Chapter 10

너의 세상으로 (Into Your World)

a/n: Weee~ Its chapter 10 already!! I didn't think I'd write til this far when I first started.. I am really very grateful to all of you who subscribed and commented to me, really thank you so much :'''')

* * *

Kai entered the house with a large bag of food in his hand. You smelt the aroma of freshly made bulgogi, and you immediately shot up.
"Kai!" You ran down the stairs at lightning speed. Kai was still lost in his thoughts as you pounced on him.
You were wearing your ahjumma pajamas with your hair still messy and wet from the bath earlier.
"Give me the meat!" You demanded immediately. Kai looked at your pleading face, not knowing what to do.
He didn't know if telling you what he just saw earlier on was a good idea. 

"Tidy your hair first will you?" Kai said as he placed the bag of food on the table. He ran his fingers through your hair, trying to straighten it out.
You yelled when Kai tugged at the knots. "Ouch!"
Kai's lips slightly curved upwards as he continued 'combing' your hair with his fingers. 
You realized that Kai was having something on his mind, he seemed like he was spacing out while tidying your hair. "Kai..?" You asked.
Kai's focus returned, as though he just got out of a trance, "Uh, yeah?" 
"My hair's neat already, you can stop.." You uttered softly. "..Can I have the meat now?"

Kai knew your obsession with meat, he couldn't say no to you. 
"I bought beef bulgogi. 10 sticks. All yours." Kai smiled as he heard you squeal in delight.
You rushed to the opposite side of the table and sat. "I'll eat well~ Thank you."
Kai sat down as well while taking out the food from the bag. 
You started chomping away on the meat, you were very sure it was going to be your favorite forever.

Kai ran his tongue across his chapped lips. Should he tell you? Or should he not?
Kai cleared his throat, "____. Where's Kris?" He knew that you would be hurt if you knew what Kai saw.
But Kai couldn't bear to see you facing the pain when you get to know the truth in the future. He just couldn't. 
"I don't know, I stopped talking to him when I went to bathe. Why?" You said, with food still in your mouth.
Kai shook his head, "Nothing." He watched as you greedily took the 4th stick of beef. 
"If you continue eating some more, you are going to turn into a pig, ____." Kai said, trying not to laugh. 

In all honesty, Kai adored the sight of you eating to your fullest content. 
He loved how your eyes glow when you see food, meat especially. Kai realized that when you first went out with him and the other guys. 
"I don't mind~" You sang happily. "I can exercise!" 
Kai pinched your nose, "I doubt. Oh gosh I can see some fats forming on your face already." Kai joked. 
You kicked him from under the table, earning an 'ouch' from Kai.

"Oh, ____." Kai started to say. "It's Sehunnie's birthday on Sunday. He invited you to his party."
Your eyes lit up immediately. A party sounds like a lot of fun to you. You nodded your head quickly. "I'll go!" 
"We'll be shopping for his present tomorrow. The rest of us. Do you wanna-"
Before Kai could continue, you placed a finger on his lips. "Definitely! Why do you even bother asking?"
You smiled and retracted your hand back. Little did you know, that small gesture was driving Kai insane.
____.. Kai was almost going bonkers. From that touch of yours, and from your smile.
He scratched his head and nodded awkwardly. "S-so.. tomorrow, 11AM." 

You did an 'O.K' sign to him. "What are you guys buying for Sehun oppa?" 
Kai shrugged, "Probably some Justin Bieber stuff. He's totally gay for him." 
"..G-GAY?" You choked on the dukkbokki you just swallowed, causing you to cough drastically.
Kai immediately rushed to get a glass of water for you, "Yah!" Kai laughed while he helped you drink. "Calm down!"
You regained your sanity after drinking up. "Sehun oppa is-"
Kai laughed even louder, "NO! Of course not! I was kidding! Can't you tell?!" 

"Your sense of humour is so different from mine!" You yelled, still shocked by the choking session.  
Kai and you exchanged eye contact for a few seconds, before breaking out into hysterical laughters.
"Its the first time I've seen someone choke because of what I've said. You are amazing, ____. Totally amazing." Kai was laughing as he clutched onto his stomach. 
You tried to stop laughing when your ringtone started ringing loudly. It was Kris.
"Hello? Kris?" You chuckled a little. Kai's laughter immediately stopped. He listened carefully to your words.

Kris sounded like he just woke up. His voice was low and soft, "Hello, ____-ah."
Kris's bed partner had just left the hotel room. It didn't last long, since Kris has been calling out for your name instead of hers.
It was a turn off for the skimpily dressed beauty, since she felt very disrespected. 
It has been a while since Kris slept with anyone. He was craving for it now more than ever, but he didn't want you to know about it. 
He knew that he had just won your heart, he didn't want to lose it that quickly. 

"Did you just wake up? You sound.." You said, but you couldn't find the right words to say.
Kris thought of an excuse, "Just a little tired. But I want to say good night to you before I turn in."
You felt a bit guilty when you heard Kris say that. He was definitely tired from taking you out the entire day.
"Oh.. goodnight Kris. Sweet dreams!" You said, hoping that he would regain his energy the next day.
Kris smiled. "Mm. Goodnight ____." He said, and you ended the call.

Kai raised an eyebrow, "What did he say?"
You looked down at your food and sighed, "Kris sounded kinda tired. I think its because he brought me out the entire day today. I feel bad."
Kai scoffed loudly. He knew for sure Kris wasn't tired from bringing you out. 
"Don't feel bad. You shouldn't be." Kai comforted.
You nodded. "I don't think I'm eating anymore. Thanks Kai, I'll make sure I get ready by 11AM tomorrow!" You got up from your seat and yawned loudly.
Kai got up as well, "Alright. Goodnight, ____." You smiled as you made your way upstairs.
Why didn't he get a goodnight or a 'sweet dreams' from you? Kai sighed. Oh well, he thought. 

Kai decided to observe Kris's actions for now.
Kai swore over and over again in his head that if you were to cry over Kris, he wouldn't let him off. Never.

* * *

The next day, you got up at 10AM sharp to prepare. You were pretty excited to meet the other oppas again.
"Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Suho and D.O oppas, we'll get to meet soon!" You chirped happily. 
It was Sehun's birthday tomorrow, you thought. A birthday.. you've never had a birthday celebration. 
Well, most of the kids in the orphanage didn't have one too, since they don't even have the slightest idea. Including you.
You shrugged. It's okay, one can still live happily without a birthday.
You headed downstairs and saw Kai, who was already dressed, all ready to go out. 
"Let's go~" Kai lifted his chin at the direction where the door was. 

You and Kai took a taxi down to Apgujeong, where Kai said you would meet the rest there.
True enough, the second the taxi came to a stop, you could already see Chanyeol, D.O, Baekhyun and Suho oppas.
"Oppa!" You exclaimed excitedly. 
Baekhyun pouted, "There's 4 of us, which one are you referring to?" 
"All!" You said, not wanting to be biased. "I missed all of you!" 
Suho laughed, "Don't make her stressed up the moment she starts speaking, Baekhyun." 
You shook your head, you had always felt comfortable when you were with them. It was like they had some sort of energy to make one feel at ease. 

"Since everyone's here, let's go shop for Sehunnie's present now!" D.O said with overwhelming excitement. 
All of them knew about Kai's feelings towards you, and although they really wanted to see Kai get his happiness, they didn't wish to force you either. 
They knew that you have started seeing Kris, reason why Kai was so down yesterday. 
Chanyeol put an arm around you as they walked. "If Kris does anything to you, you HAVE to tell us, get it? Kai, or any one of us."
You looked up at Chanyeol, you were expecting him to be smiling away as usual but no, his face was stern and serious. 
You smiled, "I will, Chanyeol oppa. Don't worry."

"I'm hungry." Baekhyun groaned. "Oh, the things we do for our Sehunnie." 
Just then, a middle aged man stood infront of everyone. 
"Ahjusshi, why are you blocking our path?" D.O looked at him with his huge eyes. 
The man took out a namecard, "Hi, I'm a manager at SM Entertainment. I've been noticing you guys for awhile, and I think-"
"Sorry," Suho said. "We've been approached before." He said with a kind smile.
Kai smirked, "JYP, YG, even someone from your company had approached us already. Sorry."

Baekyeol shook his head, "We must be very good-looking to get scouted everytime we come out." 
The man looked a little disappointed, but a glimpse of hope flickered in his eyes as he saw you. 
"What about this girl here?" He took a step towards you, but everyone quickly blocked him from you.
Kai stood right infront of the man. "No," was all he said. 
Even Chanyeol tightened his grip on you. He leaned down and whispered softly, "Don't accept his request." 
You nodded, slightly frightened by what just happened.
The man retreated in dismay. "Alright then. Thanks for your time." 

"Let's just hurry and get the present." Suho suggested. Everyone agreed, not wanting to bump into another person with the same request.
They walked into a CD shop. "I heard Justin Bieber released a new album." Baekhyun said. 
All of them went to approach the staff in the shop, "Do you have Justin Bieber's latest album?" they asked. 
"Sehun would love our gift." D.O said. "He's a total fan," he sighed.
After purchasing the gift, they went to a shop that sold accessories, including gift cards and wrapping paper etc.
The shop had a cute christmas feel to it. 
They looked for the stuff that they needed, like a box to fit the present, wrapping paper, birthday cards, and all the cute stuff that they think Sehun would like.

Kai, however, was shopping by himself at the other end of the shop. He saw a pretty hairband that he thought would fit you perfectly. 
There was also a small alphabet 'K' on the hairband. K for Kai, he thought.
He sneakily made his way to the counter and paid for it. Kai quickly put the hairband in his bag and joined the other guys. 
"Isn't this a little too girly?" Kai said, showing obvious distaste at a birthday card that Baekhyun chose. 
Baekhyun frowned, "Sehun will like this! I'm sure of it."
Kai shrugged, "If you say so~"

You picked out a birthday card to write for Sehun as well.
"Done?" Suho asked. Everyone nodded and Suho led you and the other oppas out of the shop. 
"Let's go to a cafe to write our cards and wrap the presents. Plus, I'm hungry." Baekhyun groaned again. 
They stopped infront of a cafe, contemplating if they should go in.
Just then, Kai saw Kris inside the cafe with another girl, different from the one he saw last night. 
Kai nudged Chanyeol, who then nudged the others. 

"Or.." D.O said as he spun you the opposite direction. "Let's just go back to Chanyeol's place. I can cook."
Baekhyun nodded, "I'm not very hungry too, actually. Let's go."
You were confused with the sudden turn of events. "Why are we not going to that cafe? It looks nice, though." You asked.
No one replied you. "..It's..Ah! I heard that their service is horrible. Wouldn't want to experience it myself." Suho lied. 
Kai pursed his lips as he resisted from running back to the cafe to beat the hell out of Kris. 

Kai remembered your sudden change in mood when you thought that Kris was tired last night.
He knew you liked Kris a lot, to the extent of putting him first. Kris was able to control your feelings at a snap of his fingers, while all Kai could do was watch.
Kai hated seeing you being lied to by Kris like this. He really hated it. 
Chanyeol could feel Kai's anger just by standing next to him. "Chill, Kai." 
"He brought a different girl to a hotel last night. I saw it with my own eyes." Kai said as he gritted his teeth in anger. 
Chanyeol's eyes were wide open. "Didn't you say that Kris liked her?"

"I thought so, too. What should I do now, Chanyeol?" Kai asked. He was on the verge of letting it all out.
Suho, who was at the front with you, D.O and Baekhyun turned around to give Kai an 'O.K' sign, indicating that things over there with you were going fine.
D.O and Baekhyun were glad that they managed to make you suspect nothing. 
Kai nodded and mouthed a 'Thank you' to Suho. 
Chanyeol patted Kai's back. It was like Chanyeol had expected it. "At least he haven't done anything to ____, ..yet." 
Chanyeol followed Kai's gaze to you. 

"I will make him sorry if he did." Kai said under his breath.

* * *

You wrote a long message to Sehun on the birthday card until there wasn't anymore space left. "Is mine too long?" You said, showing your card to Baekhyun.
Baekhyun gasped when he saw your card. "Mine wasn't even a quarter of yours!" 
You weren't surprised, since guys probably didn't have much to say to each other. 
"Dinner's ready~" D.O said. You and Baekhyun got up from the floor, while Chanyeol and Kai paused their game. 
You were surprised at the sumptuous meal that D.O made. "D.O oppa, did you do all this?! It's amazing!" 
"Suho helped me out too of course." D.O said, a little shy from the compliment.
"Stop complimenting him already, he's going to insist on cooking all 3 meals for all of us if you do so." Kai said playfully. 

While eating, you realized that there wasn't anyone at Chanyeol's place. 
"Chanyeol oppa, isn't there anyone at home?" You said while chewing on your food. 
Chanyeol shook his head, "Nah. Hardly anyone's home. I'm like Kai." 
You understood what Chanyeol meant by that. You felt sad for Chanyeol, just like how you felt sad for Kai.
Chanyeol noticed your silence. "But Kai's better off. He has you," he said, smiling brightly.
All the other guys smiled along, as though it was an inside joke. Suho lightly nudged Kai who was on his right. 

Kai buried his face in the food as he thought of how to change the topic. "D.O, your cooking improved a lot. Really." 
Unexpected to Kai, it came out pretty awkward. Everyone simply stared at Kai oddly. "...Just eat." Kai mumbled. 
Did Kai become shy at the mention of you? You thought. Somehow, it made you feel happy inside. 
Since when did you become a tease to Kai? All along it was Kai making you feel embarrassed but now, it was the other way round.

"Someone's blushing~" Baekhyun teased Kai as he took another piece of meat for you. "Eat more, ____-ah. You'll need the energy for tomorrow."
Honestly, you were pretty excited for tomorrow. It was going to be the first birthday party you're going to attend in your life. 
"Let's give the birthday boy a call at 12AM sharp, shall we?" Suho asked. 
Chanyeol shot up from his seat, "We should prank him too." 

* * *

12AM sharp. 
Everyone sat in a circle in Chanyeol's living room. Kai called Sehun and put it on speaker mode. 
Baekhyun was trying not to laugh as he covered his mouth. 
"Sehun-ah." Kai said. "I'm really injured right now, I think I can't make it anymore. I quarrelled with the rest and they beat me up badly."
Kai spoke as though he was really hurt. You had no idea Kai had this in him. 
"Kai..? What do you mean you can't make it? Don't say such stuff!" Sehun's voice was trembling, causing Baekhyun and D.O to lean on each other while they silently explode with laughter.
Kai his lips before continuing the act, "My eyes are going to close soon.. Sehun-ah, you've been a good friend." 
Now you couldn't contain your laughter as well. Chanyeol had to cover your mouth for you as he tried to keep his lips shut tight. 
Sehun started to sob over the phone, "Kai.. I.. I-I really.. You've been a great friend to me as well, Kai. I will never forget you." 
Kai placed the phone on the ground and covered his face with both his hands. 


(hehe ^^;;)

"I can't do this anymore!" Kai yelled as he fell on his back. Everyone burst out laughing, including you. 
"Happy birthday Sehun!" Suho said. "We were just joking. Kai is not dying, don't cry!" 
You laughed as you took the phone, "Sehun oppa! It's me, ____-ah! Stop crying~ Happy Birthday to you!"
Sehun could be heard sniffling messily over the phone. 
"Ah.... really!" Sehun started giggling. D.O and Baekhyun took the phone. "Cry baby! Happy birthday!" 

"Sehun-ah, did you really think we would beat Kai up?! Huh!" Chanyeol said in his deep voice. "Still, happy birthday! Don't cry on your birthday!"
Sehun cleared his throat, "I didn't cry. Thank you guys for calling me up."
"You didn't cry? Totally." Suho teased. "We'll see you tomorrow, Sehun-ah."
"Don't be late! You guys are the special guests for my party." Sehun reminded.
"Of course, who would else can be the special guests?" Kai said. "Happy birthday, Sehun-ah. But really, I'm touched that you cried for me." 
Sehun shouted in the phone, "YAH! Don't talk about that anymore!" 
"Alright, birthday boy. See you!" Kai said. With that, the call ended.

Chanyeol gave Kai a high-five. "Success. Sehun totally fell for it!" 
The day ended with everyone feeling happy. 
"Bye Kai, bye ____-ah. See you guys tomorrow!" The rest who were staying over at Chanyeol's place for the night bid goodbye to you and Kai.
"Goodnight oppa!" You waved back to them.

Kai and you walked back home. It was rather late, there wasn't any lights on the streets. 
It was a fulfilling day for you. Buying gifts for Sehun, writing a birthday card, and spending time with the oppas. 
However, you felt like something was amiss. Kris came to your mind. It's been a whole day since Kris contacted you. 
You felt like calling Kris, but you were worried that he was already sleeping and you didn't want to wake him up. 
You made Kris so worn out yesterday, he was probably resting at home today, you thought. 

Kai somehow knew that you were thinking of Kris. He noticed that you were checking your phone repeatedly. 
"Did Kris call?" Kai asked. You shook your head, "No.. I guess he's still tired." 
Kai rolled his eyes when you said that. But still, he didn't say it out. "Yea, he's probably tired. Don't worry." 
"Today was really fun!" You said. Kai nodded in agreement, "It's always like this when I'm with the guys." 
"I hope all of us can remain like this forever," You admitted. "..happily."
Of course, Kai wanted to remain happily like this too, but Kai knew you were going to be hurt someday.. by Kris.
Kai knew he wouldn't be able to forgive himself when that time comes. But he couldn't bear to tell you the truth.
For now, Kai would just like to keep you by his side, making sure you're safe and sound. 

"We will." Kai replied.

* * *

a/n: This is a REAAAALLLY long update, but because I might not be updating for the next few days or so, I thought I should write it as long as possible :(
I have a test coming up so I really need to study hard for it!
Thank you guys for all the love for this fic ;u; <3
I'll be back soon!! xx

Our 2 main leads <3