Special Chapter

너의 세상으로 (Into Your World)

 

Kai stretches and yawns, rubbing his eyes as the sunlight blinds him. The ring on his fourth finger grazes his skin gently, and Kai holds his hand up to gaze at it lovingly. He wonders if you are already up, up for school probably?
It has been 3 months since he last saw you, despite the ironic fact that he sees your father almost everyday.
All the relationship relied on was text messages and occasional phone calls.
“Good morning.” D.O greets, while making his bed. He had already gotten up way before Kai did. “Remember to remove your ring.”
Kai nods groggily in response. Yesterday was the 4th time he forgot to take out the ring before heading out of the dormitory, and many photos of him wearing his ring had already surfaced on his Internet.
Of course, the topic of Kai’s ring had already become a hot topic amongst the new fans, even before they got to debut properly.
“Tomorrow’s our showcase, right?” Kai asks, sitting up on his bed.
D.O purses his lips, knowing that Kai forgot about their schedule again. “It’s today. I just reminded you last night.”
“…Right. Today. I knew that.” Kai gives a sheepy smile.
D.O sighs, “You totally forgot about that. Anyway, is Wen coming to watch us?”

Kai stares on the ground as he ponders. Will you be attending the showcase? Probably not, since you have school to attend.
“I don’t think so.” Kai murmurs, unable to hide the disappointment in his voice.
He decides to send you a text message for confirmation.
D.O shakes his head seeing how Kai reaches for his phone as though his life depended on it.

“Good morning my love. Are you up? Today’s our showcase, I was just wondering if you know…maybe… your dad gave you tickets or something? Anyway, do take your breakfast. – Kai @ 8.32AM”

“We should head to the practice room soon. The rest are probably up already.” D.O pats his bed sheet as he finishes.
Kai frowns as he doesn’t get the usual instantaneous reply from you. He casually slips his phone into the pocket of the jeans he would be wearing later.

* * *

“PLEASE.” You say for the umpteenth time, almost shouting actually. You’re getting desperate. This is not good, Wen. “I’ll buy it, at any cost.”
The fan girls stare at you, puzzled. They seemed to be half bought over. Yes! “At any cost?”
You pause. Wait, what are you saying? You can’t afford that much! You have only about 50 bucks more than the original ticket price.
“Scratch that. Original price. Plus 50 bucks. And autographs.” Your voice is as tiny as a mouse.
One of them scoffs, “We can get that anytime during their fan signs.”
Ugh! “…Autographs… on your own belongings.” You manage to force out. Uh oh.
The fan girls look at each other, communicating through signals and eye contact. You can’t tell if they are going to agree, but it seems like it. You have been half studying and half working for the past month, just to afford for the showcase ticket. Appa has given you a ticket, but you chose to save up on your own, of course, without his knowledge.
The fan girls finally turn to you again, “Do we get to choose which members we want?”
“Yes.” You mumble almost incoherently.
“Deal. 250 bucks please.”

* * *

Squeezing your way through, you finally manage to find a seat. You’re dressed fully covered up from top to toe, like how a burglar would. There’s no way you’re going to get caught by Appa, knowing that he’s somewhere in the audience as well.
The thought of hiding from everyone while sitting in the very first row sends your adrenaline rushing. You haven’t seen Kai for a long while now, except maybe on your laptop screen and the television.
Gingerly, you take out your not-so-artistic-but-okay fanboard for EXO. It’s nothing fancy, just a small handy board with the word ‘EXO’ on it, you didn’t have much spare time to do something pretty for them.
The lights turn off, sending all the fans screaming and cheering at the top of their lungs.

* * *

“Let’s go~” Suho ushers all the members out. The fans can be heard loud and clear even from backstage.
Kai takes his position, in the middle, of course. It’s going to be their first time performing live infront of their fans, an extraordinary moment for all of them.
Except that it’s a pity, because you won’t be here watching him.
The familiar music starts, and Kai starts dancing as well. He puts in extra punches in his dance moves than how he usually would, since he’s carrying the position of the main dancer in the group.
Kai turns to see a rather peculiar fan sitting right infront at the first row. He can’t tell whether it’s a guy or a girl, but the fan is simply sitting still, donned in dark colored clothing.
Kai takes an odd interest in this fan, who has his/her small fanboard held upside down as well. His gaze lingers for a while on that fan, causing him to miss a beat in the choreography, but he quickly amends it to blend in with the rest.
He makes a mental note to notice her more.

(part 2 soon!)

-- 

(Updated @ 4/10: Part 2)

“A ­­splendid performance, EXO! Now its time for the Q&A session, I’m sure the fans have been waiting for this.” The MC, Leeteuk, announces excitedly. You watch as all of them take their seats in an orderly fashion. All of them definitely slimmed down, even Xiumin lost the chubbiness in him.
But there’s no doubt that all of them looked so much better now.
“For the first question,” Leeteuk says. “What are EXO’s ideal types?”
You throw a quick glance at Kai. He’s seated right in the middle. Oh no. He’s staring at you, his expression unreadable. You immediately divert your gaze somewhere else.
The fans around you yell loudly, “THE FANS!” The girl beside you likes Kai as well. Uh oh.
A pang of guilt hits you as she squeals excitedly for Kai. She probably never expected her favorite member to be… married, right?
“Let’s start from EXO’s leader, Kris! What’s your ideal type?”
Kris gaze is cautious as he holds the microphone. Watching him like this really makes him seem like a celebrity.
“My ideal type is…” He pauses, and a faint smile appears on his face. “A girl who’s honest, and straightforward.”
You grin, knowing whom exactly Kris is referring to.

* * *

Kai narrows his eyes at the fan directly infront of him. It’s you, his wife. He knows it. He would recognize that pair of eyes anywhere.
Kai scoffs, watching you grin while Kris is answering the question.
He’s this close to getting up from his seat and make you stop looking at Kris while smiling like an idiot, but he can’t.
Isn’t Kris supposed to be your old flame? Kai purses his lips as all the thoughts run through his head. Finally, it’s his turn to answer the question.
He notices your nervous flickering, unsure gaze.
“My ideal type,” Kai’s voice booms throughout the stadium. “A girl who doesn’t eat too much, and doesn’t sleep talk.”
Kai’s gaze never once left yours. He smirks, knowing that you are obviously listening to his words.
“Ah, of course, I don’t like girls who study too much.”
Everyone stares at Kai, appalled at his detailed statements. The fans are even more convinced now that there’s something more to the ring that he’s worn on several occasions.

Suho hurriedly snatches the microphone before Kai could continue. All of the other members knew exactly what Kai was doing, but they have no idea why.
After a few other questions regarding stuff like the cleanest member, and the member that sleeps a lot, its finally down to the last question.
Leeteuk’s smile becomes vague as he reads the last question. “T..the last question is for a particular member. Kai.”
“Excuse me, but you held your fanboard upside down.” The fangirl next to you says. You look at your fanboard in surprise. Uh oh. She’s right.
You quickly turn it around. Damn, is that why Kai has been staring the entire while?
“Thank you.” You quickly murmur. Somehow, you feel guilt towards her.
Kai’s voice booms loudly again. “Me?” He looks as confused as everyone else.
Leeteuk nods his head slowly. “The question for you is: Do you secretly have a girlfriend? If not, what is the purpose of the ring?”

You gasp. The ring? The wedding ring?
“This?” Kai says, to everyone’s surprise. He holds up the wedding ring out from his pocket.
All the members’ look distraught. They weren’t expecting Kai to do this. Kai remains silent as he looks at you. “Well…”
He’s torn between revealing the truth and keeping it a secret. How would the fans react if he told them that he’s already married?
Kai takes in a deep breath. “There’s someone special to me. And she’s here.” He tries to gauge your reaction from where he is, but its masked by your exaggerating outfit.
The fans all let out a cry, hearing Kai’s words.
“But I hope all of you will continue giving me, and EXO a lot of love. Because we really cherish all of you, our fans.” Kai’s voice is soft.
A wave of silence washes over the audience, before they break into a chant. “Gwenchana, gwenchana, gwenchana, gwenchana…”
“Thank you. All of you.” Kai beams as he passes the microphone to LeeTeuk.

“Please continue supporting EXO! This is the final song before the showcase ends.”

* * *


“Your ideal type is someone who doesn't study, eh?” You shake your head, amused. Kai lies quietly on his side as he watches you finish up a piece of school assignment.
The both of you are at the beach villa, a special request by the EXO members for everyone to take the day off after the showcase ended.
“I only get a day off, and you choose to do your school work instead?” Kai frowns, not that he’s exactly unhappy; he’s rather contented being out here at the balcony enjoying the breeze with you.
You ignore him, scribbling words as quickly as possible so that you’ll have time for him later. “I spent a good amount of time raising up that amount to attend the showcase, Kai.”
“Mr. Lee told me you turned down his offer! You could have taken a free ticket from him,” Kai pouts, just like how a little kid would. “Anyway. Why did you make an EXO board?”

You can’t help but roll your eyes at your husband. “Who’s board am I supposed to make then? Super Junior?”
“There’s 12 people in EXO, are you a fan of all of us?” Kai complains childishly.
You finally understand what Kai is trying to get at. “So you want me to make a Kai board, do you?”
“Of course!” Kai admits blatantly, without a hint of embarrassment. Oh god.
“And you were smiling like an idiot while Kris-“
You sigh, getting up and squeezing between the small space next to Kai. You snuggle up to his warm, comfortable chest that you love.
“God you’re so insecure.” You murmur, pulling his arms around you.
Kai buries his face on your head, “I missed you. It’s been 3 months since I’ve last held you close like this.”
“This is not a reason for you to be so insecure.” You chide. “I’m watching you every single day, on the Internet.”
Kai frowns. “But I can’t do the same. I only have your text messages. You know that.”
You sigh, understanding your husband’s plight. You probably would become insecure as well if you were him.
“I told you I would wait forever.”
Kai chuckles, then nods. He feels like a spoilt brat, but you assuring him definitely lifts up his mood.

“So.. next week. Music Bank. A Kai board? Please?”

* * *

The end of the special chapter!
I'll probably be making another Kai x You fanfic, all the ideas are flying into my head!
And sorry to the readers out there who requested for a sequel, I think this story should just end here this way ^^;; 
Once again, thank you so much for all the support~ 

oh and I managed to hit 300 subbies oh my god T___t thank you so much!

<3

I made a post, and I posted a short snippet of one of the ideas I have, do leave comments~ 
http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/320321