, again, you squealed excitedly like a fangirl.
Kai overhead everything, well, since he was in the room next door.
If you were a guy he would have told you to shut up long ago.
Why did his parents get a sister for you again? Kai thought.
However, your face was lingering in his mind. Kai shook his head, hoping that it would get rid of your image in his head. 

"Come down for dinner kids!" You heard your mom call out from downstairs.
Before you went downstairs, you saw Kai's room door still shut close.
This is Kai's room right..? Should you wait for him to go downstairs together? 
You knocked at the door softly for a few times. "Kai.." No response. "Kai..?" 
Quietly, you opened Kai's room door. There, you saw Kai sleeping soundly on his bed.
You walked on your toes towards Kai, trying not to make a sound. He's so..pretty.
Kai probably has a lot of girls in school that likes him, you thought. Your finger traced Kai's facial features.
He looks so much more gentle while sleeping.
Softly, your finger made its way down to his lips, which you knew was your favorite feature of him. 

"What are you doing?" Suddenly, Kai's hand gripped your wrist tightly.
"Are you..trying to take advantage of me?" Kai's eyes flew open and you pulled your hand back quickly. 
"I..I wasn't! Mom..told us to go down for dinner." You retaliated immediately.
"Is that so?" Kai smirked as he kicked his blanket off the bed.
He was now standing infront of you, and you took a few steps back. "I..I'll see you downstairs."
Why did you do that for, ____?! You mentally blamed yourself as you made a run to downstairs.
Left alone in the room, Kai put on a white shirt that looked a little too tight for him.
Why did she touch my face anyway? Kai shrugged and went downstairs as well.

"This is the very first meal that our family is having together.. ____-ah, welcome to the family! From now on, your name will be Kim ____." Mom said, putting your hand in hers.
For the first time, you felt the warmth of having a family. It was a great evening spent with your new family.
After dinner, you went to walk around the house. There was a huge balcony and even a mini pool on the 3rd floor.
It seemed to you that your family was pretty well off. While enjoying the night breeze, you felt someone behind you. 

"Its pretty here, right?" Kai said, as he stood beside you to enjoy the breeze as well.
Although it surprised you for a bit, you nodded in response. "I'm sorry about just now. I shouldn't have touched your face while you were sleeping."
Kai continued looking outside.
You could see he was smiling a bit. The moon light was shining on his face now, and it looked absolutely beautiful to you.

"I can't treat you as a sister yet. But I'm sure in time to come, we can be like siblings." Kai murmured softly, but it was audible.
Seeing Kai like this, you realized he was actually kind of lonely.
But you couldn't but a finger as to why or how..he just seemed..
lonely.

"Well. First day of school is tomorrow. All the best." with that said, Kai turned around and walked away.
He soon felt the goosebumps on his arms. That was totally not him to say such stuff. 

Ew.. 'but i'm sure in time to come, we can be like siblings'?!? What the hell, Kai, he thought.

 

a/n: This is the balcony btw! For those who needed to visualize it :)