Chapter 20

너의 세상으로 (Into Your World)

Kris orders the chauffeur to drive. “Where do you want to go?” He asks in a light tone.
Why is Kris talking and acting so formally?
“I don’t know. How about you decide?” You reply, mirroring his tone.
Kris says something in Chinese to the chauffeur, and he nods in response.
“You know Chinese?” Your voice is curious as you are.
Kris beams proudly, “Of course. My parents invested a lot in the China market, so I have no choice but to learn as well.”
“Oh.” You answer. How long is Kris going to keep up this its-the-first-day-we-met-each-other act, you wonder.
Kris looks out of the window the entire time, lost in thought.
The streets of Beijing at night is heavily cluttered with people, somewhat resembling how it is like back home in Korea.

Finally, the car stops. Kris opens the door for you, and you try your best to scramble out of the car gracefully.
Awkward. Everything feels too awkward. Kris says something to the chauffeur, who drives off.
You and Kris stand infront of a massive architecture, perfectly built by big steel frames as different coloured lights fill the inside.
You let your jaw drop as you blink in amazement.
“Beijing’s very own National Stadium,” Kris chuckles. “They call it the Bird’s Nest.”
Finally Kris drops the formality on you. You sigh in relief.

Kris leads you to a bench just directly infront of the stadium, overlooking a wide water catchment.
The space outside the stadium is vast, the night breeze cooling.
“How are you?” Kris asks.
You ease slightly at his casual tone, “Good. And you?”
“Busy. Been attending meetings, conferences, interviews…” Kris sighs as he loosens up his tie.
Seeing this side of Kris somehow makes you a little sad for him. You wish you can do something to help him, but nothing comes up in your mind.
Kris smiles, and you see the weariness in his eyes. “How’s school?”

You subtly nod, “Not too bad, but mathematics is becoming difficult.”
Kris pats your head, “You’ll have to work hard then.”
“Don’t you have to attend school?” You ask.
Kris’s face is expressionless. “School? Nah. Let’s just say I go straight into this whole adult world thing. Good or bad, I don’t know.”
You frown.
Why does Kris have to be deprived of his teenage years? He should be hanging out with friends in school at this age, not settling paperwork infront of a desk.
“It’s bad," You say.

Kris laughs. “Or so I thought, until I realize I can do so many things with money.”
He pauses, turning his head slightly to you. You and Kris remain silent for a few moments.
“That day,” Kris says, his voice soft and distant. “Even if Kai didn’t take you away, you wouldn’t have agreed right?”
You nod your head, apologetic. “I’m sorry, Kris.”
Kris gives a pained smile. Although he knows it already, but hearing it coming from you somehow crashes down on him harder.
“It’s okay. I should have put more thought into it.” Kris assures. “But whatever I’ve said that day, I do mean it. I will change.”

Kris notices your silence. “It’s for myself, of course,” he quickly amends. And you, too.
Kris gives your shoulder a squeeze.
“Luckily Kai was there,” Kris admits, although he doesn’t want to.
Despite Kai being your brother, it still makes Kris feel nervous that he gets to be around you all the time.
Kai… you wonder if he is doing fine alone with the adults.
“Did you know about our meeting today?” You ask.
Kris shakes his head truthfully. “Not really,” He laughs.
“You do know that it is a matchmaking meeting sort of thing, right? I was pretty surprised when I saw you.”

Your eyes widen, “Matchmaking meeting?”
“My parents have been looking for someone for me, its been going on for a while now.” Kris says. “But nobody has met their standards, nor mine.”
He turns to look at you with his enchanting eyes. “You are an exception.”
You feel the same tension in you, just like when Kris sets his eyes on you on the first day of school.
So, Mom and Dad wanted you to meet Kris because of that?
You feel an invisible anchor drag your heart down to the pit of your stomach slowly.
They love you, they do… you remind yourself.

“But of course, if you wouldn’t even accept me when I personally asked, I doubt you will now, even with our parents’ decisions.” Kris tries to make it sound like it doesn’t matter. But it does, to him.
You hang your head low. You are not sure of what to feel, even more unsure of what to say.
“I still like you, ____.” Kris confesses. You are being brought back to reality.

Do you feel the same way for Kris? You bite on your bottom lip, and Kris sees it.
Kris places his arm around you, pulling you closer to him.
He looks into your eyes, his gaze no longer the usual… It looks threatening, yet sultry at the same time.
Without warning, Kris crashes his lips onto yours with sheer force, pushing you deeper into his arm.
You let out a muffled cry as Kris forces his tongue into your mouth.
Kris is overwhelmed by his lust for you, his mind taking complete control over his actions.
You struggle uselessly, your limbs trying to break free while Kris pins you down in your seat.

Kris’s skillful hands quickly pull down the zipper of your dress as his kiss becomes deeper.
However, he stops. Kris feels warm tears on his face… your tears.
Kris realizes what he has done. He has hurt the girl that he promised he would change for. “Damn,” he curses softly. “I…”
He quickly wipes away your tears as he looks at your broken expression. “No, ____... I’m sorry. Oh my god, I-“
Your tears fall relentlessly, as you push Kris’s hands away, “Don’t touch me!” You yell.
Didn’t Kris say he would change? What are you to him now, just another girl that he wants to take advantage of?
Kris watches as you weep. Bastard, Kris, you are a bastard. How can you do this to her?!
Kris stands up from the bench as he inhales deeply, covering his face with his hands.

“Take me back. Now,” You say in between your sniffling. Your mind is in a mess, all you want to do now is to go home.
Kris reluctantly calls the chauffeur. You ruined everything on your own, Kris… he laments himself.
The chauffeur arrives in no time, escorting you and Kris back to the hotel.
Kris heart will ache whenever he hears you sob softly next to him.
You wipe your tears and smile to yourself upon arriving to the hotel. Mom and Dad cannot see you like this, Kai, too.
Before you open the door to alight the car, Kris grabs your hand tightly.

“_____, I’m sorry. I really am,” he says, his voice filled with remorse. You ignore his words and went into the hotel.
What is your room number again? 307?
You put your ear against the room door…. Nothing but silence.
Kai is not in the room? You frown. You don’t have the key to access the room.
You went to room 306, hoping that Mom and Dad will be inside. 
Likewise, nothing was heard. Where is everyone?

“You’re back.” You jump upon hearing Kai’s voice from behind you.
You turn around meekly, trying to cover your tear-stained face.
Kai has ever seen this before, this expression of yours. It must be because of Kris, again.
Kai quickly opens the door, letting you in first. “What did Kris do?” Kai slams the door shut, suppressing his anger.
You slump onto the bed immediately, utterly tired. “Nothing,” you mumble.
“Why did you cry, then?” Kai sits on the edge of his bed, watching you as you lie.

“I…I yawned.” You close your eyes, surrendering to your fatigue. “Didn’t you tell me to shut up? Why are you still talking to me?”
Kai cast his gaze on the ground, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it.”
That was something like what Kris said earlier. You scoff, “Stop saying and doing stuff that you don’t mean. I’m tired of it.”
Kai then knew for sure, Kris definitely did something to you.
For once, you are actually speaking in a hostile and cold tone, and Kai never thought it was possible.
What on earth did Kris do to make you like this?

Kai stands and walks toward your bed.
 “Let’s go for a swim.”
 

* * *
Author's Note:
 YES KAI LETS GO FOR A SWIM *^^^^* lol /kicks self/

YAY! I've reached chapter 20!! 
Sobs I'm getting more and more comments, and I'm really thankful for it :")

this is very random but lol teehee chanyeol is so cute here!
Do you guys know who my exo bias is? x) 
(Wait, is there even such a thing called bias in exo!?!??!)

Comment!!!<3